The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Best Chalet Illusions (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Beaudini Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
259 Posts

Profile of Beaudini Magic
Hello,

I was just thinking about the illusions Chalet manufactured. In the advent of Chalet/George Kimmery discontinuing the production of most large illusions, what were/are your favorites.

My top 3 illusions are...
1.Crystal Casket (most recent design)- simply the most deceptive base I have seen.
2.Zig-Zag- My first illusion, and still my favorite, I has held up like no other!
3.Blammo Box

So which illusions have you performed, liked the design, or the way they were made? Chalet has made some really nice stuff, so lets hear what you all have to say.

P.S. I also love all of Chalet's dove effects, and own most of them, as well as the wiz-kote.

Sincerely,

Beau Alexander
-Beau Alexander
"Make the Path, Others will Follow"
afun14u
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
249 Posts

Profile of afun14u
Anything George has built is awsome! If I were to pick a fav it would be the Wonder Window. I also like the Mini Q Zag...Copies just can't touch the original! I have and have had many of Chalet's props and I have NEVER been let down. Shipping may have been a bit off, but the props were worth the wait.

Robert
Empowering Kingdom Growth through Evangelistic Entertainment!
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
I too love my Chalet Zig-Zag. His substitution trunk is the standard by which all other packing-crate style sub trunks are measured! And, although I never owned one of the more recent versions of his Crystal Box, I would have loved to own one. (I owned one of his earlier version and always enjoyed performing it. It always got a great reaction!)

Michael
Beaudini Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
259 Posts

Thank You Robert and Michael,

So what do the rest of you who have owned/worked with/seen Chalet's illusions like the best. Unfortunately, when I was younger I didn't even have money for their illusions, but now that I am older I can really appreciate the illusions George made. What other classic illusions was Chalet know for making well. I may have to try and hunt down some.

Sincerely,

Beau Alexander
-Beau Alexander
sileeni
View Profile
Veteran user
UK.
361 Posts

Profile of sileeni
I have a Chalet Magic Duck Bucket. Awsome....
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
His sub trunk is fantastic.
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
I have worked with the following Chalet props:
Asrah, Blammo, Sub Trunk and smaller props such as tables, Retriever Chest and Duck Bucket. Never a disappointing moment performing or transporting them! The only disappointment was finding out from George that he will no longer be producing large illusions.
donsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of donsmagic
I've owned the following Chalet illusions: Mini-Kub, Jam, and Stage Mental Epic. As was stated above, his quality is incredible! I currently have him building a new Mini Kub for me and the wait is long ( about 9 months and counting) but it will be worth the wait.
dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
I'll never sell my Chalet Subtrunk. The best !!
Brent W
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
123 Posts

Profile of Brent W
I have owned many of George's props, including the wonder window, stack of boxes, cube zag, crystal casket, Dekolta chair and the platform, and I loved each and every one. The first illusion I bought from Chalet was the Ralph Adams sword basket, and I performed it twice a night, 7 days a week, 42 weeks a year, for over SEVEN years in the circus, it was a powerhouse effect. George came out to the show a few times when we were in his area, really a down to earth, nice guy.
boppies2
View Profile
Elite user
Arizona
422 Posts

Profile of boppies2
I am waiting (eight months) for my WizKote. I know the wait will be worth it. Maybe this month.
omk
View Profile
Regular user
Florida's Space Coast
108 Posts

Profile of omk
I never have owned one of George's illusions. However those of you that have owned or used his Zig-Zag might be thankful to my wife Bonnie for helping George properly size it.

On a trip thru Tennessee many years ago, being good friends of George, we stopped and paid him a surprise visit at his workshop. We caught him in the process of designing the Zig-Zag and while showing us the prototype he was building asked my wife to get in to help him size it which she did.

His quality was well apparent way back then and has never changed over these many years. That he will no longer be building the large illusions certainly is a loss to Magic.

Dave
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
I have a Blammo, Crystal Casket and a Dove Tray. Anything George built was of the up most quality. It is too bad he is no longer building illusions. However I am sure his new line will be just as good.
Beaudini Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
259 Posts

Thanks so much for all of your responses. I really love everything that I have owned and seen from Chalet. What do you think it was that made his illusions so great? For me, it was his sharp designs, for the price, I just couldn't do any better. Thanks again, and anyone else who has some Chalet stuff, feel free to tell us about it.

Sincerely,

Beau Alexander
-Beau Alexander
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Just got my new sub trunk...beautiful! I haven't inspected other similar trunks on the market but I can totally see why Chalet is the standard to judge them by. George did a perfect job on it, can't wait to perform.
Chris Murphy
View Profile
New user
Brisbane, Australia
64 Posts

Profile of Chris Murphy
Quote:
On 2006-04-07 18:32, Beaudini Magic wrote:
What do you think it was that made his illusions so great?

I've not seen a lot of Chalet things, probably only half a dozen or so large and small, but the thing that struck me about them was the efficiency with which they were built. Really neat workmanship, great finishes and very efficient, effective and consistent building techniques.

Chris.
Chris Murphy
www.sliceofmagic.com
Beaudini Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
259 Posts

Thanks Chris,

I think you hit the nail on the head. Just great workmanship plain and simple. FYI, I just viewed your website for the first time in a while, and I really love some of your ideas, the stuff looks great.

Sincerely,

Beau Alexander
-Beau Alexander
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
The prize goes to the Sub Trunk - having worked with one in 1979. Always kicked myself for not buying one then, but, I thought that too many people were performing the effect.
My dove in balloons look so good for being nearly 30 years old, I can imagine how well other Chalet props hold up.
As for George not building some large scale illusions, don't kid yourself, for the right money and patience... most illusion builders will make anything if you've secured the rights.
POOF!
Chris Murphy
View Profile
New user
Brisbane, Australia
64 Posts

Profile of Chris Murphy
Quote:
On 2006-04-08 08:54, Beaudini Magic wrote:
Thanks Chris,

I think you hit the nail on the head. Just great workmanship plain and simple. FYI, I just viewed your website for the first time in a while, and I really love some of your ideas, the stuff looks great.

Sincerely,

Beau Alexander

Thanks Beau, that's really appreciated. The site needed an update for ages but it took me breaking my foot to make it happen!!!

Chris.
Chris Murphy
www.sliceofmagic.com
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Have to admit Chris is a cool guy....for an Australian.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Best Chalet Illusions (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL