We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » True impromptu effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
gink103
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of gink103
Ok I live at college and there are a lot of parties. So I'm at a party last weekend and I didn't bring any cards and some people recognized me and told me to do some magic. here is what I did these are true impromptu effects.

I started with bad habbit by Daniel Garcia. (if you put the practice into this effect it is a great impromptu effect. In the final stage I do my own coin vanish I invented to make it go back into the box.

Someone handed me a fork because they remembered me doing it at another time and I just did the second half of liquid metal by Morgan Strebler.

I also did a ring and rubberband routine by Daniel Garcia and finish with crazy mans handcuffs. this is also completely impromptu because I always wear a ring and rubberbands around my rist.

I also did ghost bills (With the right presentation this does get good reactions.

Finished with Sinful which completely blew them away.

So these are some truely impromptu effects with completely barrowed objects that I made an entier routine out of.

I would like to know some other great impromptu effects. I read something about a center tear, I am somewhat new to magic and don't know what that is. I recently ordered Gregory wilsons on the spot and hope ill use some material on there.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Traveling Cash – Harlan-elastics/bill.
Pen thru Bill-pen/bill.
$100 Bill Switch – Tivoli(sp) no TT.
Broken Band – Elastrix -elastics.
Linking Bands – Elastrix, Rindfleisch – elastics.
Recap – G. Wilson-bic pen.
Coin to Pen Cap.-pen/coin.
Rubber Ringer – Almanac/Elastrix –Finger ring & elastic.
“Stirring Silver” – Sankey-Fring/spoon.
Copper/Silver – G. Wilson-2 pennies/dime.
26 Cent Trick – Michael Close. 2 dimes, nickel, penny.
Gadabout Coins – coins and other items. Bobo.
Coins Across – Roth, Bobo and others.
Just Pretend – one coin flurry. Bobo.
Hanging Coins – Roth.
Pitch and Ditch/Changing Coin- G. Wilson.
Bluff Vanish – coins. Bobo.
Much from Little-coins.Bobo.
Coin to key – coin, key.Bobo.
Cigarama-Garcia-stars tape- cigarettes.

.....there's too many to name.
The Great Simon
View Profile
New user
Rugby, UK
34 Posts

Profile of The Great Simon
The Centre Tear is a mentalism technique; if you want to get into mentalism you should check out 13 Steps to Mentalism by Corinda - it has a whole chapter on that sort of thing, and loads of other great stuff, much of which is impromptu.
"What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet." - Woody Allen
cloneman
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of cloneman
Center tear. Hundy 500 (always on my). coin flourish routine. Time Machine (always worn).
"Anything is possible... if you don't know what you are talking about."
RickyD
View Profile
New user
South Carolina
91 Posts

Profile of RickyD
Quote:
On 2006-04-05 18:23, Jaz wrote:

Are you referring to the trick from On the Spot? If so, I belive Wilson officially calls it "A Questionable Trick". (I'm being nit-picky, but if someone's looking for that particular trick, wanted to give them the "right" name.)
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen."
-- Philippians 4:23
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Quote:
On 2006-04-06 10:53, RickyD wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-04-05 18:23, Jaz wrote:

Are you referring to the trick from On the Spot? If so, I belive Wilson officially calls it "A Questionable Trick". (I'm being nit-picky, but if someone's looking for that particular trick, wanted to give them the "right" name.)

That's it. Thanks Rick.
ofrmagic
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of ofrmagic
Sinful
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Romania
1342 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Sinful by wayne houchin , of course.
what I also like to use pretty often is Infusion by andrew mayne.
both of these effects do not use gimmicks and of course they are 100% impromptu

-Matt
Your One Stop Booze Abusing Comedy Magic Show!
english rick
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of english rick
As a mentalist I always do impromptu stuff as it plays strong. My advice would be don't forget your cards, first of all (it is unpardonable), also it is pointless to buy [b]Corindas 13 Steps…[/i] for one technique (centre tear). You can find that technique almost anywhere. Dan Harlan’s impromptu magic video is a good place to start. Get used to carrying at least a couple of props on you; cards, thumb tip. It is not the amount of magic you know, it is how well you perform what you do know. Books do not give you good technique, neither can it be bought, to start with perfect, what you have got!
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Quote:
On 2006-04-10 08:02, Matt Malinas wrote:
Sinful by wayne houchin , of course.
what I also like to use pretty often is Infusion by andrew mayne.
both of these effects do not use gimmicks and of course they are 100% impromptu

-Matt

What kind of reactions do you get fron infusion? Because it doesn't seem that great a trick to me, or not as good as ghost bills.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
psyrules510
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of psyrules510
I agree. When I did infusion for a group of people, they nearly figured it out. My friend didn't even buy the trick and he knows how to do it.
ofrmagic
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of ofrmagic
Hole in the head is also impromtu
Dolphin
View Profile
Regular user
Slovenia
171 Posts

Profile of Dolphin
Pinnacle from Russ Niedzwiecki, Misleading the Mislead, version of Matrix...let`s say you use bear pads instead of cards, coin thru table, coin in can, etc.
Matty Moriates
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Matty Moriates
"sinful" and "a questionable trick" are probably my two favorites. These always hit hard and they are pretty easy to do Smile
-3-
gink103
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of gink103
Funny you should mention infusion. This is a so-so trick. I took time to get it down. Even though I didn't get the trick. I figured it out the first time I saw the preview. I also like 3/4 across from gregory wilson. But the point to this post was to talk about true impromptu tricks with completely barrowed objects. While cards and thumbtips are great, its unreasonable to carry them every second I leave my dorm or house. I really like the art of completely impromptu on the spot magic. Daniel Garcia's bad habit trick is awesome. Its original and it uses something I run into alot. You only need one quarter in your pocket and everything else can be barrowed. Does anyone else do this trick?
roi_tau
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel
332 Posts

Profile of roi_tau
I always take with me a folded coin and 4 cards for Kenton Knepper routine

("I missed by one...")

Have fun
Roi
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3589 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Kathy's Screwy Finger Bit - Jim Ryan Issue of Magic Menu
Robbing Strength From An Arm (Georgia Magnet effect)
Chevreault's Pendulum (any good book on suggestion)
Equivoque (when done well, this is as close to the real thing as you can get, IMHO)
CT (borrow some paper and a pencil)
Book Test (Bold & Subtle Miracles of Dr Faust by David Hoy)

Magic:
Han Ping Chien coins thru table (borrow 4 quarters and a ring)
coins across
1 coin flourish routine (Bobo or Slydini)
Flight of the Paper Balls (Slydini and me)
CMH
Cash Ladder (borrow the rubberbands and the bill)
Linking rubberbands (Rindflisch)
Ring that goes UP the rubberband (borrow the ring)

and, if appropriate (and it usually isn't)...

Jay Marshall's Shoes on Table (borrow a large napkin) see the video Table C**p for this, I think.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
gink103
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of gink103
Could you explaing cash ladder, Linking rubberbands (if its different from cmh) and right that goes up the rubberband. And if they are worth it give me direction to where I can learn them.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3589 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Cash ladder - two rubber bands are held between two fists. A bill is wrapped around the top strand. It magically jumps down to the second, then the third and, sinally, the last strand.

Linking bands - a rubber band version of the linking rings using two ungimmicked rubber bands.

Ring that goes up a band. A ring is placed on the strand of a broken rubber band that is stretched between your hands and held on an inclining angle. The ring is at the lowermost end. As the spectators watch, the ring slowly moves UP the band without ANY motion on your part.

All are available on the rubberband videos featuring Dan Harlan (Hi Dan!) from L&L and available from your favorite magic dealer.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Cameron89
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Cameron89
I'm definitly a fan of sinfull and prly my newest impromtu effect would be Stigmata. gotta love wayne.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » True impromptu effects (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL