We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Nails for the Gathering (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Now is the time for all good men to come to the party.... oh wait... that's something else.

Now is the time to place any orders for hand forged nails to be purchased at this years Gathering. Yes, I know... I am retired from show biz blah blah blah.... under appreciated blah blah... get paid $10 for incredibly outstanding and wonderfully entertaining shows blah. Meanwhile, I have excelled in the art of blacksmithing, and I maintain friendships made during my career. Hand made nails are made from 316L implant grade surgical stainless steel and can be made to any custom dimensions. What's that you say? You're a beginner and can only fit a 2" x 1/4" nail in your head? I can make that for ya! You're Red Stuart and can fit 5 inches of 00 gauge in your nasal crevise? It can be done. Each nail is hand forged by THE GREAT NIPPULINI, hammered into shape from straight round stock, slightly drawn to a point (can be dulled by request), headed to size, hand polished to a mirror finish and certified implant grade steel.

Depending on size, type and finish, these nails will go anywhere from $5.00 and up per piece. Yes, you heard me right! Starting at only $5.00 per piece! In this modern day of industrialized machine stamped cheap steel, cranked out by some dingbat halfway across the world, having a hand made piece like this is worth having. Sure you can buy a box of cheap mild steel nails for the same price.... see what happens when you leave one of them out to dry after it's been in your caustic bodily fluid laden orifice(s). Why am I bringing this up? Well I'm glad you asked. You see, my nails are GUARANTEED to not rust for the lifetime of you, your children, and your children's children.

Questions? Comments? Want to tell me where to stick one of my nails? Reply here and I'll take care of things. If you want to place an order, e-mail me at Nippulini@aol dot com with a subject heading of "NAIL REQUEST". I will send you a form including all aspects of the type of nail(s) you want. But wait, there's more! If you can't get to the Gathering, or you're just plain impatient and "But Daddy, I want it NOW!!", then I can ship it/them to you. No personal checks please, money orders okay, PayPal & credit cards accepted.... oh wait... there's this new thing the U.S. government has put out. It's this stuff... printed on paper... I think it's called "curr-enc-y"... yeah, I'll take that at the Gathering.

Looking forward to being your smith!
P.S., never call a blacksmith a SMITHY... it's like calling a mechanic a GARAGE. The smithy is the shop where all the work gets done.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Glad to see you got over your Nipple fixation and are doing real honest work for a change.

Great fortune to you as you hammer out a new path. Don't forget the instructions with each Nail for our newbies..."Hit the flat end. Do not Hammer the pointed end. Not recommended for Nail Guns or reparing the Dog House unless you buy them by the box."

New act possibilities...Sharpen both ends and include some sneezing powder and a target.

Does the term Nippy mean Bra?

Anyone who doesn't buy a Nail (or 6) from Nips is not looking at the big picture. The History Books.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

You kill me, Doug! Surprised there were no "better use of the anvil" thype jokes! Thanks for the heartfelt words and merch promoting!

Lizardman came up with a hollow tube blockhead routine that involved shooting darts at a dartboard. Very original, I was impressed.

Nippy means cold... funny considering what cold weather does to.. um, well, you know... nipples. Never heard of the Bra thing.

History Books? Why thank you, but I'm not at death's door yet. But DO check the current history books about blacksmithing and the history of nails. Very interesting material out there. For example, during colonial times only the rich could afford a house built with nails, the rest were made of slotted and grooved timbers.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Your welcome...Let me lay this out for people from Phily....

"Surprised there were no "better use of the anvil" thype jokes!"

I try not to be too obvious.

"Lizardman came up with a hollow tube blockhead routine that involved shooting darts at a dartboard. Very original..."

Sometimes I can't help being too obvious.

"Nippy means cold... funny considering what cold weather does to.. um, well, you know... nipples. Never heard of the Bra thing."

The Bra thing was in relation to your comment on a Smithy...Garage etc. A Play on a play on words. I thought it was...uh...obvious.

"History Books? Why thank you, but I'm not at death's door yet."

Actually niether am I and I'm in the books. Point is if you're going to have a legendary act one should use TOOLS from a legendary source.

:)
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
I want one!
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

John, gimme a call or e-mail me so I can send you an order form. I'm working on getting a nail sizing chart because the whole pennynail sizing just plain confuses me!
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Keep us updated on that chart--I'd like to get nailed by you, too.

Wait a minute. . .what?
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Quote:
On 2006-04-18 09:55, thegreatnippulini wrote:
You see, my nails are GUARANTEED to not rust for the lifetime of you, your children, and your children's children.

Ah....nothing like passing down a used nail! Smile

LOL Stehpon! That was good.
If it is to be, it is up to me.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
May you all rot in hades! You all make me want to walk on glass, shove a sword down my throat, and a nail in my nose!
Steve V
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Ladies and Gentlemen, performers of the unusual, exotic, and downright unwholesome, I am here today to offer you a piece of history. Yes, anyone with a couple of tattoos and an aversion to office work can take a nail from the hardware store and hammer it into their nose, but you, my friend, can be an artist. While the fellows down by the waterfront are inhaling rusty scrap metal, you can be at a nice gallery opening uptown performing the same act with style. What's the difference? You have class. Class isn't something that can be purchased, but for a short time only, an historical and record-setting sideshow performer is offering you the next best thing: classy props. This, my friend, is a hand-forged nail made of implant-grade surgical steel, fabricated to your exact anatomical dimensions by the one-and-only, the Great Nippulini. The Great Nippulini knows steel! He has stepped out of the record books and into the blacksmith's shop to give you the chance to perform in front of a crowd in expensive clothing, sipping white white from real glasses, while you slide one of these perfectly-forged, gleaming works in stainless steel where nature did not intend it to go! The other fellows doing this act can sneeze out rust onto the sawdust-covered floor of a beer hall, while you wipe your nose on pure silk in the back of a stretch limo! My friends, the chance to seize that brass ring from the back of the carousel horse comes but once. Who can say whether it will be there on the next turn? Act today!

Yours,

Paul
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Mine were ordered as soon as I saw the post. I've got three of these babies coming my way!
Looking forward to playing with them!!!
Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Doc, you could sell mud to a pig! Thanks!

BTW I found 6 different pennynail sizing charts. Each one is slightly different from the next. Amazing.
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Great pitch, Doc!
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Jeez! No wonder I'm broke, I just give mine away. And they just cost me six cents...
{I use 60b...}ike the one I gave you at the Gathering...
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Heh heh Slim.....

thanks BTW, you have really helped me out. I can't thank you enough.

yeah I definatly want a few of those nails for myself.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Brett, shoot me an e-mail so I can send you the order form.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Part of my blockhead routine is giving the nail away at the end. So this wouldn't work for me, $5 a show is a bit expensive!

However, when the rush has calmed down I will still be ordering a couple, they would be great just to have around. Nipp's work is always excellent and I will be proud to own something of his.

Kudo's to the man of the powerful nipples Smile

Doc, that was great. I didn't need them pitching to me, but if I had. You would have done it!
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

You "give them away" after each show? Don't you mean you "sell them away" after each show? Turn a profit, man! a $5.00 box of nails can net you at least 10 times as much. Buy my nails, use 'em onstage, then give away... ahem, I mean SELL the regular ones after a quick demo in each nostril! That way you get to keep the good one(s)!

A quick note to everyone; the $5.00 cost per nail is a STARTING figure for say a 10d nail (approx. 3"). Prices will vary depending upon size.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
I only give one away. So the volunteer gets to go home with something Smile
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Got my nails today and have been playing with them for most of this afternoon.
All I can say is they are awsome!!!
They fit in really well and are actually quite comfortable to have in. My nails were about 4" in length and the slight shine of the metal makes these look great.
I ended up with four nails and each one is slightly different than the others, because they've been individually hand made, and gives the nails a kind of olde world look rather that mass produced look of modern nails.
If you do the blockhead routine I highly recommend getting these beautiful props.
I'll be using them at a street festival this coming weekend... I CAN'T WAIT Smile
Thanks again TGN for such great items,
Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Nails for the Gathering (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL