The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Nailed! Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bosque
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bosque
I like using the sleeve for the second part of the effect. Makes it seem more integral to the plot and less suspicious. I'm adding this to my list of favorite Sankey tricks, along with In a Flash and Holy Moly. I don't care if Jay's stuff is not fashionable. For me, these 3 tricks are workers.
--- Steve Bosque
Matt Kerner
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of Matt Kerner
Lol! I can see how he got them mixed up.

Jay Noblezada
Jay Sankey

Nailed!
Nailed!

Haha. Different effect, Smitty. Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Here's the effect ( and then why I wouldn't get it ):

"You introduce a very unusual prediction: a color photograph of the Four of Diamonds nailed to a wooden table. You insist that, "in a moment -when your freely select a card- it will in fact be the card in the photo." The spectator is asked to hold onto the photo, but when she selects a card it is found to be the King of Clubs, not the card in the photo. To right matters, you do the truly impossible by causing the King of Clubs to change places with the Four of Diamonds inside the photo!"

OK, I always do a transpo in their hand. The freely choose a card, It gets lost in the deck, I find their card and put it face down in their hand. They say that wasn't their card and they like magic, their card changes in their hand. Can be done of course with a borrowed deck.

I don't think Sankey's effect as strong and more importantly isn't stronger. It's an interesting trick. The props look great.

Whether you like or hate David Blaine, the reactions he got on his first special is what I go for. I want them to scream, or drop their jaws in amazement.

Just my take on the subject.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Point taken, MagicChris. I love transposions. There are several in my repetoire. What turned me on about this one was the whole transposing through space and time idea. Does this get better reactions than any other transposition I've performed? No. Are the reactions just as strong? Yes.

I do not think this effect will change the face of magic as we know it. But if you like the concept and think you can make it work, then I think you'll like this effect.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-04-10 09:47, cfrancis wrote:
Point taken, MagicChris. I love transposions. There are several in my repetoire. What turned me on about this one was the whole transposing through space and time idea. Does this get better reactions than any other transposition I've performed? No. Are the reactions just as strong? Yes.

I do not think this effect will change the face of magic as we know it. But if you like the concept and think you can make it work, then I think you'll like this effect.

cfrancis, thanks for sharing that. Hey, if there is a routine with it that can get me excited about doing it, I'd buy it. I think for $20 there is a lot of value there.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

I do think $20 is a fair price. Especially because on the dvd he gives you so many presentational options and even some basic lessons on forcing.

Although, having recently purchased the first Paul Harris Stars of Magic dvd for under $20, value is starting to have a whole new meaning for me. The Paul Harris dvd is the one magic purchase I've made where I actually felt guilty about not paying enough for it. A rare thing in magic. But back to the topic at hand...
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Okay, so I've been performing this trick for the past week using the plastic sleeve in the second half of the effect. MUCH better effect. People are completely blown away and have no rational explanation for how this could happen. If you own the effect, try it this way. It's killer.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
I diagree that "the sleeve is examinable"
the sleeve we are thinking about isn't, a sleeve, is however
don't get me wrong, I like this trick, but lets not be too specfic about the details.....
to a layman it can be checked out if desired, but I wouldn't dwell on ths when posting "it can be examined"
after you could say a sh**l coin is examinable.... after you sw*****d it out
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Nailed! Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL