The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » The Most Visually Stunning Piece Of Magic You Bought (41 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
vad
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of vad
Mislead and Ghostbills, simple and visual
Witness4him
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Witness4him
Greetings Everyone,
Good recomendations for single commercial effect. I love magic that is visual. I love them though because like someone else said here, you experience the magic, although you know the method, your eyes see it and are fooled. Many can use simple methods and simple props. I love the vanish and reapearance of a small silk using a thumb tip. David Ginn has a good routine on this in Children Laugh Louder.
There is One thing he discusses also in that book, and I agree with. He had used the effect, not sure of the name, in which a silk appears in a clear box. He put it into the show, but at first found it didn't have big impact. He found he had to have a strong routine and a buildup to the appearance. He had to get everyone focussed on where it was going to happen, and help people anticipate it. Then it got much better response. I think that's true, even with the strongest visual effect. What about you?
Pete
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1108 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Bonjour!

I recently find that a lot of stunning magic could rise from crystal ball...
The purest form of floating ball effect, with no gimmick and no silk!
I'm currently working it out through "personal" moves and video's I can put my hands on...

Did you try it?
Mitchell.Stafiej
View Profile
New user
Quebec
61 Posts

Profile of Mitchell.Stafiej
Stigmata, I watched it once and was floored. When I was ready, I performed it, and WOW, the second performance made a girl cry. I highly recommend it for the Initial Prediction version.

Mitchell
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
Quote:
On 2006-05-26 03:39, zing82 wrote:
I would agree that Stigmata and Sinful are visual. But are we forgetting about color changes? If done correctly, its the most visual move.

Someone please stab me with a color changing knife or something...
Silver_Fang
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio
282 Posts

Profile of Silver_Fang
For me it would probably a combination jeff McBrides magic onstage volume 1, 10" linking rings set, and metamorph spots.
james333
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
10 Posts

Profile of james333
Nothing in my book beats "here then there" Crash 1 from ellusionist SIMPLE DOSE HIT HARD
i_am_fish
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of i_am_fish
I gotta say my favorite visual effect is Kevin Parker's Passing Thru. When I saw the demo for it, I was hooked. I immediately bought it and watched the download. When I performed it for my buddy, who is also a magician, he said it looked truly convincing. I am planning to work it into my street routine because of the reactions this effect gets. It's one thing to slam a coin through a bottle, but to slowly see the borrowed coin penetrate a completely solid bottle...it made me believe in magic again. I just want to thank Kevin Parker for his fantastic effects. Passing Thru is one to definitely add to your repertoire if you work street, close-up, or coins. Very visual and very magical. Thanks again, Kevin.
Darth Ewok
View Profile
Loyal user
Greeneville TN
228 Posts

Profile of Darth Ewok
Proffessor's nightmare is a good one. a lot of Paul Harris' stuff is very visual (immaculate connection, unshuffling rebbeca)one thing I love is something from jeff McBride's art of card manipulation vol 1 is the wink change. it always get a good reaction.
my real name is Kevin Harrison

http://www.myspace.com/magicalclerk
Gary Kosnitzky
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Gary Kosnitzky
I have to vote for "Cigarette Up The Nose" by me.
No need to say one word. Truely pure visual magic at it's best.
Rediscover a lost art.

www.jadoosmagic.com
Matthew St. Cyr
View Profile
Special user
The Dark Woods of New England
793 Posts

Profile of Matthew St. Cyr
Ghost Bills is a great visual effect when working the close-up crowd.
Peanut Butter and Jelly is usually one of the highlights of my kid shows.....I hear more adults gasp then kids!
The Wonder Lies In The Dark Between The Stars. . .
MinnesotaChef
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis,MN
176 Posts

Profile of MinnesotaChef
The Hot Rod, done well, still gets the money. A good routine is a must, however.
"Great restaurants are, of course, nothing but brothels.There is no point in going into them if one intends to keep one's belt buckled."- Fredric Raphael
shoostergoogle
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of shoostergoogle
Fearsons floating cigarette.
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Has WOW been said? Just seeing the card change, it's so visual to the eyes.
Barry Daugherty
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
133 Posts

Profile of Barry Daugherty
If you're looking for truly visual, I still get amazed every time watching Richard Sander's Fiber Optics DVD. Even though I know how it works, it pleases me every time I see it.
Ilya Larionov
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Ilya Larionov
Hollow
PK ring, used in Cap Through Glass Bottle
VisiBill by Richard Sanders; all Sanders' tricks are highly visual.
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
675 Posts

Profile of Bedford
Daniel Garcia's Torn
Wayne Houchin's Sinful
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Chop Cup for me.
mellodreams
View Profile
New user
california
1 Post

Profile of mellodreams
Prohibition and Fraud are both easily donr right in the spectators face. Like you are not even hiding anything.
If it wasn't magic. What was it? Everyone just calls me Mello.
PirateJohn
View Profile
Regular user
Anaheim, CA
156 Posts

Profile of PirateJohn
One of my personal faves is Card Warp. Someone taught it to me many years ago and I had performed it for a while but put it away. Not long ago I watched it on a Michael Ammar video and wondered why I put the trick away in the first place. Maybe it was because I was going through too many decks of cards...

But I've picked it up again and it's become one of my favorites.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » The Most Visually Stunning Piece Of Magic You Bought (41 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL