The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » My Best by J.G. Thompson (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
The original is waaaaay better.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2017, magicfish wrote:

By original, do you mean hard copy, first edition, reprint edition? And how is it better other than hard copies are better than eBooks?
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Not sure what a hard copy is.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Hard copies - proper books - are always better than ebooks because they hold their value. I have several which are now worth considerably more than what I paid for them.

Barry
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Quote:

Does the first edition contain different material? I love this book and would be curious to read that.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
Not sure what a hard copy is.

Hard copy is an actual, physical book. What do you mean by "original"?
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
So glad I bought a copy of this from lybrary.com !!! I've bought about 10 new books since my recent return to magic that I haven't had a chance to explore them all systematically. But I have been showing my better half a daily card trick and in looking for several new ones picked up "My Best" and discovered HERE'S YOUR CARD by HERB RUNGIE.

Really baffled my wife! And it's so easy !

She's all over the place trying to figure it out. She knows I'm learning a lot of new sleights and in desperation she says I must have palmed her card. I reminded her there was no way I could palm her card as I had no idea of the location of the card that she merely *thought of* lol ! She says, "oooooohhhh that's right !! How did you do it ????"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » My Best by J.G. Thompson (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL