The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Cut and Restored Streamer Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
I'm researching an improvement of method for a friend who does a cut and restored effect with a long silk streamer, unrolled from a turban.
In a McB Master Class it was suggested to research a method used by David P. Abbot- anyone know this? I don't have the Todd Karr book, alas, it may be in there...?
Many thanks in advance...
John Tudor
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
John,
Most cut and restored silks (turbans) mirror rope magic. Check out Tabary's material, his methods are marvelous.

Cheers,
Kregg
POOF!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7366 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Check Tarbell..Cut and Restored Turban.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
In the book "House of Mystery" by Teller and Todd Karr (2005), there is a section on The Indian Turban Mystery. You can check out the contents on this site: http://www.miraclefactory.org/Abbott.htm
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Spellbinder, thanks, upon checking it out the method in the Abbott book is the same one my friend is already using!
And Richard, it turns out there are 2 Cut & Restored Turbans in Tarbell Vols. 5 & 6 respectively.
Thanks!
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20496 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
It's so nice to be surrounded by people who can read! They are very resourceful. We need you in Alabama!

Our schools are waiting for the government to make a video about it. I hope they show it on MTV. (Of course, they'll have to do it over and over between welfare checks.)
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Bob,
I guess living in Alabama you are surrounded... at least on three sides, unless you count the fish.
Welcome back.

Your Friend,
Kregg
POOF!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Cut and Restored Streamer Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL