The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Anyone have/used a Tony Clark giant card fan production? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

biff_g
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
240 Posts

Profile of biff_g
Do you like it? I don't really know anything about it and I have never seen it in action, but it sounds like it might be something I'd like to add to my manipulation act. Any opinions are greatly appreciated!
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Yes, I own one and I do like it. It is made very well and can be produced in various ways and fashions.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
GrahamFishman
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of GrahamFishman
Nice prop but you can make em for half the price

graham fishman
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
To this day I can't find that clip of Tony using in performance. He finishes the rapid fire production of two of them with a dove sitting atop one of the fans.

I use two in my act but have modified them so that they are produced as one large Jumbo Circle Fan of cards. In the past I used to produce them separately then, as you would two ordinary poker sized fans, combined them to form a Card Wheel. Well I combined the Tony Clark fans to be produced in the same manner.

I recently purchased another and found the card stock to be the same as my first couple of sets but this time the EXTERIOR PART WAS NOT covered in the same thick hard paper stock and felt like material. But that's only something I can notice and the effect was not compromised.

You may feel it can be made for half as someone here suggested. Actually it might be made for even less. However, after trying to do so myself, I found paying Tony Clark for a finished product is far more practicle and they last! Mine were, well wore out much faster. Actually my Tony Clark sets have never worn out or become unserviceable.

This is an item that needs good handling by YOU the performer.

Although it is currently sold with an accompanying video, I'm glad stuff like this never gets to the 'Review' section of this and similar boards. Most are in there over the hype on some new gadget effect. If this and similar tools were in there, the members would be crying and whining that the $95.00 price tag didn't come with a promise to walk them through and hold their unskilled delicate itsy bitsy little hands.

Despite it's simplicity in design and construction, it's for Pro's who've made up their mind to fit it into their act with all the hard work that comes with it.

Remember, like any other card miracle, without talent present in the performer, this effect is also just a pile of paper - literally.

I give 'em 5 out 5 stars.
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
If you have a good eye, you will see it in the first 30 seconds or so of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw6trS9O6......%20Clark

Enjoy

Derek Merdinyan
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Thanks Derek as that's it. There is another that he uses as an opener with a single poker sized card which turns into a flame in hand and leading to the production of these card fans.
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
I have one of Tony's Jumbo card fan productions and always got great reactions from it. It catches people "off-guard" when a huge fan is produced. I highly agree with the previous statement though, it is not something for someone who "Wants to do a trick". It is definetly for someone who is willing to put in the time and practice to accomplish it correctly. I have since removed it from my act, only because I changed it (my act), but the fan is still in my collection. The clip got a little worn on mine and wouldn't stay on, and when I would take a couple of steps, it would fall off, but oh well....still a nice production.
almazer
View Profile
New user
Athens,Greece
66 Posts

Profile of almazer
Hi, for somebody who is not keen with card manipulations, is it easy to perform or its needed a lot of practice? I wonder cause I wanted to buy this!
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Almazer, it's a production item. Essentially like most production items, it folds small compared to it's produced size and is hidden from view until needed. Tony Clark has several production tips/ideas on his video. I actually don't use any of his ideas as none suited my style or needs but that's all part of the creative process. I think they are great. You can either buy them direct from his site (he advertises here at the Café), Hank Lee, or a popular online magic auction site which I can't mention here as it violates posting rules.

These things have gone up in price though. A couple of years ago I bought just one to test it out and paid Hank Lee $75 including shipping. I think they are now $90+S/H. and still worth every dime.

Quote:
On 2006-04-13 23:04, 1906Alpha1906 wrote:
I changed it (my act), but the fan is still in my collection. The clip got a little worn on mine and wouldn't stay on, and when I would take a couple of steps, it would fall off, but oh well....still a nice production.

Hahahaha! You weren't the only one Alpha. Whats up with those clips? They DO NOT work. Not one has ever been of any service to me. And since the clips are formed in such a manner that they can no longer be pressed or tightened, they are useless. That wasn't a problem for me though. It was the card fan I was after and I use a variety of clips purchased from an office supply co. I actually don't even use a clip anymore. That's what the pant waistline is for *wink*

I'm glad he offers them as I've made my own and was never happy with the unreliable quality of those I made.
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
How do these compare to Jeff McBride's Jumbo card production?
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
I use and very much like the McBride Jumbo Finale as well. Jeff McBride's set is a transformation from a poker sized card fan to a Jumbo fan in each hand. The T.Clark sets are only for the production of a card fan. The Clark sets are bigger than the standard Jumbo cards sold. I don't have a set here in front of me now but they are about a foot long.

I read in another post that a member had made his own similar to McBride's Jumbo Card Finale. I can't imagine bothering with such a complex product as the asking price for McBride's fans is minimal compared to effort and cost of making your own.

Believe me, his sets are very well made and a visual surprise to the audience. His asking price is more than fair. I had to repair one of them with little effort and it's a product that can be maintained for years of good use.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have for sale on the Café Tony's Giant Card Fan Production here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30

This is an excellent production item of a large jumbo fan.
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Thanks for clearing that up Randy!
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
almazer
View Profile
New user
Athens,Greece
66 Posts

Profile of almazer
Thanks Randy,cool advices, I think i`m going to buy one next week from Tony`s website.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Anyone have/used a Tony Clark giant card fan production? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL