The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » sense of touch » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MrX
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
139 Posts

Profile of MrX
Ian, thanks so much for deciding to put SOT out there. Just got SOT, Ahead of the Pack, and CR3 and am having the best holiday season!
bigplumbz
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of bigplumbz
yeah thanx ian, I bought this a while ago and the effect is gerat
well done
keep it coming!
Sariel
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Sariel
A little question about this effect: can I do it with a borrowed deck of cards and do ALL the preparation needed in front of the audience?
Lee David Bowen
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Lee David Bowen
Sense of touch is the best thing I bought in years. I prefer to do a mix between Hot Or not and Lover hater. It is superb with blank stock cards.Highly recomended.
Gardinski
View Profile
New user
UK
66 Posts

Profile of Gardinski
Quote:
On 2002-12-15 05:45, HitmanPT wrote:
A little question about this effect: can I do it with a borrowed deck of cards and do ALL the preparation needed in front of the audience?

Not without a superhuman feat of misdirection, Hitman. It does require about 15 minutes preparation time, so you can't really do it with a borrowed deck (unless you switch it or cosh your audience over the head and wait for them to come round). But the preparation is easy and painless, and it's well worth the short amount of time it takes. Ian even gives you a perfectly plausible 'explanation' for why you can only perform using your own deck, and it is entirely in keeping with the nature of the effect.

Look, just buy it. Seriously. You won't regret it, I promise. If you're not 100% delighted, I will set fire to my own face. In public. Twice.

Tony G.
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1961 Posts

Profile of Lior
Can you win a poker game?
Or any other game
Do you must touch or you can also see?

Lior
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
Gardinski
View Profile
New user
UK
66 Posts

Profile of Gardinski
Quote:
On 2002-12-15 11:06, Lior wrote:
Can you win a poker game?
Or any other game
Do you must touch or you can also see?

Lior

Hi Lior,
The SOT principle is completely invisible to the naked eye, so you have to use 'touch' (as the title suggests).

Regarding poker, are you thinking of "poker-themed effects", or actually using it to cheat in the finals of the World Series?

I honestly don't think SOT could be directly applied to a 'real world game', unless you want to wake up at the bottom of the sea in a pair of concrete slippers (although at a push it could give you a distinct advantage if you were dealing in a 'private' game).

However, there is definitely scope for using SOT in, say, a blackjack-themed presentation, perhaps as a 'psychic card-counting' routine, in which you are able to determine the ratio of court-cards to low-cards remaining in a deck, for instance.

(I'm currently playing around with the idea of a card-counting routine for possible inclusion in a certain bi-monthly mentalism journal, but I'm not allowed to tell you anything about it because the editor dislikes the Café. So, if anyone asks, I wasn't even here!)

Tony G.
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1961 Posts

Profile of Lior
I honestly don't think SOT could be directly applied to a 'real world game', unless you want to wake up at the bottom of the sea in a pair of concrete slippers (although at a push it could give you a distinct advantage if you were dealing in a 'private' game).

Thats good
I want some conections with the Mafia

Lior
Smile
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
spiral-stares
View Profile
New user
New York City
90 Posts

Profile of spiral-stares
pyro-magic: SOT is in no way related to the card swami. The method is completely different.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » sense of touch » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL