We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sympathetink (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2111 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
To start, for those that know me and my mentalism effects, I rarely carry anything in my wallet other than my own creations insn't "AAA"..anytime, anyplace, anywhre...(index/business cards for peeks, or set-up-and marked, etc.)

This, though, has found a place on a couple of random business cards for revelations since I almost exclusively perform mentalism. SHOWY, I know, with the need for a lighter and and flame and all, but perfect to keep in there for the correct occasion.

FREE ROUTINE: Five "outs" previously written down with this pen on the back of a business card(i.e. ESP symbols): all but the correct are
hiden by your thumb. Flame, yadda, yadda, reveal the prediction. (Method....% ESP cards in a cyclical stack, or...just ask their favorie....etc...I KNOW it hurts but dammit it is ART!...kiddding...this thing takes a second with the flame...GONE

As Niva has quoted this isn't exclusive as far as the method and it may take a couple years. HOWEVER: once you have this it WILL become cheaper, and for the price he is asking, and as well the thinking that has gone into adapting this
to the craft and the accompanying booklet I think it is money very well spent!

Bryn
*ISOLATION /QUARANTINE SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls eBooks:
- Now only $10 ea! PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com

Please read the many great reviews here at the Cafe:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS" eBook:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Thanks,
Bryn
cavscout19@hotmail.com (also my PayPal for purchases)
Devilix
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of Devilix
This is my review for Sympathetink.

Service : 10/10 Mathieu Bich is a real gentlemen. Is service was fast and I got no problem at all with him. A very nice guy. I communicate with him 3-4 times and his answer was always very fast.

Quality of the book : 8/10 The book is great in providing nice effect. Nothing is jaw dropping here. However, the majority of the tricks are nice and well explained.

Quality of the package : 5/10 In my point of view, there is two problem with what is provided in the package.

a) Only the gimmick pen is provided with the package. How is it a bad thing? Simple. On some effect, you must write with booth the gimmick pen and a real pen to achive the effect. The problem is that its was hard for me to find a real pen that write like the gimmick one. I don't say that you wont find it. Hey, some of you will have it at home. However, in my case, finding one pencil that write like the gimmick one was a problem and took a lot of time. I would add prefer to pay 2 more bucks and have one with the package.

b) There is no paper included with the package. I will explain in the pen review why its a major drawback for me.

Pen itself : 3/10 : Let's begin with the pencil itself. It look like a real pencil and you can change the ink. So, everything is fine this way.

However, and this is why I didn't like my pourchase, there is something not true at all in the add statement.

This is what Mathieu Bich said :

"Does it leave a mark when it does go"
The ink disappears, and leaves no mark on white or light coloured paper (white, yellow, grey…). In fact the ink change from black to a VERY clear translucent “lightly white” that will be visible only on dark paper.

However, this is not true at all. The ink leaves a mark that is very easy to spot. In fact, the black ink becomes lightly white on all sort of paper. I did try it on 15 sorts of paper different. White, yellow, green, blue, black. On all the papers, the mark were easy to spot. This is not the kind of marks like " if you know it, you see it all the time". Everyone will see them. This is why I think MR Bich should have include paper with the kit. If he have found the right paper that doesn't leave a mark at all, he should have it include because I didnot find it after 2 hours of research and some purshase.

In all, I must say that I was very disapointed in the gimmick. I told it to Mathieu Bich and he refund me. Like I said, service was great.

If you don't care about the mark, pen is great. In my case, it was a important that ink does not leave a mark.

I do not recommend this item for this fact.

Devilix
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hi,

I love this as a way to send out cryptic letters (yeah, the old snail mail) - using a light cream paper - I actually write a letter to whoever, and include the mysterious parchment - I've used the special ink and then over parts of the letters a regular pen... then heat the whole thing up - giving me a cryptic warped looking scroll of arcane magical symbols... I also only use very light strokes of the special pen - the instructions to the recipient is to place the paper in the freezer for 5 minutes.... when they take it out it is an invitation to a BBQ or whatever.... I just invited some friends this way to an upcoming Max Maven performance - they loved the ink trick....

I'm thinking of having light lemon juice effects combined with this so the message can change 3 times.....

I have also combined an effect in the book with the 3rd Degree Burn effect with a bizarrist's approach to a haunted lighter - goes over well....

Of course, I loved this so much I went off to find a big bucket of special ink so I can do wilder effects - I do wish the package actually was a pen and a sharpie and a small container of ink for a fountain pen... because I do like variety!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2969 Posts

Profile of niva
Can someone enlighten me on this. Is Kenton Knepper's idea different than this. Kenton has something with a special pen too in one of his manuscripts. Can't wait to get this at FISM.
Yours,

Ivan
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2111 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Niva:

This is a different item than Kenton Knepper's.

Bryn
*ISOLATION /QUARANTINE SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls eBooks:
- Now only $10 ea! PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com

Please read the many great reviews here at the Cafe:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS" eBook:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Thanks,
Bryn
cavscout19@hotmail.com (also my PayPal for purchases)
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2969 Posts

Profile of niva
Wooow!! Than imagine using both together Smile
Yours,

Ivan
baboun
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of baboun
With flash paper, the mark of the ink disapear
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4058 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I love this thing! Though the retail price on the pen is around $2 but still, I would never have known until this effect tipped me on it. Go pay full price for it and then find the extremely cheap refills afterwards.
karvis
View Profile
Regular user
spain
133 Posts

Profile of karvis
I have just received. great thing, I love this, and I am enjoying playing with it.

imagine, and you will discover a lot of possibilitis
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1604 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
This is a very good product...

Unfortunately... due to some unethical magic shops here, the pen is sold at US$12. Rumours told me that these shop buy in bulk from Mr. Bich (another rumour said they got the duplicates from UK) and they simply apply cut-throat sale so that they can get away with all their over stock.

The selling price of other shops are WAY belong the wholesale price I can get.

I am a magic shop owner, I do not know how Mr. Bich will think while hundreds of young kids have this pen in their pockets and just write up something on a piece of paper, then heat it and reveal the secret every hour in my city...

Indeed a very nice product, but unethical competition make the item dead so soon.

Sadly,
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
lboudreau
View Profile
Loyal user
Alexandria, Virginia
288 Posts

Profile of lboudreau
Why are Devilix's comments being disregarded? Does the disappearing ink leave a telltale mark that is easy to spot? If it does, then that seems rather critical to the usefulness of the product, whatever the price.
LEO
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3739 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
This pen is not a new idea at all my grandfather has been using this pen for the last 12 months for his Sudoku puzzles that is what stationers sell it for in England they are £1.90 each in various colours.
lboudreau
View Profile
Loyal user
Alexandria, Virginia
288 Posts

Profile of lboudreau
Useful for Sudoku puzzles, yes. But mentalism? Not if it leaves a mark that is easy to spot as Devilix alleges.
LEO
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3739 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It does not leave any mark at all providing you use a smooth almost shiny type card like most business cards are made out of.If you use say cardboard torn off a box like a cereal box for example the porousness of this card can sometimes mean it leaves a slight outline so there is no real problem here.
vmendoza
View Profile
Elite user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
430 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
Quote:
On 2006-06-16 09:49, Devilix wrote:
This is my review for Sympathetink.

Quality of the package : 5/10 In my point of view, there is two problem with what is provided in the package.

b) There is no paper included with the package. I will explain in the pen review why its a major drawback for me.

However, this is not true at all. The ink leaves a mark that is very easy to spot. In fact, the black ink becomes lightly white on all sort of paper. I did try it on 15 sorts of paper different. White, yellow, green, blue, black. On all the papers, the mark were easy to spot. This is not the kind of marks like " if you know it, you see it all the time". Everyone will see them. This is why I think MR Bich should have include paper with the kit. If he have found the right paper that doesn't leave a mark at all, he should have it include because I didnot find it after 2 hours of research and some purshase.

Devilix

Quote:
On 2006-07-23 09:55, nanaswan wrote:
It does not leave any mark at all providing you use a smooth almost shiny type card like most business cards are made out of.If you use say cardboard torn off a box like a cereal box for example the porousness of this card can sometimes mean it leaves a slight outline so there is no real problem here.

I've been working with this pen for months, Mathieu beat me to the punch on releasing effects that can be done with it. What both posters have in common is that they are overstating extremes.

Firstly, this product was not invented by or for Mathieu Bich. It is something that can be bought from any stationary store that carries the product. It is a pen commercially produced by one of the big names in writing utensils… and it has valid applications in both magic and mentalism.

Devlix’s post made me laugh, because it’s very much akin to the argument that some people come up with regarding the TT. It’s not an EXACT match and therefore it can’t possibly work. It’s a very myopic view and, all the better, if more magicians thought like that, then this product would stay very secret and only a handful would use it.

Nanaswan on the other hand goes in the opposite direction. By its very nature, this pen leaves a residue, there’s no getting around that. The residue is nearly invisible, but you’d have to really be looking for something in order to spot it. Nanaswan’s argument to me is akin to someone telling me that their pass is completely invisible, but they blink at the critical moment during performance.

This is a valid tool, and will be for the next two or three years, after that, it’ll probably be sold world-wide and be as common as a bic pen.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3921 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I have been playing with this for a month and absolutely love it. I came up with a routine by accident and it has been blowing people away. Even the wife said it's one of the coolest things she has ever seen. No one yet has even guessed a method let alone the method. Truly one of my favorite purchases in years. I just have to figure out where to get refills in the US now.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2310 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Dr. Spektor,

"The end of the pen has a hard plastic eraser, which when rubbed over the writing causes the colour to disappear from the ink. You can then write over it again with the same pen.
The heat generated by the friction causes the ink to become translucent (at 65°C fact-hounds!). Stick it in the freezer (-20°C) and your scribblings will re-appear - albeit slightly faded. Ideal for secret messages and a lot easier than that old lemon juice and candle flames malarkey. As for crosswords in the newspaper...the cap-end works better than the eraser as the eraser will smear the newspaper ink."

Hope this Helps
Devilix
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of Devilix
Vmendoza : I think that your are unfair in your critic vs my post.

This is what you said : Devlix’s post made me laugh, because it’s very much akin to the argument that some people come up with regarding the TT. It’s not an EXACT match and therefore it can’t possibly work. It’s a very myopic view and, all the better, if more magicians thought like that, then this product would stay very secret and only a handful would use it.

First of all, why do people always attack people who do reviews? If you look at my review, I never attack MR Bich or anything. My review was polite and fair. I never said it was crap or anything. I took the time to write what I think of the product and I don't think I deserve to this kind of answer.

Look carefully at my review. I said that I was disapointed with one thing. The ink leave a mark and MR Bich himself said that it wouldnt. Is it possible for the pen to leave no mark at all? I think so because some people said that for them, it didn't leave marks. The only real problem is that its not easy to find the right paper. If you have it home, I am happy for you. However, I didn't find one. That's all I said. I said that if the mark is not a problem for you, everything is fine with the pen. For ME, this was a problem.

So next time, before laughing, take the time to read carefully the review. Since english is not my primary way to communicate, It took time for me to do this review. I didn't do this to attack the product of the creator. I did this to inform you and give you my point of view.

I don't think I deserve to be attacked like that.

Devilix
vmendoza
View Profile
Elite user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
430 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
You actually took the time to pm me and ask me to read your response.

If you - had stopped to read my post in its entirity you'd see that I have been working with this pen long before Bich put it out. You'd also see that I said that by the pen's nature it DOES leave a mark. My response to you was that the mark it leaves is NOT a big a deal as you make it out to be.

Cessez d'être un enfant - il n'y avait aucune attaque. Votre vue est myope. Si vous voulez le papier "correct", alors vous devez utiliser les colorez stationnaires écrème. Il est tout là est avec lui. J'ai droit à mon avis également.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Thanks MM - I actually stumbled onto that as well...! I'm having a lot of fun with this stuff..... especially Da Vinci treasure map stuff
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sympathetink (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL