The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » New Busking Pouch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Frank,
Just got my new set of pouches yesterday and they are a work of art.
They arrived faster than the speed of a postal worker (Thanks Gazzo )which was great.
Fantastic workmanship. I cannot say enough about them, except they were worth every single penny spent.
I might have to order one of the new Poachers pouches also....
Thanks again Frank

Bill
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Thank you Bill. Glad you like the custom work.
Let me know how they all work together for you.

Regarding the new busker's pouch, the first batch is completely done. Finished.
I will begin shipping on monday.

A few extras were made so I will have 2 or 3 on hand if anyone wants one before the 2nd batch is started.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Great news Frank. Looking forward to receiving the new pouch and trying it out.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

All the boxes desined for the US were picked up this morning and they are on their way. All should arrive on Friday or Saturday at the latest.

All the boxes destined for outside the US are in my wife's car and off to the PO.
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Frank, I just got mine today, I came home from a restaurant gig and the package was here. WOW!!!!! The pictures do not do it justice, It is BEAUTIFUL, Very well made! I tried Gazzo's pouch when I took his Master Class last June and his pouches do not come close to this one. No offence to Gazzo, his are great but Frank's are even better.

Everybody!!! Take notice!!! BUY ONE!!! They are FANTASTIC for looks, useability quality, and every other way you want to judge it these pouches are Numero Uno!!!

Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
DAK
View Profile
Regular user
UK
135 Posts

Profile of DAK
Ok,
I appreciate Franks stuff is top notch as I own many of his products. But you guys that own this pouch - WHY is this pouch so good? From a performance rather than craftmanship angle?
What are it's advantages? - I appreciate you haven't had a long time to actually use this item but feedback along these lines would be helpful.

Kindest Regards

Dominick
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Hi Dominick,
A pouch is just a bag. If it fits your body in terms of reaching the loads efficiently (from the first to the last) then you've got a good pouch for you.
If it lasts a long time then you've got a good bag for the money.

I loved my first pouch (poacher's pouch) and the inside pocket/slots are great but after using it for almost a year (in strolling environments) I realized that I also had my business cards and sharpies and a small wand in the pouch, as well, that were getting in the way of getting to my props. So, on the 2nd version, I added flat pockets to each side. That got the small items out of the pouch and more easily accessible. Less fumbling around.

Keep in mind that the poachers pouch is small enough to use in any environment so the mods were done to imporove its use in a strolling environment.

With the new pouch, I wanted a larger pouch to hold an entire outdoor busking type show (+/-), so I incorporated the additions from my first design and added a large soft outside pocket in the front for who knows what (silks, eggbag, dice, bag of balloons, coin purse), and the money bag in the back. The other item I added from the poacher's pouch was the ability to use the laces and shut it down completely so you cannot see inside at all.

But... I try not to add anything that keeps it from also just being a cost-effective, long-lasting, bag.
DAK
View Profile
Regular user
UK
135 Posts

Profile of DAK
Frank,

the laces sound like a great idea - although I have a cunning way I hide my final loads in my Gazzo pouch,

thanks for your comments.

kindest regards

Dominick
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Frank -
My busking pouch arrived Friday but have had guests in so I wasn't able to check it out until now. Wow! Another great product and I am sure it will be perfect to work out of.
Thanks,
Mitch
James Kernen
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
160 Posts

Profile of James Kernen
I received my Busker's pouch (two of them) over a week ago but did not have time to play with them util the middle of last week since I was out of town... I own 2 poacher pouches and one Cellini pouch beore these, and I do believe Frank's new pouch is the best of both worlds. I mainly use the pouches as servantes, and the new pouches definitely have a wider and more volumonous ditch space. beyond that, they new pouches offer many more options for organization without becoming over-beariing....The poacher pouchers were effective but with these new busker pouches, I don't even have to give my ditches a second thought.... More to come as I experiment with my walk-arounds.....

James
John Sturk
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
120 Posts

Profile of John Sturk
Hey folks:

I received Frank's new pouch just before embarking on a three month engagement as a street entertainer for Mackinaw Crossings, northern Michigan's premiere shopping destination.

I must say, for a first-time busker, and probably for anyone else, this is an excellent pouch. If I add up all the magic I have in there together, I'd probably have close to 90 minutes.

Please enjoy these photos of me performing with it.

As Homer Simpson might say: "Nine thumbs up!"
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
John,
Congratulations! The pictures look great!

Did anyone besides me notice something about his crowds? As usual, the crowd was bigger for the Cups and Balls than anything else. Hmmm...
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
John Sturk
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
120 Posts

Profile of John Sturk
Thanks Dave.

Yes, it seems to me that the Cups bring the biggest crowd. Right now, it's early in the tourist season, so building a crowd has been a little tough, with there being little foot traffic. But the merchants all tell me that once the schools let out, the place will be packed.

And hopefully, my hat will be too. Smile
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Best of luck John. The pix look great. The pitch looks good too.
Looks like it's built with a lot of traffic in mind.

Frank
Posted: Jun 8, 2006 1:19am
I just got an order for a brown pouch. These don't exist so a new batch
has officially begun. Should be done in 2 weeks. I'm only having 2 brown
pouches made unless I hear that others would like a brown one.

There will be one minor mod. The back (against the body) will be lined with satin.
Faulkner
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
249 Posts

Profile of Faulkner
I just recieved my pouch Monday and used it at two different events today. I really like it. Plenty of room for my hands and more than everything I need. I can't wait to try it on the street.

Well done Frank
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I am patiently waiting for my new brown beauty. Those of you who have read some of my posts on wallets know that I tend to try to have them made in brown leather. I wanted the same with this pouch. It fits the scheme of things better for me. I know it may not seem like color is not a big deal, but for me it is.

I begged Frank to make me one in brown and he graciously said he would. I'm not surprisec that he's making a second one in the run. I’m so looking forward to using it this season.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Joe Howard
View Profile
Loyal user
The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
204 Posts

Profile of Joe Howard
Hey John,

Nice photos !

Joe H
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Well my Brown Beauty Busker’s Pouch arrived safely and ready to rock and roll! It appears to be a true work horse of a pouch. It was designed for folks that want to perform street Cups and Balls with BIG final loads. In fact it will serve to carry the necessary loads for a four or six orange (or baseballs) and a Mellon a la’ Gazzo etc.

The workmanship is first rate using heavy duty thick leather for the main body of the pouch and a lighter weight, soft glove leather for an outer pouch, pockets and a hidden cash “purse” behind the whole thing (against the performers body). The belt slits are well reinforced and will take the strain of years of busking. I think that this pouch was designed to take a real beating!!!

There are a number of details that are built into the pouch that I like. For example there is a draw string system that will pull the main compartment closed to hide the contents while allowing you to work out of the smaller front pocket. This is especially helpful to guys like me that tend to keep the pouch on from the beginning of the act and work close to the audience for a routine or two before going into the Cups and Balls. A simple slide and the main pouch is open and the loads accessible.

In fact the smaller, soft leather, front pocket is a sweet idea and what sold me on this specific model. It will easily carry several small props and consumable items (ropes, rings, handkerchiefs, and balloons for signed bill to balloon for example).

Frank added another nice touch by having side pockets on the outside of the main compartment. They are well placed and can hold a multitude of small items, including a deck of cards, the Sharpie pens, a wand, or even a cell phone!

Inside the main compartment there is a pocket that will hold a deck of cards or some packet tricks or even a wallet for a card to wallet trick. Plus, the pocket has three pockets in a row sewn on that are designed specifically to hold coins (a thumb tip fits nicely too!).

It is a well designed and well built beauty. AND he made it in brown for me (If you have read some of my wallet posts you know what I think of black leather!

Frank, great job! It is quality workmanship and a quality product. And a big thanks for building it in brown!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Thanks for the nice note Harry.
I was using the pouch again last evening.
I had baseballs and a coconut in the main section.
silks slipped thru the laces on each side, coins in the coin slots and...
I kept a TT and a setup for Prof. Nightmare inside the outside soft pocket.

Here's a tip if you have the pouch:
I was experimenting with Ammar's shadow coins on my new close-up surface followed by a ]'d coins accross. At the end of the coins accross routine, the soft pocket made a perfect ditching servante. The ropes kept it open just enough and the ] just droppend into the pouch. It was very easy to find and remove compared to dropping it a pouch that also has baseballs and a coconut and also run the risk of damaging the ].

Posted: Sep 20, 2006 12:32am
For those that are waiting, the next batch of pouches is just about a week away. Friday, I'm told.
Extras for this batch will include
Crowd building: The stiff rope gimmick,
Comedy: the long card, and the universal deck (deck of gag cards such as 3.5 of clubs, etc.),

and a secret.... A fantastic place to buy a CHEAP salt pour gimmick. I've used the $300 Kozak Gimmick and I see no reason why this cheap gimmick could not be used instead. Size, shape, are almost the same. And almost $300 cheaper.

There are still a few pouches that are unclamied for those interested.
ttorres
View Profile
Special user
Rock Hill, SC
513 Posts

Profile of ttorres
I love the pouches. Looks like just what I have been looking for. Now all I have to do is bring in a couple of "Fat Hats". Then I can get me one. Smile

Thanks,

Tony
...the magic that creates Memories!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » New Busking Pouch (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL