The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Birthday Party Business (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matty Moriates
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Matty Moriates
Hi everyone,

Okay, so I am starting out in kids shows and I was wondering if this book is worth it. Will I learn a lot from it, or am I better off just sticking with other books I am going to purchase and save myself the money. (note: my other books are kidbiz, children laugh louder, seriously silly, and professional magic for children)

So can someone write a review for this book please?? Thanks in advance!!

Matty
-3-
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2216 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
If you want to learn about birthday shows get any Quentin Reynolds DVD or Ken Scott Making The Birthday Dough dvd...excellent in everyway.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Matty Moriates
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Ok thank you shomemagic. I will look into them for sure. But for now I would like a review of this book. Thanks!
-3-
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
I have a book - The Happy Birthday Business by Frances Marshall,
is this the one ?
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2216 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Sorry I got off subject I just wanted to list some great alternatives to what you were searching for>
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Matty Moriates
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

It's ok shomemagic.. I do appreciate your input.. I just tried to get back on topic Smile.

And Eddie:
http://ginnmagic.com/Bindex.htm
There is a link to the book I am looking for.

Thanks guys!
Matty
-3-
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Hi,

One of the best "unknown" resources that I am aware of is Tony Daniel's Kid-Show Magician's Notebook available at Stevens magic. Tony is a worker, and it shows...this book contains not only routines, but also "business" info, such as form templates for you to use. He is also a heck of a nice guy (he did a lecture there, and had a chance to meet him).

Have a good one,

Bob Phillips

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=609
Matty Moriates
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Thank you Bob. I am looking into this very moment.

Anyone else have any advice/reviews?
-3-
Matty Moriates
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Can anyone else help me out on this one?? Thanks
-3-
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Hi,

Forgot to mention that Tony Daniels has a book (in three ring binder) that goes supplements the book I mentioned earlier (Kid Show Magicians Notebook) titled Birthday Party Booking System. This has all the forms, both on the pages and on the included CD (they are in MS Word format). It also includes a template for a small booklet for parents on what to look for when hiring an entertainer (the benefits). This is easily personalized for your use. This can be printed up and left at party supply businesses. This is also available at Stevens Magic.

Bob Phillips

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=2963
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
With regards to Tony Daniel's book, is it just meant for beginners? The reason I ask is that most Kid Show magicians books seem to be aimed at novice magicians.

Would someone with 15 years experience get anything out of this book?

Thanks,

Gerry
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
I have 26 years experience, and I definately got something out of it. There are lots of books of tricks. There is a lot of material on "business" and not just the "show." I found the templates in the latter book quite helpful, and the booklet/flyer especially. This can be personalized to you. Yes, it is helpful.

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Birthday Party Business (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.5 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL