The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » New Busking Pouch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
Thanks for the review gaddy. I've been on the fence but I think you've helped make up my mind.
Mark Phillips
View Profile
New user
Maryland
8 Posts

Profile of Mark Phillips
Cellini pouch from Switzerland now on ebay:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZthinairpro

I bought this about ten years ago in Zurich from Zauberladen, which was carrying Cellini's stuff. I don't know who made it, but I'm sure someone here does! I don't imagine anyone using this as their primary pouch, but I would think it is quite rare and collectible.

Look forward to hearing comments on it.
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
Man. that's a touch expensive!

if I'm not mistaken, this was made by Frank wasnt it? I mean he had the pouches made for Cellini a time ago.

I could be wrong...
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13404 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
You're not right but you're not wrong either.

Cellini commissioned me to make his latest pouch design. I took his design and added a couple ideas of my own. We agreed on a final design and he left the country with the first batch in hand. I've been making them for Hoerbi Kull of Zauberladen since that time. Jim is involved somehow but I'm not quite sure how.

Looks like the pouch in question was made before I got involved.

By the way, Hoerbi is a gentleman and excellent to do business with. I've always been more than pleased in my dealings with him.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
Thanks for clearing that up Frank. I knew it was something along those lines, but wasnt sure of when you started making the pouches. It looked similar but I wasnt sure...

Also, I've heard that Hoerbi is a great guy!
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
Mark Phillips
View Profile
New user
Maryland
8 Posts

Profile of Mark Phillips
Thanks for your input Frank. BAH, the buy it now price is not the reserve price. I think the price issue has been covered many times with regard to professional quality pouches. In addition, I'm confident there are collectors out there who see its value simply because of its rarity.

Mark
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
I have one of Franks pouches and have been using it for a couple of years now. Those that are waiting will be more than happy they waited. The quality is far above anything else on the market and the price is less than anything else.

If you haven't ordered one do so NOW so he can get them made for you.

Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
JMuoio
View Profile
New user
Pennsylvania, USA
9 Posts

Profile of JMuoio
I am the proud owner of one of Frank's pouches. I've been dieing to try it out, but haven't gotten the chance, yet. The worksmanship is amazing. The pouch looks small, yet still holds all my loads. Gonna try it in the upcoming season.

Thanks Frank,
Joe
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
So Frank, when are you going to come out with a larger sized pouch. I'm looking for pouch in wich I can use 6 oranges and a large at load.

I mean I can do it with your standard buskers pouch but there is little room to spare. I didn't know if you had any intentions on creating a larger sized pouch...

I know I would definatly pick one up from you...

Shawn.
Shawn.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I believe Eric Evans made Cellini's earlier pouches.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
I've had one of Franks pouches for awhile now, never hit a show without it and just recently I placed an order for some supplies and was oh so pleasantly surprised by the promtness (sp?) of shipping and quality of products.

His Eggbag is wonderful, it feels like butter in my hands.

I will be hitting the streets with it this spring!
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13404 Posts

Hi Shawn,
I'm glad you like the pouch!
For 6 oranges and a melon you can get it all in there, you're right, but there's not much room leftover.

I figure 6 and a melon is for Gazzo's routine and it's best if you pony up and buy his product. AND...you'll have a pouch designed exactly for what you want.

I specifically made this pouch a bit smaller so it could not be considered in the same size category.

As far as new designs, I have a prototype but it's actaully for a smaller pouch not bigger.

"The Week-ender". (Actually I'm not sure what I'll call it).

Great shape, size, weight. All a bit smaller than what I'm offering now. Plus it will (I think) zip closed so you can toss it in the car/suitcase full of props and take it with you on vacation or for smaller busking shows.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Frank,

I love the "toss is in the car" thought.

I have bags that I keep both of your pouches in, so I can just toss them into the bag and not worry about the contents escaping. The zipper would eliminate the need for the bag.

I have a different thought though. How's 'bout putting overlapping black elastic cloth over the mouth of the bag. ie. The mouth of the bag is accecible by pushing your hand through the overlapping elastic cloth.

This adds both an element of secrecy from peering eyes and security from things falling out (or being pick pocketed by small curious hands).

The bonus is that you are always covered...and you don't have an annoying zipper to deal with during performances.

Yeah...so all you need is a bunch of advice from a "know it all" on an open forum. Well, there ya got it Smile
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3163 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I fit 6 medium oranges and a coconut into Frank's busker's pouch with no problem and space left over. However I also use Phoenix cups that are significantly smaller than Jumbo Cups.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13404 Posts

Gaddy, I just started doing the same thing except with Sherwood cups instead of Phoenix cups. My final loads (besides the coconut) are either of these:
4 Ammar fake lemons
4 tennis balls
4 mike rogers baseballs (until I get 4 8" baseballs)
4 small oranges from the store
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3163 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Frank-

The only suggestion I would add after using this pouch for over a year now (and BTW it still looks great! -this thing is built to last a long long time...) would be to add a snap closure to the center of the mouth of the bag. that way if your side drawstrings are secured, then the bag is really and truly secured.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » New Busking Pouch (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL