We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » What product works best as card adhesive? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
359 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
Hello Stan

The best material that I have found are "Tack Pads" from Gerard Enterprises.

They are translucent, have twice the tack as any of the double stick tapes that I have tried, and are easily removed from playing cards. They are also quite inexpensive. I have even used them during one of my performances at the FFFF convention in New York. In my opinion once you try "Tack Pads" you will never use anything else. Please PM me for more information.

Take care and take cards
Antony Gerard
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1739 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
When handled the right way, it has the added advantage of being more permanant or very temporary. If one want's it to "vanish" it will do so leaving one clean. This means the work can be applied to a borrowed deck of cards and then handed back again safetly. It's always ready to go, easy to use, easy to apply secretly, and can be used with more than just cards.

Hope this helps

-Patrick
Quote:
On 2006-05-07 19:02, yachanin wrote:
Hi Patrick,

I'm not sure what you mean by a "hidden advantage" for the Elmers re-stickable glue over the post-it note glue (maybe my mind is just a bit dull today). Can you elaborate? Thanks.

Regards, Steve
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2088 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the additional insight. I never thought of applying it to a borrowed deck. Hmmm...

Regards, Steve
Murdoch82
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Murdoch82
3M adhesive is what I use now in leiu of double face tape. The 3M product sets up and a card can be held in place and removed at will. After applying let it set up until it is just a bit tacky and you are ready. If the cards have set for awhile separate prior to performing otherwise you will get a snapping noise when separating the cards.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2006-05-09 15:54, Antony Gerard wrote:
Hello Stan

They are translucent, have twice the tack as any of the double stick tapes that I have tried, and are easily removed from playing cards. They are also quite inexpensive. I have even used them during one of my performances at the FFFF convention in New York. In my opinion once you try "Tack Pads" you will never use anything else. Please PM me for more information.

Take care and take cards
Antony Gerard

I PMd you, Tony, on this. The small sample I got from yo at Abbotts is just not going to be enough for my ever creative mind!

Yup. you are right, these are great,,,but IMPOSSIBLE to get ahold of. I've searched google, ebay, and Staples, and I only come up batting zero when it comes to finding these. It's like they don't exist.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
359 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
Hello Doug

I get my "Tack Pad" supply from a medical supply company which is why you are having so much trouble finding them. I buy them in case lots and can supply you with more if you need them. PM me for details. I will also have them listed here on the Café shortly. They are also great as a replacement for crazy glue on a Flipper coin.

Take care and take cards
Antony Gerard
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
614 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
Quote:
In my opinion once you try "Tack Pads" you will never use anything else.

Take care and take cards
Antony Gerard

Tony, I agree with you about the use of Tack Pads. The ones I got from you have come in handy several times. I will have to think of another idea to submit for the next version of Card A-Tack. I really like that they adhere to the skin and that they don't damage the other item(s) you stick them to.

I say, "once you try 'Tack Pads' you'll be stuck..."
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17176 Posts

Profile of joseph
Is this a "sticky" topic?... Smile .. Tack pads sound like a great replacement....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Will Eefting
View Profile
New user
Southwest Michigan
93 Posts

Profile of Will Eefting
Quote:
Hello Stan

Take care and take cards
Antony Gerard

I most certainly agree
A Trick? Well yes there are quite a few "tricks" I can do, but alas there are women and children present. Find me later.
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
I have used Pritt too in the past. But it makes the card dirty after a few uses.
briancherbo
View Profile
New user
The Second Deal
40 Posts

Profile of briancherbo
Stan, get some spray-on "Low Tack" from the hobby shop (or "Rough King" from the magic store) They're the same thing, one costs a lot more. Smile Sounds like this is what you are after...
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
359 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
Thank you for the positive feedback Tom and Will. Even though I use it in performances I have always felt that it's better for end users to praise a product that the seller. It's safe to use on the skin, does not discolor playing cards, and is cost efficient. What more can one ask for?

Thank you again
Antony Gerard

PS; Tom, I am working on the 5th edition on my book "Card A-Tack". I hope to have it finished early next year. If you have any ideas to contribute please let me know at Abbott's. By the way did you see the "Card A-Tack" review in The Linking Ring"?
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
614 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
I have not read that issue of The Linking Ring yet. I have about 4 years worth to catch up on.

I will have to keep thinking about the partial routine I described to you at Abbott's using the pads. I will also brainstorm for new ideas.

Hey, how about for doing a perfect pass with a coin...?
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
359 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
I have decided to have the 5th edition material for "Card A-Tack" be a compilation of my ideas and the submitted ideas from others. So if you have an idea that you would like to have included in the 5th edition of "Card A-Tack" please PM me. I will include your name in the instructions if the idea is not already on my list of 5th edition ideas and routines. Please submit only original ideas and routines. Thank you.

At present I have 16 additional of my ideas and routines to ad to the 104 ideas and routines that are in the 4th edition of "Card A-Tack". I also have Tom Kracker and Bill Abbott who have agreed to submit routines.

Take care and take cards
Antony Gerard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » What product works best as card adhesive? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL