The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Kevin James: Snow Animator 2/3 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I know a number of you have experience with Kevin Jame's Snow Animator and I was hoping you could advise me as to performance limitations. I've always seen this performed as a stage routine but could this be done in a smaller venue? Is it possible to perform outdoors understanding that wind can be an issue? Is there a difference in performance between Snow Animator 2 vs. 3?

Any input you have is apprecited.

Thanks,
Dan.
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
Hi Dan,
I have used and own all of these, so I might be able to help you out. With the SA 1 & 2 they are basically the same except for the power of the b****r and the look. You will get more lift with the SA 2 than with 1 and it is a bit quieter. You have the same limitations as far as where the audience view the seats, it is best to have them a little lower than the top of the seat. With the SA 3, you don't have that problem and the b****r is much stronger and quieter, but it looks like a box. If you can work that look into your routine and it fits your style then it is great. You can use any of them in smaller venues you just need to be aware of your limitaions due to distance from the audience, height of the audience, and the level of your music needs to be at a certain level to be able to disguise any noise issue. Over all they are all great products, but you need to choose the one that will best fit your performance style and venues. If I were you I would contact Kevin in Vegas, he is very nice and generous with his knowledge. He is away in Greece until the end of April, but I would send him an email and he will get back to you. info@kjmagic.com
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Wait until FISM - apparently Snow Animator 4 will be available...
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

That sounds great. I appreciate your experience and insights. I am in no rush as I am developing a whole new concept for a show. I definitely want to build as much practice and "get it right" time before rolling out the concept. I saw Kevin perform this in LV during the WMS and I agree with the poetry and overall sensation this effect creates. I believe Kevin's unit was built directly into the stage. I am anxious to see what SA4 entails.

Thank you very much!
Dan.
Jared Sherlock
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
245 Posts

Profile of Jared Sherlock
Does anyone know about the innovations that are being made for the 4th one?

Jared
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Dear Jared,

The new version is not build in a stool or a box but this is all I can say at the moment since this is suposed to be a secret till FISM Smile
Jared Sherlock
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
245 Posts

Profile of Jared Sherlock
Well I am a proud owner of the III one so this will be interesting.

Jared
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Quote:
On 2006-04-12 17:35, el rafael wrote:
Dear Jared,

The new version is not build in a stool or a box but this is all I can say at the moment since this is suposed to be a secret till FISM Smile

Whoops! Is it Rafael? Sorry! I have been speaking with Kevin about this for more than a year!
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Hi Lee Alex,

Yes, it's me (Rafael)
You are correct that Kevin is working on this for quite some time...
If all goes well, Kevin will be releasing some other cool stuff at Fism - can't wait !
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Quote:
On 2006-04-13 06:45, el rafael wrote:
Hi Lee Alex,

Yes, it's me (Rafael)
You are correct that Kevin is working on this for quite some time...
If all goes well, Kevin will be releasing some other cool stuff at Fism - can't wait !

Rafael!

Your post made me chuckle - I wasn't actually asking if it was you, but I was asking if the project was secret! I guess I should have placed a comma after your name!

On a personal note did you make it to Master Class in Amsterdam this year?

I wonder what else Kevin has up his sleeve for FISM? Sounds extremely exciting!
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Does anyone use this outdoors?

Dan.
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
I have used it outdoors but the obvious problem is wind. If it blows during your performance it can make your performance do the same...lol. But I have used all of the methods inside and out, you just need to be aware of the gusts.
www.underworldent.com
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Cool. Thanks.
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1467 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
Hey JS...funny!

I've seen quite a few snow routines that blow.

s
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
Hey buddy, long time since we spoke...I knew someone would see the joke in what I said and I am glad it was you. And yes, we have seen several that blew...lol
www.underworldent.com
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
Kozak uses an SA 2 (I think) in the performances shown on his new DVD. He starts the snow using other means and then uses the SA to push it to a crescendo.

Curt
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1939 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
I have the SA1. I am satisfied with this, litlle noisy, but who care, as long as we do it on stage. The size is big, I think will be better if that can be made in knock down.
What is SA4, this make me curious....should be very good ha? How much is it?? ;o)

Cheers,
CC
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
SA 4 is built into a napkin holder and is very deceptive. Cool stuff!
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

This sounds way cool. Are there any details on the internet yet?

Thanks,
Dan.
sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
I'm not sure if MDS is kidding or not about the SA 4 in a napkin holder... But I think it would be cool, if the SA could be worn on the body.

I was going to comment on what I feel a limitation of doing a snow routine in general is....but decided to start a new thread as it is a bit off topic...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......=7&0

scott
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Kevin James: Snow Animator 2/3 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL