The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » New Busking Pouch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13406 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Batch #5 is done and will be picked up tomorrow. We're doing batches of 20+ at a time to keep up with demand.

I've added a new deluxe pouch that will use unbelievable leather and is completely lined one the inside. I've picked out some extra beautiful leather and we will have a few different designs using two-tone highlights, etc. There's also a new feature on this pouch that I won't discuss yet.

Nothing but the best for this model. Not available yet on my website but soon. If you're interested, you can PM me.

Here's some prelim photos of 2 of them:
http://picasaweb.google.com/frank.starsi......ersPouch

Thanks for looking!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24265 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
These are really nice pouches. I purchased one a while back, but didn't post anything here about it. It is very well made, and there is plenty of room for everything.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
SeanD13
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, RI
263 Posts

Profile of SeanD13
I think they look great I am looking forward to getting one. All I have to do now is get the wife to say yes to me buying one.

Frank, any idea on when tha new line will hit the streets?

Thank you,
SeanD13
Have you hugged a Cup Junkie lately?

Learn more at www.CupsCon.com
"If We Build It Will you Come?"
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
These do look nice Frank, good work once again, I can't wait till Friday and then I get mine! Smile Smile Smile

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13406 Posts

The new line will hit the streets soon. I have a couple more things to figure out and I need to find out how much the extra work involved costs as well as the added expense for the leather. thanks for asking.
Amon
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
134 Posts

Profile of Amon
Frank,thanks for the nice pouch! It arrived yesterday (wow 2 days time), and I am very pleased with it; it's exactly what I needed.The buskers pouch was really a nice step up for me, from what I was using..and I would definately reccomend these to any one who asks.
here and now
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Hey Amon ain't Franks pouch friggen awesome!? I'm loving mine it sure beats using a purse or something else that just don't feel right!!!

johnny
<BR>I never inhale Smile
Mr Amazeo
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazeo
That is a nice looking pouch. Too bad my apron pouch is holding up so dog-gone well, or I would have been very tempted to invest in one. The one I have was a worker all last year in my renaissance act with not so much as a broken stitch or thread. Hopefully you have some of these left when I'm in need of a replacement in a year or two (or five - who knows, it's too well built - it might not ever wear out).
Amon
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
134 Posts

Profile of Amon
YES Johnny! Thanks for reccomending this to me... =)
here and now
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
No problem there Amon, I know I just gushed like a little girl when I got mine and nearly couldn't settle down about it for a week!

I'm glad I could recommend Franks Busker Pouch to you, everybody who has one it seems is very pleased indeed.

johnny
<BR>I never inhale Smile
SeanD13
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, RI
263 Posts

Profile of SeanD13
To let all of you know. Frank sold me one of his new Deluxe Busking Pouch. You can find my review Here

Thank you,
SeanD13

JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Okay, I read your review of the busking pouch. You said the leather was like "butter." I think I'd like the leather of the front of the pouch to be stiffer than it sounds. Gazzo makes the front of his pouches double leather to stiffen them so the contours of the loads don't show. Frank, could you address this issue for me? Thanks.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
SeanD13
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, RI
263 Posts

Profile of SeanD13
I guess I should of explained it better. When I talked about the leather on the main pouch. The leather that makes up the main pouch is a thicker leather then the outer pockets. It still keeps its shape like one would hope it would.

The like "butter" comment was to explain the fell of the leather. Not to say the whole pouch is soft.

I am sure Frank can explain it better.

Thank you,
Sean

Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I think it also helps that there's a soft outer pocket in front of the main area. That further conceals any shape differences from showing.

I have two styles of Frank's pouches already, and if I wasn't already a deliriously happy customer I'd add this one to my collection.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Joe Howard
View Profile
Loyal user
The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
204 Posts

Profile of Joe Howard
Quote:
I have two styles of Frank's pouches already, and if I wasn't already a deliriously happy customer I'd add this one to my collection.

Me too, but I still added the new pouch to my pouch collection. (can't have enough I guess) I use it when I'm not doing the hat load. I use the poacher's pouch as a back pouch or just a pouch to carry the rest of my stuff, and I use the Cellini pouch for more intimate events, when the chop cup is the bulkiest thing in there.

Joe H
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13406 Posts

Good question JJ,

They both have methods to hide what's inside. Due to their design, they are just done in different ways.
The design of the pouch is completely different than a Gazzo pouch. Mine has a bottom, sides, a back and a front. His, is basically a back and a front.

My design does not require that extra stiffness in the front but the leather is still thick and durable. Not thin like the cellini pouch style.

DaveV is absolutely correct about the soft pocket in the front hiding any tell-tale signs. I did not think of that but now that he mentioned it, I will pretend it was my own idea all along and that I planned it that way.

But since the pouch has a wider bottom, there is less pressure on the front and less hints of anything in there.

If you had 2 of my pouches side by side and one was full of oranges, you would not be able to tell as they hold their shape empty or full.

Anyway, that's the idea.

I'd be glad to answer any further questions.

Just to clarify further...

My pouch was NOT designed to do the Gazzo routine. It is smaller and designed for lighter loads and a smaller hat load like a coconut or a grapefruit. If you want to do the Gazzo routine you SHOULD buy the Gazzo pouch.

This pouch is designed as a busker's pouch to carry most of a table act. Cards, loads, cups, etc. It is an all around pouch.

The deluxe version is also lined inside and out to keep props from getting discolored from the leather, such as fakini billiard balls, etc.

p.s. I have had requests to make the poacher's pouch with a soft front pocket and that is on the todo list. It does make a nice back pouch. It also makes a great table servante. Especially on a lefler table. I just hook it on the hooks that are alreay on the lefler table by pushing a lace thru the belt loops. I do the same thing with a restaurant try stand by drilling a hole in each top rail. Great for windy outdoor stand-up events.
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
Frank: The deluxe version is not yet on your website. What is the cost?
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13406 Posts

You are correct. It's $249 for the ones I currently have/had.
These will be done in smaller batches and each one will be a bit
unique. We're also now set up to be able to engrave your name/logo
on the pouch. I have a lot of ideas still swimming in my head and until
I feel comfortable about all this, I have yet to add the item to my site.

Interested parties can PM me.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Frank,
Thanks for explaining this to me. What if I wanted to do four lemons and a hat load. With the four lemons, could I use a catalope? Or would that be too big. I'm asking because the lemons are smaller than baseballs and I thought maybe that would leave room for a hat load larger than a coconut.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
I've never put a melon in my pouch but the melons I've seen at the grocery store look to be a bit too big for Franks pouch. I may try tomorrow next time I hit the store out of curiosity. I myself use a coconut, never a melon, it just feels like too much of a Gazzo thing for me.

I'd love to have a baseball the size of a coconut, that would be neat! Smile

johnny
<BR>I never inhale Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » New Busking Pouch (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL