The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Pendulum (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MANDRAGORE
View Profile
New user
N.Ireland
72 Posts

Profile of MANDRAGORE
Hi there, I would like to know if anybody knows tricks done with a pendulum which is held by the spectator and not by the performer?

I know Corinda has some, but it is the performer who held it.

thank you

ben Smile
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1234 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Marc Salem has an effect in which the spectator holds a rod about a foot long from which dangles five different coloured pendulums on five different lengths of chain.

The spec is invited to hold the rod still and concentrate on a given colour – the selected pendulum then starts to swing… when they change their mind and concentrate on a different colour, the original one stops and the next one starts swinging – neat effect!

It was filmed for his up and coming TV special, so hopefully it will be included.
Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
Hi Mandragor: Get Richard Webster's book Pendulum Power (There is also a video). You will find some stong things there. You will probably have to go to a used book store or try Mark Strivings at

markyapril@aol.com.

I think pendulum work is very stong, particularly in the hands of an audience participant. I carry one on me all the time. I cannot go into more here, but I hope what I have given you helps.

For those who believe, no explanation is needed. For those who do not believe, no explanation is possible. -Dunninger
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
amagician
View Profile
Regular user
Hobart Tasmania Australia
160 Posts

Profile of amagician
Another source for Richard Webster material is floraco.com - Brian and Jan probably have other relevant material.

Richard Webster has his own site;

http://www.psychic.co.nz/

This must be some sort of record, a dealer recommending two other dealers Smile

but I simply don't have the relevant material at the moment except in my personal library.
Have a Magic day
John Williams
http://www.ezymagic.com/
more tricks than you can shake a wand at
subscribe to our free ezine on site
vovin
View Profile
Veteran user
Columbus,Oh
338 Posts

Profile of vovin
There is an old gypsie trick that uses a pendulum to write out a prediction. Maybe that would be interesting. They place some sort of magnet thing, and on a board is letters, and the pendulum swings from letter to letter spelling out a prediction. Haven’t seen it sold anywhere though.
MANDRAGORE
View Profile
New user
N.Ireland
72 Posts

Profile of MANDRAGORE
thank you guys for your help.

ben

Smile
JaymesR
View Profile
New user
Minnesota
53 Posts

Profile of JaymesR
I have done a Pendilum trick where the spectator holds the pendilum and they are asked yes/no questions and the pendilum will either swing in a circle or a line dependant on the answer, when the spectator thinks the answer, not says it. (my pendilum was a cats-eye on a thread) I seem to remember that it works for male/female questions too. I don’t know how it works, I just know that when I’ve done it, it does.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1876 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
The pendulim effect in 13 Steps was something I passed over at first and upon re-reading it recently, realized what a gem it is.

While not completely pertaining to this thread ie. spec holds pend., take a look at the effect again. It’s virtually impromptu, and very, very eerie.
asmayly
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
297 Posts

Profile of asmayly
Where in 13 steps is this pendulum effect?

Thanks.

AA
Ken
View Profile
Regular user
Belfast
112 Posts

Profile of Ken
Asmayly there is one in Step Six (page 187)

by Dr. Jaks "The Crystal Locket"

Thats the only one I can remember!

Best wishes

Ken
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Alan Strydom,

Has a thing in his new manuscript Creating Imapact.
I know this is a bit late but I finaly got to this side of the old posts.

J ack

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
It was only 5 years late. No biggie.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
It is all relative.
J ack

Creator of G.O.D.

Comming soon Tea with Alice and Jack
RSVP.
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
M@gic Man
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
121 Posts

Profile of M@gic Man
'psychophysological thought reading' by banachek.....extremely good, there is a whole chapter on the pendulum, amoung other things.
Its not what you do, but how you do it.
aawb122pm
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of aawb122pm
Where is the strydom manuscript available from ?
psi-co
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
134 Posts

Profile of psi-co
Hi. I'm the "Strydom manuscript" you're asking about (Thanx for the plug Jim).

Creating Impact is my second installment of Intimate Mentalism. It's a 3 phase routine used with business cards and can be done nearly impromptu. The first phase has two parts that uses a pendulum, although doesn't have to (that's why I say nearly impromptu). The participant first tries to lie to you, and then she tries to lie to herself.

The second and third phases build on the theme from the first phase resulting in an extremely strong effect on your audience. The theme is a metaphysical one and deals with your thoughts creating your reality.

There is some controversy at the moment because some people don't think this should have been released. This isn't hype. Creating Impact uses conversational hypnosis and leads the participant into feeling certain things. The premise of creating your reality with your thoughts is "proven". Although you use trickery to prove it your audience won't think of it as trickery. (I call the process non-performance and I discuss it a little in the manuscript.) The problem with this of course is that you are in fact manipulating the participants thought processes, and giving a tangible experience in the end.

I think it's an important release though, as it shows what can be done in the field of mentalism with all the tools we have at our disposal. I'm pretty much an unknown here at the Café (although as you will see I do post from time to time), but you'll find me very active on another board when time permits.

My first book The Simple ESP Card Reading System was an in-depth look at a reading system using ESP cards and intuition. A pendulum was also used in there by the sitter.

You can read reviews by Richard Osterlind, Chet Cox and others (and the ad copy) here: Creating Impact!
You'll find the ESP card system here: The Simple ESP Card Reading System

Any more questions please PM me. Thanx.

-Alan
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Pendulum Power by Richard Webster

The Magic Pendulum by George Anderson

Some of my effects you can find in Upsilon (Pendulumix)

Some effects you can find in Bascom Jones' Magick

Some good adaptable effects in John Fisher's Body Language
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Sleeveless
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Sleeveless
Here's a great pendulum trick I do from time to time. Get your In****** Deck out of your magic drawer. Stick a Post-it note on the back of the box. Draw a circle with a line running through it on the Post-it. Explain that the pendulum will move back and forth along the line to indicate a 'no' answer and moves in a circle to indicate a 'yes' answer. You can demonstrate this easily enough. Give the pendulum to someone and have it held over the deck and Post-it note. Tell them you reversed a card in the deck. Ask the pendulum if the card is red. A circular movement would indicate yes, a back and forth movement would be a no. Continue in this manner (is it a heart? diamond? face card? spot card?) until the suit and value of the card is revealed. Open the card box and remove the deck showing that the divined card is in fact reversed in the deck! I hope you have fun with this. I like effects where people read my mind.
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Hey Sleeveless - that was a beautifully responsive post!

Welcome to the Forum - you'll no doubt prove to be a terrific contributor here.

Pleased to read your routine - it's very direct and must make a great impact on your participant. I'm tempted to make up a Tarot Deck (reduced in size by eliminating some minor arcana cards) with Aldini's for a cool "reading."

All the Best,
Arnon
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Sleveless,
Thanks for sharing. A very nice idea, indeed!
Nicholas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Pendulum (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.4 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL