The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Very Cool Little Cases (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DanielCoyne
View Profile
Special user
Western Massachussetts
544 Posts

Profile of DanielCoyne
I saw some really sharp little cases from $12.99 - $27.99 at Wal-Mart tonight that looked perfect for carrying a table-hopping array of props.

The brand is Vaultz and you can check out a range of their products at: http://www.Vaultz.net

My favorites are:

The pencil box:
http://www.ideastreamproducts.com/vaultz/Pencil.html

The media binders:
http://www.ideastreamproducts.com/vaultz/Binder.html

The ones I saw in Walmart came in three sizes. One was probably too small to do much good. The next size was made to hold two stacks of DVDs, and the link below is the biggest size. Both of the larger sizes could double as a surface for close-up tricks.

I didn't get one (choked) but will probably go back. You'll want to rip out the CD sleeves, but there are 2 mesh pockets that are useful, and it just looks like an interesting, professional -- and dare I say magical -- looking attache.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4058118

-Daniel

Click here to view attached image.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3726 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I've been thinking about getting one of the "Vaultz" cases for my "Al Stanger Poker Machine"...just for safe keeping. Spend this kind of money on a Texas Instruments calculator, and you don't want it destroyed.

Steve
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Vaultz cases are very nice. I actually bought one 2 years ago. They are constructed very well.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Wow really strange, I just posted here and it vanished. No pun there but for real. Anyweay I have meant to look for those cases each time I go to WalMart and I forget. I am goin gto go look for them this weekend. I will be the one in the store with the post it notes all over me saying "look for the cases". Really they do look good and sturdy. I do very little close up but I have a feeling they will come in handy for me with my smaller props. Thanks for the info Daniel.

Steven
DanielCoyne
View Profile
Special user
Western Massachussetts
544 Posts

Profile of DanielCoyne
I just bought the larger case, and I think I'm going to really like it. It has a black rubber nubby exterior that actually works quite well as a close up mat. And, best of all, my new Foxy Mini cups fit in it perfectly!

Also, check out the mini camera cases that fit on your belt. Perfect for a deck of cards. The “CaseLogic” one is the slickest, but the $1 nylon one actually fits 2 decks and a packet trick.

-Daniel
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I'm using the Vaultz's security file box for my party performances - elegant, easy to carry and store right.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I am a HUGE fan of the Vaultz cases. I started with the "cash box" and found you can get all kinds of magic in it. It even has a tray to separate the smaller items.

Then they released the "pencil box" and that has become my NEW favorite. Both were found at Office Max (office supply store). The pencil boxes were a trial item last year, sold at the start of the new school season, and I have not seen them since.

According to the Vaultz customer service department, they went over so well that they are thinking of bringing them back, but only as an annual item, found during the back to school sales in the Fall.

The Vaultz brand of cases are perfect. Rugged, sturdy, easy to carry and perfect in size. They're great!
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
608 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
I Wonder if these are available in the good ole UK?
indysmagic
View Profile
New user
cherokee, tx
63 Posts

Profile of indysmagic
Has anyone attatched a base to one of these? Are the walls sturdy enough to take a flange?
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I haven't tried it, but I would not want to attach a flange to my case. I don't believe it is sturdy enough the way it is. It would be easy to reinforce the bottom of the case from the inside and it would not even be noticeable. Mine is a larger case, so a smaller one might work ok the way it is, but I don't know.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Next time I go to staples, I will be looking for them. I will get the pencle case for restaurant work, and those times when you only need a few props to bring, that would be perfect. I am also going to buy the big security box for props at home that I need to store somewhere, or those props you don't use in your act RIGHT now, but may in the future. That cash box looks like it could be goos too. If you take out the plastic insert, you could put cards, sponges, coins, all kinds of stuff. It would be like the pencil case, exept for more, bigger stuff. Or, if you kept the plastic insert in, you would be able to have little compartments for coins, cards, sponges, possibly jumbo coins, packet tricks. Man, the possibilities are endless! I might just get all three. Is there a way I can see the prices? Thanks for showing us! -Cory.
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Thanks for the link Daniel. These are perfect for smaller effects. Smile
Lee Warren
View Profile
New user
London
6 Posts

Profile of Lee Warren
A word of warning - I have learnt that cases that look new and shiny are a magnet for thieves. Very often when working, one has to leave one's case etc lying around in staff rooms, under food tables, near the band etc. I have chosen to have a very peculiar looking case made in a very particular colour with my name and 'magician' al over it. Partly because this suits my performing personality (which is rather flamboyant) but mainly because it discourages people from walking off with my case!
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Ya, that could be a problem. My solution: lock up the case, and if the theives are that desperate to find out how you did it, they will open it up, just to find pure hydrogen and a spark set off by opening the case. KAAAA BLOODY BOOOOM!!!!!!!

(Just kidding, don't try this, may result in death, and well, that's about it...)

But seriously, I would just lock it up, and put it in a safe spot.

But, if the person keeps looking at it like they want it, just politly go up, "Excude me sir, does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"

:)
oso2you
View Profile
Regular user
Oregon
128 Posts

Profile of oso2you
I found some nice small antique looking boxes at Michaels. Mine is about 8"high,12" wide and 8" deep and has a carry handle on top. Good for close up stuff and looks good too. I think mine was about $15.
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Kline
Heres another source - http://www.casesgalore.com - these are geared more toward the close up guy but they are nice to organize things - I think they are a bit cheaper that Vaultz as well.
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Steve,

Great link......

Cheers
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
608 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Anyone know if these are available in the UK?
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Magicmike221

I am sure you can import them... Have them shipped.... Smile
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
I was just at Office Max and they have some of the large Vaultz file chests for $39.99 bundled with the small pencil box cases, which are perfect for close-up.

Look for the ones marked "FREE Locking Pencil Box" (only 1 was marked that way at my local store- the rest were without the free pencil case). I found mine on an endcap (on the end of an aisle).

The ones that do not come with the free pencil case also do not have the nifty velcro straps in the lid to hold the pencil case in.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Very Cool Little Cases (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL