The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » J B Bobo in action (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of boydy
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
That was great. Thanks for the link.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1156 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Any idea what date that is?
Really great to watch but I'm sure we're all struck by how simple the methods are. He doesn't even do one of the ditches very fluidly. I guess the bar is being raised all the time.
Jolyon Jenkins
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of boydy
No idea but good to watch
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Rjenkins,

I'm sorry you didn't like what you saw. I really enjoyed his demonstration of some of the harder to follow vanishes from the book, especially seeing The Bobo Vanish in action.

Too bad they didn't show the bonus vanish after the explanation that followed the clip you just saw. I use that vanish with jumbo coins all the time.

The entire video is terrific. Some of my favorites are David Acers Money talks routine, John Carney's Logical Bill routine, Eugene Burger's excellent coins thru table routine, the late Don Alan's presentation for the cigarette thru quarter, and the performance segment of Gary Kurtz' Full Frontal Assault.

I also picked up a couple of cool ideas from a vanish the late Jay Marshall put on the video.

Well worth owning......
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8725 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey Eric, I agree, that was just wonderful. I watched it over and over again, and Bobo's moves, even at his advanced age then, were still really good. Every vanish was amazing, and it was great to see him do his namesake, "The Bobo Vanish." Boy, that thing is beautiful when you get down like that. His misdirection was sharp and he was totally in control. He could've backed an elephant up in that room and that guy wouldn't have seen it...Smile I really enjoyed the 3rd Vanish, really nice moves there. It's great to see this guy in person, just a wonderful clip of a an amazing man. Thanks boydy for posting this. Smile -MB
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
Marion,

If you liked what you saw, do yourself a favor and pick up the DVD. Like Eric said, it's got all kinds of great WORKABLE coin and bill magic on it, and should be part of every serious coin worker's collection.

- Rob
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Man this place IS brutal. Even Bobo himself gets called out for choppy ditches and simple methods. LOL.

Classic.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
If I'm that smooth when I'm that age I'll be dancing. In fact, if I'm still alive when I'm that age I'll be happy.

Like the wise man said, never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in their shoes because by then you have a mile headstart and they're running barefoot (You've got their shoes).
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1156 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Godhandz - I liked it a lot (as I said) but the truth is there are plenty of people here who can do the moves better. And better moves. "Good for his age" is a kind of back-handed compliment!
Jolyon Jenkins
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Rjenkins,

My apologies if I misinterpreted your earlier post. It seemed as if you were saying the video was cool, you just thought other magicians could perform what was demonstrated better. My post simply was saying that I thought it was cool to see an actual video record of the moves performed by their originator, since he can't perform them for us now.
<BR>
Magicpitch
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Magicpitch
I've had this video for years and agree, it's incredible and worth every penny just to see Bobo perform. I have a feeling that if you were sitting in the chair in front of him, you wouldn't think the moves are very transparent. He smoked the guy for sure (along with me, especially on the sucker vanish).

If you like this one, pick up Volume 23 with his dice stuff on it as well. Same coin stuff, plus some, and it also has him doing his entire kids show. First and foremost, Bobo was a masterful children's entertainer with over 13,000 shows under his belt. That part is filmed in front of about 50-75 3rd and 4th graders. The other items on it are :

Bobo with Dice (includes his revolutionary color changing dice routine)
Chinese Money
Tenkai Pennies
Coin Vanishes (including sleeving, pocketing, and other methods)
Traveling Quarters

Great bit of history and if you're into coin magic. I believe everything on the video this clip is from, is on the one I mentioned. So, if you want all Bobo, I think you might be able to get just this one. I'll have to double check that, but I think it's correct.
Trying to do the right thing, one customer at a time!
http://www.magicpitch.com/
We weed out the junk so you don't have to!
Visit our Blog at http://magicpitch.blogspot.com/
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
I've got to say; that was a very childish remark. Where is the respect for the man who literally "wrote the book" on coin magic. I thought he was flawless. Who else in coin magic has had 1/10 the impact that Bobo has?

Ben S
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
Jonathan Kelly
View Profile
Regular user
Waterford, Ireland
156 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Kelly
That was amazing. Plus I can finally do the Bobo Vanish after seeing it in action one time. I was having trouble pulling this off. It's funny how watching the master do it once can make all the pieces fall into place!

I thought he was great. Even though I know the method to these vanishes they still got me first time! Great stuff.
"But where did the lighter fluid come from?"
Vaderbreath
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Vaderbreath
What a great treat! I've never seen Bobo before and he was great! Thanks for sharing this with all of us.

-Corey
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Go buy the video!!!!!
<BR>
cardone
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of cardone
Thanks for the post .... Nice coin work .... Classic !
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1426 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
There is another DVD on Bobo

http://www.magicshop.co.uk/DVDS.22/Bobo_......655.html

Hope this helps

Best wishes and good luck with your magic!
Dominic Reyes
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
Bobo looked great. I might have to buy this video now.

Mike
Magic is fun!!!
Noel D
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Noel D
Bobo's is good, but a bit too cryptic for me. I'm sure there's ton of great and wonderful techniques there, but for the most part, it is very hard (for me) to learn form such an old text.

I remember when I first got the book, I read the sucker vanish and concluded you had to be a sucker to fall for it. It seemed way too transparent and I didn't think it would fool a fly.

I just saw the video and I was fooled by that vanish! It turns out I had completely misinterpreted the vanish in the book. After seeing the video and following along wiht the text, I finally understood it and now this is one of my favorite vanishes!

I wonder if there's ever gogin to be a bobo's companion DVD like they just did with royal road? I would definitely buy it in a hurry.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » J B Bobo in action (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL