The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Another manipulator drop box idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Add another to the mile long list of ideas.

I recently came across an item that I thought would serve as a possible drop box for manipulation. Normally I’d be very fussy about the appearance and quality of such an item and wouldn’t tolerate anything cheap. I came across this item while searching for storage boxes to store a few magic items. I discovered it shortly before having another wood drop box made. I saw this one right away but realized it wasn’t a storage box and it was too large for this purpose. Then it screamed at me “No! I’m not only a hamper, I’m also a manipulation drop box!”….

Yes it actually said that aloud. And no, there was no one around for me to ask if they’d heard that. Figures.

The exterior was a faux wicker material on I think a thick cardboard. It collapses to just a couple of inches thick. I cut the rope handles off, the top has a fabric hinged top which can be either cut off or stuffed into the same hamper. I spray painted the whole thing flat black and VOILA! No audience would be the wiser. This thing is the exact dimensions I had drawn up on paper and was going to spend well whatever it took a carpenter to make. I’m also glad it won’t be adding more weight to the act’s ATA case. Custom wood items add tons of weight. When opened, it serves to hold a Jumbo Card Fountain and drop box for a ton of stuff that is produced and needs to be discarded. We all have different needs/expectations when it comes to the drop box but what I needed in this case was a box these exact dimensions in a flat black color and this more than filled the bill. Nice thing is it packs flat! Nice! Oh and I almost forgot to mention that it talks. All this for $21.99.

Here’s a picture of the thing in the only color it is sold at Magic Mart aka known to the common man as Wal-Mart - dirty laundry not included.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/10818304829.gif&s=x11
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Another manipulator drop box idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL