The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Magical drum (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lejon
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of lejon
Hie all,

I possess a bodhran, which is a celtic drum.
After playing it and therefore activating it, I put it on the floor and use it as my working surface. I can also use as a divination tool, In short its my magical door.

I would like to make it look more 'magical' by engraving designs on its side....
I will also paint the top skin in order to perform Zodiac.... ( 12 spaces for the cards and zodiacal designs)

Anybody has an idea on the designs to engrave and also some short ceremony I could use to activate it( instaed of just playing it)

Thanks
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Hi lejon.
Max Maven describes a divination drum created by Katlyn Miller in his "book of fortunetelling". Katlyn Miller was the owner of mermaid magical arts, times ago.
The divination system was named tympana, if my memory's good.
Next time you're in Brussels, I show you the illustration.
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Lejon
The designs available are many, and if you are using a Bodhran, then you will likely want to stay with a celtic design. The part to decide upon is the pre or post christian influence styles. The Celtic Cross would be a fine design to use on the top, as there is a spread in Tarot if I recall that follows this line and theme.
To obtain the 12 spaces, simply quarter the cross a few times by design elements and lines.

As to the activation, play with it, especially after painting it and find the resonant note that if you are close to it, and hum, chant the note, the drum will resonate with you..... when you find it things on the surface- small things, will move and dance to that resonance. THEN you know you have opened the doorway to the hidden realm!

Kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Hello Lejon

How about the symbols used by the enigmatic Picts. See here for examples: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/7246/pictish.html

These symbols were used by the nation unconquered by the Roman invasion of Britain and the meaning of the symbols remains unknown to this day. Just at the back of my house is the site of the 'Hilton-of-Cadboll' Pictish stone. The original is in the national museum at Edinburgh but a replica has been carved and placed on the original site.

The enigmatic nature of the symbols lend them to stories and magic.

The Pre-Raphaelite painter Frederick Sandys used the symbols on the apron of 'Morgan le Fay'. You can see the painting here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Le_Fay

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
lejon
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of lejon
Hie all,

thanks for your responses they do go in the direction I was hoping for.

Curator quote:'The divination system was named tympana, if my memory's good.
Next time you're in Brussels, I show you the illustration.'

Always the good advice, I wanted to have a look at that book, and yes indeed I think I will have a look at it next time I come to brussels, lol , I just dunno where I will find these cowries, there are SOOOOOOOOO difficult to find LOL.....

For those interested: http://www.geocities.com/moonwillow80/tympana.html

Kaytracy, I love the idea of chanting to find the right frequency and get the skin activated, I will definitely have a try, I just doubt of my voice qualities but the idea is great... Thanks....

Black heart, the Pre-Raphaelite have always been a favourite, and I sure envy you to live just next to such site,just behind my place is a tall tree where a secret society holds regular secret meetings, I live in west africa and magic is everywhere but hidden.... mmmmmhhhhhh spooky...

I think I will go for a slight engraving of morgan's design on the wooden sides, and the tympana design on the inside skin.....
And if I manage to sing the drum then I have a miracle....

Thanks again....

Thanks all
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Magical drum (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL