The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Inertia by Mark Parker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I was curious if anyone has built or performed "Inertia" by Mark Parker? I'd love to perform this effect in a Zig-Zag fashion; however have a climax of two extra girls coming out of it... Is this within reason?

Any advice is welcome!

Bryan
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
I have had "Inertia" built from Mark Parker's book.

When you ask about "Zig-zag" I assume you want the box to split into three? With the illusion as it stands in the book I would say that this is not possible.

You may perform a "Mini-cube" zag style and have the box split in two, but as the whole of the top of the illusion may be shown completely empty, I do not see the logic is splitting the top from the bottom, maybe only esthetically this would liook nice. Remember however that the box does not split into two equal parts.

You may want to discuss this further with Mark himself (he is a great guy!). He is also a member on here, so you may PM him.
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
sileeni
View Profile
Veteran user
UK.
361 Posts

Profile of sileeni
I agree that Mark is a great guy. All of the illusions in his book are awsome too.
I would recommend this book, as its very informative. Keep up the good work Mark....
markparker
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
350 Posts

Profile of markparker
Lee, Sileeni, thanks for your kind words.

In answer to your question Bryan, I would suggest you get three girls and make a mock up just of the hiding space and go from there. Girls sizes vary and you will need to play around with their positions to achieve the three girl production...if you crack it, it's a puzzling illusion you have on your hands.

Just a heads up to say I am preparing another book but it's not a quick process and I do not want to just throw a book out for a book's sake. I have lots of new material (Lee has seen a lot of it) and will announce its publication as soon as it's ready. Thanks again Mark
http://www.illusion-designer.com - Bespoke Illusion design - Publications -Show consultancy....Vivify a collection of stage illusions limited edition of 500 copies available now.
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
What´s the book name?
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
You can find the book here:

4-effect
Sent from my Typewriter
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
Thanks for the tip
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
I have indeed seen a lot of the new material from Mark and I can only say that no-one will be disappointed. Great ideas and a lot of it is different from the style of the first book. In fact there are some pieces that I wish Mark would not include they are so good!

I must apologise to Bryan - the effect that I have made up is The Reducer - not Inertia! We renamed the piece, and so the names from the book have been obliterated!

"Inertia" has the potential to produce three girls, but it depends on the size of your girls. As Mark said make up a dummy before producing this for real.
"The Reducer" we had made according to the sizes given in the book and on a couple of occassions certain girls, more gifted in places than others I had used in the past, have had trouble with the tube passing through.
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Lee... no offense taken.
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
Can the inertia illusion be made smaller and be used only as a cut restore illusion so you do not need hiding space before you start !!!!!!!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Inertia by Mark Parker (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL