We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Jason Alexander, Mentalist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
He's got all the luck being on tv being a good mentalist having hair...
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I wonder if Larry David is also into mentalism?

Y'know - Alexander should have tried to create a bumbling mentalist character for a TV show - sort of like the Magician (Bill Bixby) meets Curb your Enthusiasm - that might have been crazy
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1023 Posts

Profile of jlibby
That's a funny idea; imagine George Costanza as a Kreskin-like character. Despite his best efforts, he still manages to solve the crime by the end of the show!

See ya!
Joe L.
San Antonio
Ugly $5 Report is GOLD!

Grab your copy now:
https://makequickcashonlinenow.co.business
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Tv pilot: Mentashlameel

Man with amazing mentalism talents who amazes the public cannot read any ques when trying to engage the opposite sex.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
835 Posts

Profile of RileyG
He and Marc Salem could play evil & good twin mentalists
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Looks like Magician 4 borrowed Todd75's avatar....Hmmmmmmmmm
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
RileyG's avatar is freakin me out.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1712 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Quote:
On 2006-04-28 19:34, LobowolfXXX wrote:
He also did a prediction effect at the beginning of his act, where he showed a woman a picture with a bunch of cards on it and she was to think of one. His "patter" was mute in this effect; he had a spiral-bound book of instruction that he showed, one page at a time, which was very funny, e.g. "Think of one of the cards." "Do you have one in mind?" "Good." "Is it a black card?" "I knew that." etc. At the end, she called out the name of her card, and he revealed the reason for the mute presentation - in his mouth was a folded up card that matched hers.

I'm happy to say that this is an effect of mine called The Silent Treatment. Whether you think Jason should or shouldn't be doing mentalism, at least he has good taste in his choice of material Smile
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
dgcuff
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
193 Posts

Profile of dgcuff
Quote:
On 2006-04-30 07:52, Jon Allen wrote:
I'm happy to say that this is an effect of mine called The Silent Treatment.

Oh, thank you! I recognized the effect by its description, but had totally forgotten the name of it.
Links to help Canadian magicians
http://magicinfo.ca/

Follow me on twitter
@magicinfo_ca
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
LobowolfXXX seems to have vanished.

Don't you love "hit and run" posters?
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2006-04-30 07:52, Jon Allen wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-04-28 19:34, LobowolfXXX wrote:
He also did a prediction effect at the beginning of his act, where he showed a woman a picture with a bunch of cards on it and she was to think of one. His "patter" was mute in this effect; he had a spiral-bound book of instruction that he showed, one page at a time, which was very funny, e.g. "Think of one of the cards." "Do you have one in mind?" "Good." "Is it a black card?" "I knew that." etc. At the end, she called out the name of her card, and he revealed the reason for the mute presentation - in his mouth was a folded up card that matched hers.

I'm happy to say that this is an effect of mine called The Silent Treatment. Whether you think Jason should or shouldn't be doing mentalism, at least he has good taste in his choice of material Smile

Thanks, Jon...I was wondering where this effect came from. You'll be happy to know he presented it well.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
835 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2006-04-30 05:20, Roth wrote:
RileyG's avatar is freakin me out.

Thanks for the comments...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2006-04-30 09:59, mindguy wrote:

Well, gee, I started the thread (to which this is your first contribution)and followed up twice, including answering a question about the material Jason used. If I'd known you'd miss me so much in the day and a half I was absent from this thread, I wouldn't have been gone so long. Sorry about that. I kinda thought that if I sparked a discussion among people who either A) knew about, or B) were interested in Jason's interest in mentalism, the thread might sort of take care of itself. Seemed to be doing ok, but apparently my absence Saturday may have been distressing.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2006-04-30 15:08, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-04-30 09:59, mindguy wrote:

Well, gee, I started the thread (to which this is your first contribution)and followed up twice, including answering a question about the material Jason used. If I'd known you'd miss me so much in the day and a half I was absent from this thread, I wouldn't have been gone so long. Sorry about that. I kinda thought that if I sparked a discussion among people who either A) knew about, or B) were interested in Jason's interest in mentalism, the thread might sort of take care of itself. Seemed to be doing ok, but apparently my absence Saturday may have been distressing.

Not distressing my friend, but the flaming tone fo your first "elite" inquiry had the all too familiar whiff of a winge/moan/and hit and run event.

I'm still wondering why you felt compeled to slag off Alexander in the first place..

Too much time on your hands perhaps?

Just wondering.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Excuse me if I'm misunderstanding some cross-country slang, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "slag off" or "flaming." For that matter, what's with the "moaning"? I posted because I didn't know that Jason Alexander did mentalism, I thought he did a great set, and I wondered how many others were aware of it. I could be confused, because I don't know what "slag off" means, but it sounds derogatory, when I think it's very clear that my posts are quite complimentary toward him. He did a great act, and I thought it was neat that he's a mentalist, also.

If you have that much of an issue with a post under the mentalism topic that says, essentially, "Hey, here's a guy most of us are familiar with, but did you also know he's a mentalist, and a good one?" then it's probably you who has too much time on his hands.

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Here's a review from Wayne Kawamoto on one of the performances on the night I caught him.

http://magic.about.com/od/biosonfamousma......nder.htm

Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1284 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Mindguy, are ye goin' batty? Can you point out where LobowolfXXX derided Jason? He started and maintained the thread with nothing but admiration. I think you are referring to "magician 4," who hurled an absurd insult and left.

Seth
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
"MindGuy" seems to have vanished.

TheGreatDane
View Profile
Regular user
White Plains, NY
183 Posts

Profile of TheGreatDane
Jason Alexander is also a big supporter and friend of Penn & Teller's - he's been to a million of their performances and supposedly cries everytime Teller performs his routine where he cuts the sillhouette of a rose, and the actual petals fall off.

He's a consummate show-man, magician, mentalist, comedian, actor, singer, etc. Some people are just talented in the field of the arts, and I don't see any reason why they should extend their creative talents to all aspects of it.
"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream." ~Vincent Van Gogh
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I assume you mean you don't see any reason why they SHOULDN'T, in which case I agree wholeheartedly. His was one of the best mentalism acts I've seen at the Castle.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Jason Alexander, Mentalist (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL