The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Pure Impromptu Mentalism and NLP (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

roi_tau
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel
332 Posts

Profile of roi_tau
Nice Headline...


Anyway,Im talking here on pure impromptu:Nothing!!

No tt,no cards,no even a pen to write,no books,nothing.

If you want to demonstrate an effect with those conditions,what would you do?

I think I will do:

1)Docc Hilford think of a card(6 of clubs)
2)Derren Brown has a great routine in his magic video(Devil picture book) that can be preformed without any cards at all.
3)the number forces(3,7,37,68)
4)Banachek's Reverse from Psycological Subtelties,

If the mood is good,I will do an hypnosis test like hand stuck to the table or body stuck to the chair(or control their breathing tempo!!!)

The problem is that those are great effect but not sure fire(beside the last one)

What do you think?

Have fun
ROi
Slimfrinky
View Profile
Regular user
Nicholson, MS
153 Posts

Profile of Slimfrinky
I always do the locked eyes test. It's impressive, and works 95% of the time for me. One the other 5% I just use another person and it works fine.
The eye of Katrina went right over my house. I now have a distinct distrust of nature.
roi_tau
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel
332 Posts

Profile of roi_tau
Hi Slimfrinky.

Where can I find the exact descrition of the loced eye test?

Thank in advance

Roi
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
Roi,

You can find the locked eye test in:


"Sleight of Mind" (Book)

These Ormand McGill (Books)
"Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnosis"
"Real Mental Magic"

Easy to Master Mental Mircles: Vol 3 (DVD)- Osterlind


Sean
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3590 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Kathy's Screwy Finger Bit (Magic Menu Jim Ryan Issue). This KILLS!

Pendulum Test - Borrow a necklace and, if necessary, hang a ring on it. Then make them make it swing by suggestion alone. See McGill's Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism (or any good book on hypnosis).

Robbing someone's arm of it's strength. Body Magic by John Fisher.

Almost ANY of the Georgia Magnet tricks - same source.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Binary
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Binary
The ones on the Devils Picturebook are fantastic, but I don't think I would ever do them impromptu, I always have a brainwave deck on me as an out, just in case Smile
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3590 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
However, if you read the original post, the Devil's Picturebook and Brainwave Deck do NOT fit the criteria set down as the challenge.

For me, being a hypnotist makes this challenge a walk in the park because almost anything from that act can be passed off as mentalism if a sort. Any of the ideomotor tests, also called suggestibility tests, work with little to no other props other than the volunteer that you are already talking to anyway.

Banacheck has a CD set for mentalism that can be done on the radio that may fit some of this material as well. I haven't gotten my copy yet, so it's difficult to tell, but I am betting, from what I know of his reputation and his work, that some of the routines on there would fit the bill for this challenge as well.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Pure Impromptu Mentalism and NLP (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL