The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Four Coin Roll Down Flourish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
For those of you who have never learned the "Four Coin Roll Down" flourish, I just put a step by step teaching of it with pictures highlighting all the key finger positions in the "foundations" section of http://www.coinvanish.com

Enjoy.

Dan
Click to visit:
johne
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of johne
Thanks for the update, Dan. I commend you on the photography and detailed explanation of the sleights. The pictures, being on the black background, are easily followed. Man, you have some ugly hands though.

Just kidding Smile
NachoNut
View Profile
New user
Queens, New York
17 Posts

Profile of NachoNut
I have got to say, you keep your page in great shape. Thanks for putting the details of that. It's a great practice to have and understand. Yhanks again.
bigchuck
View Profile
Veteran user
Nothing clever has ever been said in my
400 Posts

Profile of bigchuck
Dan, thanks for taking the time & making such detailed info available. A couple months ago I was trying to visualize this move from Bobo's and after a few days of futile attempts (and LOTs of coin drops):kidding: I put this move on the backburner. Now it looks like I'm going to have to bust out those four half dollars again.
Smile
"The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact
mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows. - Frank Zappa"
Alex W.
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of Alex W.
That's great! Thank you Dan!

Hey, you haven't put any videos up on your site lately! Why don't you put a video up of yourself performing the flourish? (Mainly just to prove it's possible... Smile )
johne
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of johne
Oh, it's possible, just a heartbreak to learn. I learned the sleight first with quarters, since I was accustomed to handling them for a different sleight which required three to be held in the same manner.

John Eddington
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2002-12-03 10:32, dancin_carrot wrote:
Hey, you haven't put any videos up on your site lately! Why don't you put a video up of yourself performing the flourish? (Mainly just to prove it's possible... Smile )

Ok Carrot... just for you:

Roll Down Clip
Click to visit:
Alex W.
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of Alex W.
Smile How long did it take you to learn that?
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I could physcially do it the day I decided to learn it, though I dropped the coins more than rolling them down. And I was not fast.

It took me about a week to get pretty good at it and to do it fast.

It is still not something I am perfect at. I still drop the coins or miss the little finger's coin.

It's one of those things that just takes practice to get proficient at. I don't honestly practice it that much. It's just one of those things I mess around with in front of the TV or something.
Click to visit:
Alex W.
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of Alex W.
Cool, thank you.
Chris S
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of Chris S
The darn thing of it all is that the rolldown is impressive, but I have never found a person (lay) who has been that impressed by it. A raised eyebrow and maybe the odd, "Yhat's cool." Put it up against the common coin roll and steeplechase and it really doesn't measure up. The coin roll is shameful in the massive response it generates when compared with the time it takes to get reasonably proficient at it. Still, it is one more flourish for coins to compare with the 10 million or so that cards have, so viva la rolldown!
May your moral compass guide you true - South West is where the honourable man fare. Pity those who lose their way...
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Chris, you're right. I have in the past said to someone, "Want to see something pretty cool?" and I do the roll down and they sit there expecting me to continue doing something.

It's just a real quick thing and it looks easy if done right. People don't appreciate the difficulty unless they try it.
Click to visit:
Lucas Walker
View Profile
Regular user
Missouri
125 Posts

Profile of Lucas Walker
What if you performed a spellbound on each of the 4 coins held between your fingers? Smile. Once upon a time I actually had an idea for a coin roll down as part of a Misers dream routine. From the stage, something that looks like a single coin would become 4 in a split second.
ActuariaLug
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of ActuariaLug
Are there routines that produce 3 coins and then use the flourish to reveal the 4th?
johne
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of johne
On one of Ross Bertrams tapes, he does a roll down flourish...he transfers them to his opposite hand (if I'm remembering correctly) then he allows one at a time to drop from the display hand, revealing a second coin behind every one. He gathers those new 4 up, and does the roll down again, so he ends with 4 coins displayed in each hand.

John Eddington
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Four Coin Roll Down Flourish (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL