The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Wonder Words (or something like it) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Waldo
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Waldo
I've recently begun to study cold reading after having a major break through and naturally learned to do non-contact muscle reading and interpret body language. Right now my intuition is very sharp, and it really suprised me to learn that virtually all the material on cold reading endorses the use of intuition. I'm at the point right now where mentalism is helping me to understand what I am doing, but I still feel that my intuition is a real psychic ability and I've been having a whole lot of fun showing off as a cold reader.

I've been listening to Richard Websters audio CDs, and picked up everything Kenton Knepper puts out on cold reading. Kenton is a genius and explains everything you could want to know about the subject, but you really need to get some of his other material to understand it all. His Wonder Words series is absolutely fantastic and totally relavent to Wonder Readings and Completely Cold.

Wonder Words covers the subtle use of psychology to manipulate people and create the illusion of magic through suggestion. Since I've been studing wonder words I've begun to feel like I really can control my imediate suroundings with psychokinesis, but I don't want to get into the details. One of the illusions on his CDs taught me how to make clouds disapear out of the sky, which is something I've always believed psychics could do. Other effects are more believable, like making a shiver run down someones spine.

I've been looking for other material that explains how to cast spells without using any trickery. Banachek recommended reading Luke Jermays books, and they are very much like Wonder Words. Luke Jermay combines sleight of hand with suggestion to create impossible effects that could never possibly work without propper misderection and presentation. Banacheks books are also great, but don't cover the use of suggestion to weave spells.

Can anyone recommend any books similar to wonder words in this way? I am primarily interested in reading books written by magicians to try and understand what I already do. I've found that when you cast spells that are vauge enough with the right presentation, and give them enough time to come true they usually do. Couple this with a good measure of intuition and perhaps a natural knack for 'working it', and you can get really amazing things to happen. I'll have to tell you some of my storys. Smile
styles
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
70 Posts

Profile of styles
If you like the material in Wonder Words you will like Kenton's work on Wonder Readings. It is a course/system to improve cold readings... well worth the time investment.

http://www.wonderwizards.com/item.php?id=15

Scott
Scott
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Waldo
I'm sure you've been around here a while...so here's the biggest secret I have to offer you. Get the book The Zingara Fortune Teller. It has real spells that really work! I have a copy that is over 100 years old. I love it!

PROFESSOR ZINGARA.........ala...Slim King
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Waldo
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Waldo
That's not really what I'm looking for, but thanks. Couldn't anyone advise me to a book that's written by magicians? Wonder Readings is a fine course, but Kenton Knepper shouldn't be the only author who writes about the subject, and I already have the $200 book.
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
I'am not really a big fan of Kenton's work but I like his book Mind Reading. It's not really for beginners but has a lot of useful infomation that can be applied in the real world.

I would leave the spellcasting to the real witches. Or find out how they do it.
Self concept is destiny..
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Spell Casting!!! Jump right in. You've seen too many movies. It's all good!
And..Yes Waldo, It IS what you're looking for. I have no doubt!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Waldo
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Waldo
Why do you say it is what I'm looking for?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
My Intuition tells me!
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Waldo,
It sounds like you already know a lot more about spells via Kenton's material, etc. than you realize you know. I think his stuff is among the best short of going through a raft of formal hypnosis or NLP readings / training. In my opinion, one of the most important things Kenton had to say in Kentonism was, in effect...reality is whatever you say it is. Now, that really sounds like spell-making to me. Just thought I would throw that in until your copy of The Zingara Fortune Teller arrives.
Slim King,
What a great price on The Zingara Fortune Teller at Amazon!!!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Ebay had one for $3 the other day. Of course, these are paperback versions and not the Real Deal like I've got. The problem with owning the original is....I sneeze every time I open the book...Some whackey spell that is!
Professor Zingara
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Wonder Words (or something like it) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL