The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Copper/silver coin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jynx
View Profile
Loyal user
Pueblo, Colorado
242 Posts

Profile of jynx
I have a friend who wants to sell me his copper/silver coin. He doesn't have any instructions for it. Could somebody point me in a direction where I could find some good routines with this coin. Also, he thinks it is a Johnson coin but he isn't sure. How can you tell the difference between Johnson gaffed coins and the others?
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1276 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Check Bobo's - Presto-Chango is a blast!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10631 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
One of the best routines is copper silver Tenkai pennies
omy personal favorite is the" Dirty Sanchez" a quick and very visual transposition...
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
jynx
View Profile
Loyal user
Pueblo, Colorado
242 Posts

Profile of jynx
Quote:
On 2006-04-19 23:37, vinsmagic wrote:
One of the best routines is copper silver Tenkai pennies
omy personal favorite is the" Dirty Sanchez" a quick and very visual transposition...
vinny

The Tenkai pennies sounds familiar. Is that taught on a David Roth video? Where might I find the "Dirty Sanchez?" I am kinda of new to the world of coins. I know some but don't know where to find the good teaching vids. (I am more of a visual learner)
kirko
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of kirko
Jay sankey has a few copper-silver routines on his dvd
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10631 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Jynx pm me with your e mail address and ill send a demo your way of both effects
I never seen a Roth video so I can not answer your question..
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22048 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
One of the best routine is a 2 silver coins to copper and ending with 1 copper and 1 silver, all done in the hands.

Copper/Silver coins do not come with directions. How can you tell a Johnson from others. You can't! Johnson do not mark their coins in anyway. Mine are Johnson because I purchased them from Johnson Products.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5367 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2006-04-20 01:05, wmhegbli wrote:
How can you tell a Johnson from others. You can't!

Perhaps, but you can tell a Sterling coin from a mile away (and that's not necessarily a compliment). Smile
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
If I remember correctly, Bobo's has several effects using this coin. This is a great investment for anyone interested in coin magic.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8461 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Great coin, check Bobo's for ideas....But you're really flying when you get to the point of doing a lot of the same stuff with a copper coin and a silver coin, without the need of a gaff. Smile In the meantime have fun with the cop/silv coin. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Brian Roberts
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
196 Posts

Profile of Brian Roberts
Curtis Kam's Coersive purse. Check it out!
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
Quote:
On 2006-04-20 08:48, Mb217 wrote:
Great coin, check Bobo's for ideas....But you're really flying when you get to the point of doing a lot of the same stuff with a copper coin and a silver coin, without the need of a gaff.

How would you go about doing the Presto Changeo as cleanly without the gaffed coin?
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
The Godfather has an interesting new effect with a c/s. Who knows it might be in a future dvd.

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26990 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Even with good switches and things like the EG2EG, gaffs have their place. Some things, like a couple in CoinMagic are all but impossible to duplicate without the gaffs. The Tiddlywinks Change comes to mind, where a coin under a glass changes visibly. Smile Probably even more stunning with a c/s/b set.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8461 Posts

Profile of Mb217
SSmall, You might not be able to do that one without the gaff, in fact the effect is made directly to use the gaff in that way. What I'm saying is that you can do a series of switches, vanishes, productions, etc. with a 1 copper english penny and 1 silver half dollar that simulates a lot of what you can do with a cop/silv coin. Obviously the cop/silv coin has it's place in making wonderful effects possible, that's why it's here. I was just saying that with good handle of the sleights, that you could use the actual 2 coins and do some pretty amazing things. But use what works for you, and the cop/silv coin is a real gem and stalwart of coin magic. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
I am pretty much a beginner too. Bobo started me on Copper/Silver (C/S) tricks and I look forward to many more years of instruction from his tome. For a video companion, Roth’s DVDs are excellent. His fantastic instruction and historical discussion on the C/S gaff is on Vol 1 of Ultimate Coin Magic Collection. My fascination with C/S was recently renewed by Dan Watkins's wonderful routines on Coin Man Walking. Like most good routines, Dan's ends clean. He also teaches a gaffless Copper-Silver Transposition that you can follow up with to remove any suspicion that some kind of trick coin could have been involved. All these can be done with basic palming and switching. And if you don't yet have that, they are excellent instruction and practice for acquiring these skills.

I haven't yet gotten to most of the other suggestions, but will grant that they are superb too. Oh, the joy of feasting on the plethora of masterful instruction out there.
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
jynx
View Profile
Loyal user
Pueblo, Colorado
242 Posts

Profile of jynx
I talked to my friend today and I have been trying to talk him out of selling it. But, he don't want it and wants me to buy it. He said it is a Johnsons and that he paid $28 for it. I think he bought it a year or so ago. Anyway he is selling the coins to me for $10...Smile
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
If he were a real friend...and really wantedyou to have it...he'd just give it to ya!

Mike
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8461 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Simple and great words to live by Mike...in just about anything. Smile

sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2693 Posts

Profile of sethb
A standard Johnson C/S coin regularly sells for about $10. If your friend really paid $28 for one, either he overpaid or he got one of the special Johnson C/S coins made of pure silver, look HERE. If the silver part of the C/S coin is a 1964 Kennedy or a "Walking Liberty" half, it's the special Johnson and certainly worth $10. Otherwise, it's about the regular retail price for such a coin.

Since a C/S coin has no moving parts, I don't think it's all that important whether it's a Johnson or another make. Other gaffs like a Scotch & Soda or a flipper coin, the small difference in price for Johnson stuff often makes a big difference in quality, durabilty and reliability. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Copper/silver coin (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL