The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Reset (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matty Moriates
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Matty Moriates
Hey guys,

I have learned, and I am still working on, reset.. I love this trick! But my problem is I can not think of good patter to go along with this great trick. Can someone help me out here?! Thanks!!

Matty

p.s. I do not want YOUR patter, I only want some ideas so I can make it my own. THanks!!
-3-
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
The trick to Reset patter is to look at the basic effect and then think about what that effect could symbolize. For instance: The cards could be 'beaming' about the Universe magically instead of by using transporter technology.

Or, you talk about the magical quality of transposition. But, make note that although you can make something appear to transport to some other place in fact there is a kind of steady state magic going on and you must make something else transport at the same time.

Or, you could talk about a mystery you just read in which four people were killed one at a time and their bodies hidden away.

Or, how about a bizzare and really quite useless printing process that just switched the ink on card, books, flyers, etc. Here let me show you. I KNOW that it doesn't seem to make a sense, but some DAY it will be found to be useful, etc.

Best,
Brad Burt
Matty Moriates
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Thank you for your ideas Brad! I appreciate the suggestions!
-3-
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Matty Moriates
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Thanks Neo!
-3-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Reset (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL