The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fredi Up Thumbtip (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Xargos
View Profile
Loyal user
Brussels
268 Posts

Profile of Xargos
I had the same problem, the paint is coming off... and I didn't even use it much !

I'm swiching back to vernet hard plastic TT... At least you don't cry when you waste it...
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Well, I sent an email to the Fredi Up company asking them to reply to the concern about peeling that has been discussed here.

I received an email back from them within a day.

Here is their reply:

Quote:
Thank you for your e-mail regarding our silicone thumb tips.

For one year, we have sold FP thumb tip throughout the whole world.

We use a medical silicone used to manufacture prosthesis of very high quality.

Every day, we receive very positive comments of our customers . However some of
our customers had the bad idea to want to modify the aspect of their TT by using sandpaper to get it more matte finish or boil the thumb tip to modify the size.
We do not recommend doing this.

Under normal condition of use you will not have any problem with your TT.

We try to do the best products and the best support for our customers and we hope you will be a lifetime customer of our company.

Magical regards,

Magic Fredi UP's team

http://www.magic-frediup.com/index.php?langue=en
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
David,
So did they refund or replace the TT for you at the end?
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On 2006-09-09 17:18, wise owl wrote:
David,
So did they refund or replace the TT for you at the end?

Hi, Wise Owl,

Actually, I haven't had any trouble with the Fredi Up TT. I have seen and handled one , but have not yet received the one I ordered (any day now) . I was a bit alarmed by one of the posts here concerning a peeling paint problem , so I decided to contact the Fredi Up company to see what they had to say about it. One of the guys who was having problems with his mentioned that the Fredi Up company was not answering emails, but I did get my email answered in under 12 hours. I certainly hope anyone who has had problems with theirs will be provided with a replacement or refund , but as of yet I have had no problem with the Fredi Up . If I do have a problem with the paint peeling off I will certainly report back here. (hoping that the couple of reports I've read here on Magic Café about peeling are isolated examples) .

D
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Hmmmm, very strange indeed.
Ok, I'll mail them again. Let's see if they answer.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Full Deck
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Full Deck
It should not make any difference how realistic the TT is. Its not suppose to be seen anyway. The TT could be purple with white dots on it. Properly used, it should be invisible.

Full Deck
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Its not suppose to be seen anyway. The TT could be purple with white dots on it. Properly used, it should be invisible
Full Deck
------------------------------------------------------
This has been discussed when fredi up first released.

The point here is that if we spend much more money than normal TT, we expect a better quality. And the product should be durable and customer service should be quick.

Anyway, mine seems fine and I don't have problem with Fredi up's customer service so far. So may be Xiqual is a special case. I hopes that he fixed his problem now.
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
Quote:
On 2006-09-07 11:14, Xiqual wrote:
Just curious if anybody else has the same problem?
My Fredi is now "spotty". Lots of paint falling off and the nail is really a terrible color.
The company will not answer any emails from me.

What a waste of $35
DON'T BUY THIS THUMBTIP.
James

This happened to one of mine. I e-mailed them and they sent me a new one.

Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2006-09-15 15:04, Full Deck wrote:
It should not make any difference how realistic the TT is. Its not suppose to be seen anyway. The TT could be purple with white dots on it. Properly used, it should be invisible.

Full Deck

Would all the little hawdy tawdy "You could use a chrome thumbtip if you use it properly." spouting magicians please step to the back of the room and keep quiet.

Thank you for your repetitive tripe. I'm glad you know how to read a pamphlet and then regurgitate the information here in this forum.

No one here thinks you are smart because you are a parrot.

I know how to use a thumbtip. I use the Fredi for extreme closeup work.

Now, go away please.
James Linn
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Well said, James! I've never understood that "chrome or red" thumb tip mantra. It makes sense to use every advantage available; I also wonder how well the red and chrome tips would work with d'lites.

Ron
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Thanks for your support Ron,
If you look at this thread, those "Hallowed words" have been echoed about four times.

"I'll just stick to my Vernet."

"I have a friend that uses a chrome TT."

"If you use it right, you should be able to paint it orange."
That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

You can't do a close up finger through shirt with a vernet.
I was using the Fredi to twist my thumb really close.

Wiseowl also had a great point. We all paid for an expensive product. We should get a good product.
James
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Quote:
On 2006-09-16 11:47, Ron Reid wrote:
Well said, James! I've never understood that "chrome or red" thumb tip mantra. It makes sense to use every advantage available; I also wonder how well the red and chrome tips would work with d'lites.

Ron

Many people in magic often hear "figures of speech' echoed too frequently out of context somewhere, and then adapt those "myths" through blind faith as absolute truth. James and Ron are among the few here on this forum who know that, and the many other fallacies surrounding the performance of magic.
Great posts guys. Smile
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
Again I agree with mr Linn.

God knows why people think it is clever to say it can be bright orange etc, please examine what you say??? you are thinking more dye tube... or just not thinking!!!

Thumbtip should be able to be used in more ways than a simple hanky vanish with your thumb hidden out of view! how un-natural!

But then again, if I sell a purple thumb will I get rich quick?

Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
My Freddi Tip is working great...no signs of paint peeling or chipping, etc.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
Quote:
On 2006-06-21 06:02, Kjellstrom wrote:
If you want new fresh ideas with a thumb tip, check out Alexander de Covas new DVD: Examining the Thumbtip.

I just ordered this DVD after reading the review on it in this month's (Oct. 2006) Magic Magazine. I'm expecting it to come in Saturday's mail.

I also have a Fredi-Up Thumb Tip and it is an absolute work of art. I love it. I don't care how slow or sloppy I am when using it...I don't get caught. It also has a pretty good load size without looking freakishly long. I don't have any problem doing a bill switch with the Fredi-Up as long as the bill is in fairly new condition. Older, softer bills don't slide out as easily. Though I have no complaints about the Fredi-Up, I prefer a Vernet Soft for bill switches, (because it's soft enough to be comfortable and hard and smooth enough inside to perform the switch smoothly). But for everything else, I prefer my Fredi-Up.

And I'm sure I'll spout off about it plenty in the future, but let me just say that I don't buy that tired old claim of, "if you do it right, it can be bright pink, (or green, red, yellow, striped, etc.)" and it won't be seen. First of all, that comment is usually riding on an arrogant attitude and comes across as sounding condescending or insulting. Sure, I can use a bright pink one without getting caught; but it limits my movements. I like to show my hands empty, (palms out, fingertips forward), on many illusions and you can't do that with a bright pink thumb tip. Also, I think the more realistic-looking ones tend to give the magician a bit more confidence. And confidence in the performance equals a better performance and a satisfied and sufficiently amazed audience. ...I'm a thumb tip enthusiast and this has been my two cents worth. We return you now to your regularly scheduled discussion...
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I will give away my new thumbtip effect for free, you can find it in this tiny video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0Iflz8IjJw (frame 42)
But yo need a good thumb tip to pull this off, especially if you do it extremely close up...
Have fun.
Evilstalkerhorne
View Profile
New user
USA Waterloo Iowa
70 Posts

Profile of Evilstalkerhorne
Hey, I just bought the Kronos gimmick. It is creative but the tip SUCKS REALLY BAD! I just ordered about 3 different kinds one of the Freddi and one of the Hot Trix guys. Just wondering if anyone has tried the Hot Trix people yet? I honestly can say that for over $200 US dollars I expected a lot better tip (I suspected that this was how the trick was done) or to be surprised by a different method. I will post a full review later on Kronos as well as both tips. I also bought a finger tip from the Hot Trix people.
Evilstalkerhorne
View Profile
New user
USA Waterloo Iowa
70 Posts

Profile of Evilstalkerhorne
By the way, did I state that I am not too happy about my Kronos purchase yet?
Well, it could be a better gimmick. I am really digusted by the tip. It is not the same one used in the promotional video. Horrible tip! The cheap, browner with no detail in the nail(or anywhere else for that matter) narrow at the end kind that barely fits above the knuckle. I think my 2 year old nephew could spot it before I even pick up the watch!! Avoid this one unless you have an AWESOME tip guys! (which $200 bucks should cover!)
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Christopher...I have personally found that, for me, bill switches work better with hard TTs (like the Vernet), while the softer tips work better for things like salt pour routines. I guess it is just a friction thing.

Bob Phillips
Cory Chapin
View Profile
Loyal user
Of God!
270 Posts

Profile of Cory Chapin
Hey guys,
My tip faded quickly too. they almost got it right.
Cory
Followers can be leaders if they just turn around.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fredi Up Thumbtip (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL