The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » My own design (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nnickerson
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of nnickerson
I've designed many of the illusions that I plan to have in my show. To date I've designed seven of my own original illusions. The problem is that I can't build them myself. I had someone in mind in my hometown. He recently had to move to another state. I'm looking for a company or someone that could build them for me. I wanted the price to be within my budget. The only thing that I'm afraid of, is that going thru a company will be expensive and time consuming. On the other hand I would get better quality.

I was just wondering if anyone can help me find an illusion builder that they know is good. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Nate
nnickerson.com
nate@nnickerson.com
myspace.com/magicnate
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Um, what state are you in? It's possible someone here could help you.

Failing that, talk to a cabinet-maker, especially if it's a "box" illusion. When you pay a builder to build something, you're paying for their skill and experience- the better they are, the more it will cost. What's your budget?

If you're on a real shoe-string budget, you'll either have to build it yourself (and slowly gain the necessary skills through practice), or just do without. Don't despair- it's quite possible, with the help of a neighbor/friend with a decent workshop. I built my first illusion show, featuring four large scale illusions (and quite a few other stage routines) for under $300.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » My own design (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL