The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Jason Alexander, Mentalist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1043 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
I consider Jason Alexander a really excellent magician/mentalist. Someone with a really well thought out act. He is fully deserving of being a proffesional magician, far better than most at that job.

That said I do feel that the award of "Parloyr Magician of the Year 2007" is wholly innacurate, the guy while a superb performer, performs nothing original. I am firmly in the camp that says to be great "you must be able to both create and perform your material". His performances, I personally don't feel advance the "artform" in any way. Now I know this is a really pretentious viewpoint, and that I may well get slated for saying this, but none the less I stand by my argument.

So what do you think?
Was this title deserved, or is this just a token jesture to a big name celebrity?
The Feegee Mermaid
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of The Feegee Mermaid
I remember seeing him escape from a straight jacket on a talk show recently, ill try and find it on Youtube.
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1917 Posts

Profile of DT3
I mentioned this on another thread a while back.

Way before Jason was George back in college he made his living doing street magic in the Boston Commons area.

Ironically he switched his focus to acting because he thought his hands were too small. As we all know small hands are no problem (Malini and Liepzig both had tiny digits) but the world is a better place because of the work Jason did as Costanza, so fate wins.

As mentioned before, Jason is also an amazing singer and a great dancer, and one of the nicest people I have ever met. For all of his talent he is quite humble.

Also, the spoon bending comment was from a great episode titled "The Mango" from September 16, 1993.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

D.
The Feegee Mermaid
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of The Feegee Mermaid
Not on youtube. It was funny though, he did the interview while trying to escape.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Jason Alexander, Mentalist (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL