The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Color Changing Silks Close-up (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TOM WIESE
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of TOM WIESE
Would like to some thoughts on a good Color Changing Silk routine to be used for a close-up venue on a walk-around basis. I'm currently using a TT ala Jay Scott Berry's "Eclipse Tip". The problem with his TT is that it holds very little. And sometimes the "Flap" sticks and I have trouble getting to the silk. It becomes troublesome. I'm looking for a pass-thru dye tube. But my problem with most dye tubes is the opening. Both my fore finger and middle finger just barely fits into the tube. So when I begin to push in the silk because of the thickness of the silk and the size of my fingers, its almost impossible to get the silk in. Any help would be appreciated.
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
949 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Instead of a Dye-tube use a Palmo instead. It will work with walk-around situation.

James Adamson
http://www.seam2006.com
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13384 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
The problem with a lot of the JSBarry stuff is that the TT holds very little.
I recommend getting a large TT to reduce tension in the hands and use the diamond shaped silks instead of the square 9" ones.

I've come to realize that the JSBarry stuff is better for stage, in my opinion.

Do check out the palmo. they hold a lot...
and reduce a lot of the problems..

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/mSearchR......ref=cafe
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
TOM WIESE
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of TOM WIESE
Hi Frank, couple of questions pertaining to the "Palmo". How useful will this item be in a close-up venue. Like in your face close-up. I'v never used one. I have only used TT or Dye tubes. I like the fact that the Dye Tube is only 1" in diamater and the TT just disappears when used properly. I've watched spectators when I do my color changing silk routine and when they realize the silk has changed colors, then begin to search around and then their attention moves to my hand which conceals the thumb tip. Being the TT is invisible when used properly, they then dismiss my hand with the TT as they see nothing. But if my hand is hiding a palmo, then what? Whats the out. With a tip, I can flash my hand to show there is nothing being hid inside. But can't flash my hand if I'm palming a palmo. Your comments?

Palmo, The Laflin Silk series- #4, DVD
TOM WIESE
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of TOM WIESE
Hi again Frank, I forgot to ask you about a dvd that available its the "Palmo, The Laflin Silk Series - #4, DVD. Have you seen this dvd or heard anything about it. Wondering if its something I should buy?
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13384 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I do think they can be used close-up. not as easily as a TT , of course, but you'll see how laflin conceals it on the DVD. works well.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Color Changing Silks Close-up (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL