The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Has anyone seen "Magic 4 Morons?" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ArtMagic
View Profile
New user
Dallas Texas
10 Posts

Profile of ArtMagic
A friend of mine was telling me about a new magic video called "Magic 4 Morons." He had not seen it, but had read about it somewhere.

Has anyone here at the Café seen it? Do you recommend it for a beginner (I'm an amatuer magician myself).

Art Smile
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
587 Posts

Profile of wayman
Would a Moron actually appreciate Magic??

anyway this is what I found for you.
note Phone number at end.

Web posted Monday, December 17, 2001
at http://polkonline.com/stories/121701/loc_magic.shtml

Tim Scarbrough recently came out with his own video, which was filmed live at Universal Studios, called "Magic 4 Morons" where he gives away the secrets to a couple of his tricks, but only a couple.

"That was fun," he said. "Magic is such a cool thing. It's empowering."

To learn more about Lyndel Productions, call Tim Scarbrough at 325-8588.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4395 Posts

Profile of Paul
re;
Has anyone here at the Café seen it?

Are you trying to suggest we are morons? Smile

And why would your friend suggest it to you? lol.

Paul.
ArtMagic
View Profile
New user
Dallas Texas
10 Posts

Profile of ArtMagic
Paul,

Hmmm, I never thought of it that way... LOL!
CardMagicCarl
View Profile
New user
Miami
7 Posts

Profile of CardMagicCarl
Art,

Yes, I have the video! It's pretty cool! My aunt bought it for me off of television - Home shopping network or QVC I beleive...

It has a magician named Lyndel teaching different effects. None of the tricks are too difficult and would be good for a beginner magician. It has some cool ideas for the more experience too.

The neat thing about it though is that it has that sound effects guy from the Police Academy movies in it doing lots of jokes and making weird noises. VERY FUNNY STUFF!

I reccommend it!

Hope this helped!

Carl
Smile
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Carl,

Thank you for the kind words regarding my new video, "Magic 4 Morons!"

Art,

Thank you for your interest! The video teaches 10 effects that are pretty easy to master and look absolutely amazing.

Magic 4 Morons (M4M) is the first in a series of big budget instructional magic videos to co-star Hollywood celebrities and to be filmed at a major motion picture studio.

Most experienced magicians will not find any new nuggets of magic wisdom in M4M. It was specifically intended for the general public and beginner magicians.

The end-product however turned out to be not only informative, but entertaining as well. Actor and sound effects expert, Michael Winslow (star of all seven Police Academy movies) is just absolutely hilarious in M4M.

Currently, M4M is being distributed through Murphy's magic of California and is available at most leading magic shops world wide. It will soon also be available in main-stream retail outlets worldwide.

Lyndel
ArtMagic
View Profile
New user
Dallas Texas
10 Posts

Profile of ArtMagic
Wow! It seems that everyone who is anyone is on the Magic Café! I ask for info about a video and not only do I get it, but I get a posting from the author/star of the video as well! Very cool! I love the Magic Café!

Lyndel, I checked at a local magic shop for your video but they did not stock it and had never heard of it. Can you tell me specifically where I can find a copy of it? It sounds great! Love the title too by the way!

Thank you so much!

Art
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
Is this series going to be like the "...for Dummies" and "...for Idiots" books that I have grown to love?
William Holcomb
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Art,

Currently it is available from leading magic shops worldwide. A quick google search returned these results:

http://www.themagicwarehouse.com/beginner2.html

http://www.magicgeek.com/products/videos.html

William,

It's similar to the items you listed only in name. The video itself is unlike any other basic magic video on the market. It's actually FUN to watch! Plus, it co-stars a Hollywood celebrity as will the sequels!

Best regards,

Lyndel
ArtMagic
View Profile
New user
Dallas Texas
10 Posts

Profile of ArtMagic
Lyndel thank's for the leads! I have one on order!

Art
illusionmaster
View Profile
New user
Boulder, Colorado
31 Posts

Profile of illusionmaster
To Art,
I just received my copy (after reading this thread I became interested.)

I must say that I was expecting a little less than what I received. Most magic videos look like they were filmed in someones basement!

I found Magic 4 Morons of a much higher quality than any other magic tape that I own. Plus as Cardmagic carl said, it was actually entertaining to watch! I originally purchased the video as a Christmas gift for my 9 year old neice who has an interest in magic, but I admit that curiosity got the best of me and I had to open it to watch it.

Now I think I'm going to hang on to the tape and buy her a nice sweater or something... <grin>

Seriously though Art, it is a great tape for people just starting out. You'll like it! ... You can't go wrong with this one!

Jes
CardMagicCarl
View Profile
New user
Miami
7 Posts

Profile of CardMagicCarl
Mr. Lyndel, when is the next in the series going to be released?

I agree with Illusionmaster, your tape was very well produced! How did you come to know Michael Winslow?

Carl
Smile
illusionmaster
View Profile
New user
Boulder, Colorado
31 Posts

Profile of illusionmaster
Carl, that's a good question! I noticed at the end of the video, it kind of set things up for the sequel. I would be interested to know about the second in the series too.

Jes
Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
It was very well produced and a classy video. Job well done!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Has anyone seen "Magic 4 Morons?" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL