The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Impossible dancing hank vs ultimate dancing hank (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

almazer
View Profile
New user
Athens,Greece
66 Posts

Profile of almazer
Hi guys. I`m new to the Café and would like to ask any of you which one of Sean Bogunia's products is better.
Thanks for your time.
Frank Simpson
View Profile
Special user
SW Montana
881 Posts

Profile of Frank Simpson
It depends on what you want to accomplish in performance. The Ultimate Dancing Hank is the most "standard" for a stand-alone act, but I find that the Animation Senstation and the Impossible Hank are a great augmentation to the act. They afford me the opportunity to expand the entertanment value of the basic dancing hank effect.

For me personally, it would be difficult to perform the Impossible Hank as a stand-alone effect, and yet I have heard of others who have done so very successfully.

I would suggest that you decide what you want the basic effect to be for your audience and then contact Sean and ask for a recommendation to best suit your needs.

Best of luck!
almazer
View Profile
New user
Athens,Greece
66 Posts

Profile of almazer
Nice point of view, helpfull advices. Thanks a lot, I rather go for the ultimate dancing hank, it fits more to my shows.
Perry!
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Frank is absolutely right about the combination of effects. However, if you want a combination that is a little more affordable, you might want to combine Don Wayne's Dancing Hank (if you can find one) with the Impossible Hank. Don Wayne's original hank was the genisis for the UDH effect.

Although you can't do as many moves with the original Don Wayne hank, it will still dance nicely behind the cloth, behind your arm and in front of the cloth. You can then ditch the DW hank behind the foulard and move into the Impossible Hank routine.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Ben Whiting
View Profile
Loyal user
Traverse City, MI
247 Posts

Profile of Ben Whiting
I recently purchased Sean's PTS and it is absolutely amazing. I had a few lighting issues at first but once those were resolved it worked like a charm....
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
761 Posts

Profile of 61magic
I have owned both of the products. Prior to purchasing the Ultimate Dancing Hank I owned the Don Wayne dancing hank.
The two effects can be used together, or individually. They are built quite well, and do what is advertised.
Magicman845 is correct on his description of the UDH vs. the Don Wayne model and the price of the Don Wayne model is 10 times less.
I found the two effects to be pretty expensive if the dancing hank is not a major part of your act.
I also did not like the special curtain background needed for the UDH. It made using the full effect impracticle for me.
I eventually sold my UDH, but retained the IH that I can use with a Don Wayne hank.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
almazer
View Profile
New user
Athens,Greece
66 Posts

Profile of almazer
What the special foulard needed for? Is it something that seem the trick suspicious? So in your opinion guys which one would you recommend?
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Hmm, I did UDH in a caberet setting with just some mylar rain curtains I used. Good lighting and no one saw the secret.
DavidCaserta
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of DavidCaserta
You don't need a mylar curtain. You just have to light it right and it will be undetectable. I use both of these effects and receive great reactions.
SBogunia
View Profile
New user
Niles MI
42 Posts

Profile of SBogunia
Frank Simpson:
You said everything I would have said Thanks.

When it comes to the UDH you only need a back drop for the bottle move.
90% of the time I just leave that out and I can still do all the other moves and do what I think is the best move the pocket move. Without the need for a back drop. All I need is my case and I can walk on and do my hanky act anywhere and anytime during the show.

Thank you Ben for the nice comments for PTS....
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Ideally the 3 products Sean makes are made to sting together to allow you to remove
any thoughts of T work. Each imploys a different method and can work together to make a complete killer act.
Daniel Faith
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22771 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2006-04-05 18:50, almazer wrote:
What the special foulard needed for? Is it something that seem the trick suspicious? So in your opinion guys which one would you recommend?

Not Foulard, but backdrop Curtain, there is a difference!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Impossible dancing hank vs ultimate dancing hank (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL