The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Josh Jay Overlap book- Jumbo cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
It seems that the jumbo Jacks overlap gimmick is not quite printed right. It seems to "lean' a bit too much. On the other hand, the Kings gimmick he shows in the photos in the book and in the DVD performance is correct. Why the book gives us the jumbo Jacks gimmick and not the Kings one?
Otherwise, this is a terriffic book and a great value.
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1138 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Though I haven't worked with the Jumbos too much yet, I have to say this is a great book - great production quality (writing and layout) and value added elements (the dvd, the gaffs, etc). I thought including the jumbo cards required for the routine in the book was first class.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2115 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hey Doug,

I'm glad you liked the design of the book. Josh wanted it to be like a self-contained kit. It was a lot of fun putting it together. Josh is a very talented and nice guy!

Ben
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
How is the packaging?
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
Quote:
On 2006-04-21 08:46, Chris Jones wrote:
How is the packaging?

The packaging is terriffic. The book is very well written and illustrated. There is a DVD demo of the effects. You receive all necessary gimmicks, and I mean a lot of them too. This is a terriffic value for $35.00.

But the post topic is about the jumbo cards supplied. The Overlap gimmick appears misprinted. He supplies Jacks with the book but the illustrations on page 47 uses a jumbo kings gimmick. Compare the photos with the gimmick jumbo jack card supplied and you'll see the problem when trying to perform this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Josh Jay Overlap book- Jumbo cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL