The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Looking for inexspensive trussing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Hey guys... I'm looking for inexspensive trussing (like light truss). I've checked around at cheaplights.com and globaltruss.com and would like to avoid paying an arm and a leg for something that isn't much more than decorative... I'll be using this trussing for a couple of tables (instead of a single pole, I'd like to use the truss...) Any ideas on where to purchase truss at a reasonable price. I'd like to find square, triangular, and flat truss if possible! If it could be powder coated or is polished chrome, that would be a plus!

Thanks,
Bryan Gilles
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Since you are not using it for any real weight, how about an old television antenna l mount? I know you might not remember them as ever one has cable. You might look at radio shack for a cb antenna mount. You could even look at an second hand store, ham fest flea markets. Just couple of thoughts. Often they were made of steel but you might find one in aluminum which would help with the weight.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Richard,
That's a great Idea.

To change the look of a trusses it's easy to add panels to or cover them with a spandex sock.
POOF!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Looking for inexspensive trussing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL