The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Stigmata review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MBrook3902
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of MBrook3902
I have also performed this effect several times and the reactions have been great. One lady grabbed the cards (ha, ha!) and kept asking me to do it again. So, a bit later I did with her watching for the 2nd time. She still didn't get it. No one has. Great misdirection. This has been money well spent.
It takes 4 to 6 minutes for the brain to die without oxygen. I can fix anything in that amount of time.
Bob Saget Rocks
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Bob Saget Rocks
Quote:
On 2006-05-07 06:06, MBrook3902 wrote:
I have also performed this effect several times and the reactions have been great. One lady grabbed the cards (ha, ha!) and kept asking me to do it again. So, a bit later I did with her watching for the 2nd time. She still didn't get it. No one has. Great misdirection. This has been money well spent.

Agreed. I just got this and I think it's awesome~When I first viewed the business card variation, I thought misdirection would be difficult, but it's so easy! The only flaw I would say is the 3rd variation where they think of a number 1-10 and it appears on your arm....it's a little ridiculous as it does not work everytime. He suggests using 3 people and that should ALWAYS work, but still...i don't like taking risks; as this variation is pure luck.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-04-26 14:17, Gary wrote:
Agree! Nice to see a comprehensive and balanced review of this.

Here, here. It was right on the mark!! I wish all reviews were like that!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
I learned the Banachek version from the PSI series but have never been able to perform it since the marks don't show up no matter what I do.

Does this introduce any new techniques that might make the marks show up? I've always thought it was a great performance piece and would love to learn a new way to actually get the marks to stay... short of acid, napalm or high power laser beam.
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
Doiron,

While I agree that old illusions can still be great today... the people ARE right when they say they are "corny"... or at least, partially right.

Let's face it, with special effects in movies the way they are, we have a MUCH more sophisticated audience today than in previous generations. Not to mention, internet discimination of tricks, magicians who have revealed various illusions, etc.

Consequently, the audience today is more sophisticated and demand better performances. It's not that the tricks themselves are corny (well, some are), but the patter/performance needs to be updated from time to time to deal with the audience.
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
With a slight modification to the routine, you can make just about anything appear. I did the routine with a PCT and had a persons full first name appear (the name was Alicia). I don't think my little addition is revolutionary, in fact I would almost assume others are doing the same thing with it. It just allows me to be more elaborate in what information can be revealed. If anyone's interested, just PM me.

This is one of my favorite new routines to perform and will be in my bag for a long time! Smile
"It's all in your head...."

James Anthony
www.jamesanthonymagic.com
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1759 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Stigmata is a very versitile effect.,it could be a name,place,number,ect.thins is one reason I use it almost every day.
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
I think this effect is really really good.
I have used it many times, and always get gasps.
one woman brings it up everytime I see her.
nbps05
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of nbps05
Stigmata is amazing the reactions you get is unbelievable
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17037 Posts

Profile of joseph
Do Stigmata on one wrist, then the Sliding Tan Line on the other.... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Glogal
View Profile
Regular user
Hollywood, California
155 Posts

Profile of Glogal
The first time I performed Stigmata the reactions were awesome. What a wonderful effect!
Gigi
M@gic Man
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
121 Posts

Profile of M@gic Man
Is it true that you can have any THOUGHT OF number or name appear, as advertised?
Its not what you do, but how you do it.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Yes. You need to use a c****** f**** and a p*** which Wayne teaches in the DVD.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Stigmata review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL