The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Superman coin bend?! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
maxss1
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of maxss1
I posted about a coin bend and I think Quantum is too much for me.
Whoa~~ Well I need a little help with magicians.

Just a few questions to ask. How's superman?

I think superman is sleeveless and not pre-bended.

Is that true? or is there another coin bend gimmick except for Quantum(500$!!)

I just want a bender that is sleeveless and not pre-bended.

I practiced switch, but found no way to bend a coin.~
kirko
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of kirko
Just remember that a little sleight of hand goes a LONG way. It seems that magicians are buying products today that cost $$$, but are not really to fool spectators anymore, but to fool fellow magicians. I can do several different coin bends with ONLY sleight of hand. Do you think that a spectator will even notice the difference? My version, I show or borrow a coin, I place it on my hand, place my finger on the coin, rub intensly, and the coin visually bends 90 degrees. Would they know a difference between this one and the 600 dollar one? I guess that's something you have to ask yourself and your wallet..
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
Hi Maxx,

Superman Coin Bend is not sleeveless..infact you need sleeves to do it. It certainly is a lot less than Quantum. I sell the Superman bend it retails for $40.00. My price on this is $36.00. Which would include shipping anywhere in the U.S..

Currently I am out of stock on these..but have placed an order on April 20th for these..Not exactly sure when they will be shipped to me and in stock.. But you can always check my web site.

http://www.magicianslair.com

Thanks
Eddy
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
juan king
View Profile
Regular user
Spanish
171 Posts

Profile of juan king
This is the miracle if you have a way to handling the props with confidence. A bending coin is a magic effect fantastic with some ideas to make the bend happen after the real bend with using the props.

Maybe a sleight of hand is a good method too but it is relying on other things too like a presentation and good patter.
Think not what magic can do for you, but what you can do for magic.
kirko
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of kirko
Not quite. It could go something like this:

Hand me a coin, I put it in my other hand in the center of the palm, rub with my index, and it visually bends, then hand it out for examination... Its really more about confidence in your magic and handling than it is about finger flicking and misdirection.
omnibozo
View Profile
Regular user
Boulder, CO
151 Posts

Profile of omnibozo
What you invest in with the Quantum Bender is the ability to have the spectator SIGN their coin... and you return that exact coin to them... bent. That they signed the coin is NOT a trivial aspect of the effect. It is the essence of the effect. People may enjoy a signed playing card as a souvenier for a few days... but a signed bent coin lasts forever. I do the QB many many times a week. I once did it in a very high end exclusive coin collector's shop... After the owner got over the initial shock, the bent coin immediately went on a display shelf... you can bet he tells that story many times every week. Save up your money. The QB 2.0 is nearly ready... even easier to do the bend, and designed even stronger than the already great original. While I wrote the directions, I have no financial stake in the QB. Check this board for the latest reviews... especially Nathan Kranzo's. There is none of the bs as in some other methods out there.
Bob LaRue
Omnibozoologist
Jim Salabim
View Profile
Loyal user
Skien, Norway
240 Posts

Profile of Jim Salabim
Woah! Several hundred bucks for a coin bending device? That just too much (at least for me). Isn't the Boa Coin Bender OK? With the Boa you hand the spectator back the coin he/she signed, just like QB.

And the best thing: It costs about $50-60.

Jim
omnibozo
View Profile
Regular user
Boulder, CO
151 Posts

Profile of omnibozo
There is no comparison between the Boa and the Quantum Bender. Ok, the one comparison you can make that you can gripe about is the price. Remember, the audience has no idea what you paid for the gimmick. The ultimate considerations are, "what works best for me and produces the best effect." If you were to see the QB in a real world performance versus the Boa, or ANY other signed coin bender, you would be convinced that the exta money is worth it. The QB 2.0, on top of that, is so good that I will be selling my 1.0 version as soon as my 2.0 is ready. There are so many descriptions on this board that you should be able to decide, even if you have not seen it in action yet.
Bob LaRue
Omnnibozoologist
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Who will be selling QB 2.0? What kind of price are we talking about here?
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Hello Ray,
In response to Ray's question: The original "Quantum Bender" sold for $500., the new version "Quantum Bender 2.0" will be $600.. The new version has not been released yet. I am excepting pre-orders at a discounted price of $525. for a limited time. Plus FREE shipping. It's not on my website yet. Pm me if you are inerested.
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
500.00, 600.00, for a Coin Bender. That's INSANE, at least in my opinion, when there is an amazing bender on the market for under 50.00, called 'Superman'.

I've looked at the other benders out there, but finally decided on the Superman.

It is SO easy to use, in long or short sleeves. You DON'T need long sleeves to perform this. With good routining, a t-shirt is all you need.

The gimmick is of the HIGHEST quality; it's fits very nice in the hands; when the hands are in a 'natural position', it is invisible.

Even if I was a millionaire, I wouldn't consider spending several hundred dollars on a gimmick to bend a coin, when there is something as amazing as Superman on the market.

OK, OK, so I'm a little biased, as Roy is Canadian and so am I. However, Superman comes with my HIGHEST recommend for anyone looking for a VERY reasonably priced, EXCELLENT working bender.

Happy Bending, whatever 'bender' you choose...

smitty
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
There is no other device like the patent pending, "Quantum Bender 2.0".
Here is what just a few of the Pro's are saying about it:
"John's bender is sick. Let me explain... it bends BORROWED coins in real time using a device we all carry anyways. This tool is worth THOUSANDS of dollars to the professional performer! -Nathan Kranzo.
"With all the new US coins out today, you can forget about coin bending unless the coin is signed. The Quantum Bender 2.0 works SMOOTHLY & EASILY, & leaves your spectators with a pysical momento, & everytime they look at it or show it to a friend they are reminded of your magical abilities. What more could any proffesional performer ask for!?" -Danny Archer
"The Quantum Bender makes us maladjusted social misfit magic geeks look like powerful superheros...cape not included" -Gregory Wilson
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
Sounds great -- for fifty or sixty dollars. But not six hundred. I'll stick with Superman.
magicforu
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of magicforu
May be "Quantum Bender " is only for Pro. My firend never success with a single performance ALWAY get caught !!
Guillaume Vallée
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Guillaume Vallée
Could someone tell me the advantages from quantum vs superman?

Thank you in advance.
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
It all comes down to how well you perform the illusion, no matter what tool you use. I have done the most rudimentary method of bending and yet I have killed and gotten great responses. The audience couldn't have cared less it the coin was signed. it didn't even enter into it.

Now if you need a signed coin to enhance your performance, there are still several methods available. It is up to you to decide if you want to spend "X" dollars to achieve that effect. It if it worth it to you, then go ahead. If not, then there are many options available to you.

With that in mind, I don't think the $500 + cost is worth it. At least not for me. While I certainly applaud the design and concept, I think the price is ridiculous. Now they have apparently "sold out" of the $500 version, so the upgrade is now coming out. That means there must be a bunch of people who don't think that the price is ridiculous. Now unless they are lying about that, it means for many the tool and price is worth it. I doubt they would be lying and then introduce an even more expensive version. Both Nathen and Danny have reputations, so you can take that into consideration.

I have yet to see the new version, and probably never will, now that I have expressed a less than postive opinion, but it would have to be significantly better to get me to even consider a purchase. Then there is the value of the effect itself. We all know how much reaction certain tricks get. Since many of them cost $15.00 or less, it will take a lot of motivation for me to add one that costs $500-$600.00. That is just common sense.

I like nice props. I have some very expensive cups that while great, I could still perform the effect with the $29.99 versions. So there are motivations that will get me to spend. This just isn't one of them. But to each their own. There is no sense lambasting and name calling either the makers or the products, so let's be civil.

Kirk

I wish the makers good sucess, and feel no ill will agaist them
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
I wouldn't expect someone to drop $600 on a prop unless they are a pro and can justify it and its use.

I have the Superman Coin Bender, those special plyers, the Bent Cent, Morgan's Opener, Tim Noonan's Coins, Ray Koenig's"Bent Cent", BENT etc. I have tried every published version I can get my hands on such as Goldman's routine, John Rigg's handling, Paul Harris, Dan Huffman, Todd Lassen, Anderson/Harkey and the list goes on. I have performed and explored all the tools and handlings I have found that are published and un-published.

I can't imagine not doing this. But that is just me. I want to study and collect every version of an effect before I decide on one. I still haven't decided. I like a couple versions and they both have their strengths and drawbacks adepending on the situation.

The Quantum bender is one of my favorites. I will use it and fool people badly. I don't have to do any work at home the night before. Just grab it and go. It is worth every penny to me. I'm not trying to get anyone to buy it. In fact, the less the better for me. :b)

All the best,

Nathan <----- Not a millionare...........yet.
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Some kind of wierd last sentence got stuck on my post. Please disregard. Kirk
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
I'm not a full time pro, so couldn't even consider something like the Quantum. I'm just glad that Superman became available, and works as well as it does. It bends coins effortlessly.

But, like I said in another post, there is, in 'my' opinion, no such thing as a 'perfect bender', so each person has to find what works for them.

So, whatever you are using guys/gals, have FUN!!

smitty
Omega
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Omega
I say forget benders all together. They are just too much of a pain for me. I bought a key bender once and will never bother with anything like it again. I've worked out my own method for bending sign coins that's working very well so far for me so its a non issue. Best of luck to you in your search, but I don't recomend dropping big money on anything like that.

cheers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Superman coin bend?! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL