The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Looking for Opinions on my Groups Promo Video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
I looked all over and didn't see a section on the Café for Promoting...How to and such...So I came here.
My performance group (The Devil Dolls- A group that does Fire/Burlesque/Sideshow/Magic and pretty much anything else we come up with!) has just finished their first Promotional DVD that they will be sending out with promo packs to clubs and such.
If anyone has a sec to check it out and give me some opinions, I'd really appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMFZ3eezsj0

Like I said, this is our first draft, and we are getting more footage from other shows to put into it soon (This one is almost exclusively fire and grinding...), but it is at least a base.
Oh...If you are wondering which one I am... I am the one in the videos who is not a cute girl. Yep...One 36 year old guy with six twentysomething goth/punk/rockabilly girls...
Poor me...
Gwyd the Shameless
Demon of the Devil Dolls
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
The video is playing super slow on my end. I've never had that problem with youTube. The title screen is on for too long (percentage wise). I wouldn't get too graphic with the gore, it could turn off some clients. Instead show long shots and lead-ups, then cut to audience reactions. Definitely show lots of people enjoying the show, that's what the venues are interested in. Also include lots of things that don't scream liability/mess, audiences love that stuff (i.e. I.C.P.) but club owners, not so much.

Just my 2˘

Michigan whooo hoooo!!!!!!!!!
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1541 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Way, way too satanic! I did not even watch the whole video. Do you know Jesus?
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Daddy of 2:

"From the Café rules and etiquette:
------------------------------------
Religion or Politics:

Though we do have an area for discussing subjects other than magic, the discussing of Religion (other then a real application as it relates to a magical effect Example: Gospel Magic) is strictly Prohibited. The subject is simply too subjective, and more often than not leads to emotional responses and a lot of hurt feelings and/or resentment. "

I appreciate you taking the time to attempt to watch the video. I am sorry that it threatened your religeous sensability. I was more looking for constructive criticism than to have my soul saved.
My group thrives on controversy. I don't do kids birthday parties unless they are being thrown by the Adams Family. We open for Rock Bands like Nine Inch Nails, Ministry, Rob Zombie...Not Amy Grant and Petra. I guess you are not our target demographic.
Thank you for your time.
Respectfully,
Gwyd
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Hi Josh!
I am totally with you on the opening being too long. My editor assured me that it was perfect, so I let him keep it. Should've followed my gut.
It would be good to bring in some stuff that contained less liability and mess. Unfortunately, all the footage we had at the time of making the promo was of an outdoor show where we were allowed to do pretty much what we wanted, and when we are given free reign...
Things get messy.
Fortunately we are getting some footage from the Chicago Really Short Film Festival in this week, a lot more burlesque and comedy, a little less hardcore and scary...So that might help balance things out a bit.
I had not thought about reaction shots...Looks like I will need a second camera unit!
Thanks much!!
(Oh...Are you a Michigander yourself of just a fan of the giant mitten?)
Gwyd
snowboard
View Profile
New user
China Shenzhen
86 Posts

Profile of snowboard
Good video,but I don't like the music.
Maybe make the video short would looks better. And add some subtitle?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Looking for Opinions on my Groups Promo Video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL