The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Devano Card Rise (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Pete,
I don't know who makes them, but I've been using the AMY decks from Daytona Magic for about 10 years and love them! The rising card routine that I do was shown to me several years ago by Dan Tong and the only decks that I use for this come from Daytona Magic.

Give one a whirl and let me know what you think.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Pete, I went to Daytona's website and there are several rising card styles listed, but the one that just says "rising cards", and says something about commissioning their mechanic to build it is the one you want.

They're only $24.95 and I have gotten better prices by purchasing several and just asking...

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Pete - Cards by Martin sells a great rising deck. I bought two. Smile

Robert
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Thanks all... going to be out of touch for awhile... stay tooned...
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Ive always had problems with the sticky AMY ones. Penguin lasted the longest but even though it still rises, it wont stick the the card (even though I used the sticky stuff found at Walmart). I will now try the magicians wax as suggested. Possibly it will stick out further and adhere to a card.

Candini
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Magician's wax works like a charm, thanks Brad. This was used with a 3 yr old $9 box of rising cards from Penguin mind you. Nothing I tried would work for the stickey portion.

Candini
Gary Dayton
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
542 Posts

Profile of Gary Dayton
I have a Devano made by Marty Martini that is simply excellent. I don't know about the other makers, but I can say Martini makes a heck of a good product. I can recommend the Martini deck without hesitation or any reservation. This is the sticky version (not the pins), and I have never had a problem. I have full confidence in this deck, and use it all the time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Devano Card Rise (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL