The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Best needle through arm (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
wayno
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
323 Posts

Profile of wayno
Quote:
On 2006-05-18 04:42, ceme20 wrote:
I also am happy with Dave Powell's version. My main issue is having the R***** C***** cause the needle to not freely slde back and forth. It looks great to see my skin stretch when I pull on the needle, but at the same time the needle is bending more than I like. Twisting it sometimes helps, but not always. I have tried applying different stuff to the needle, but that effects the r c in a not so good way. BTW I haven't found a really good spot with loose skin. Any ideas?

The skin on my arms are pretty tight as well so options are limited. I find the best thing to do is keep your arm slightly bent. It will help loosen things up a bit. Even then it's not best for me either. So I got a couple inches from the bend in my elbow. Just have to be carefull not to extend the arm when showing. Otherwise it will ruin everything. Heh.

I find vaseline works great. However my friend carries a chap stick with him. I've used blistex which is not so bad either.

One thing is for sure though, and that is that the setup (at least for me and most I've talked to) has to be pretty fresh for a sucessful performance.

Sincerely,
Wayne Stevenson
The SpookClub
Wayne Stevenson
The SpookClub
http://www.spookclub.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22399 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just had a chance to see the new Needle through Arm by Fun Inc. It looks great and is very high quality. It comes with an extra blub and all necessary extras to do the trick out of the box.

I was truly surprized that it was by Fun Inc. It looked so nice I thought Viking made it.
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Digging up an old topic.

Harry Anderson has never used anything but an original Bruce Spangler. Harrys' name is the only thing related to him and the version with his name on it. That is all.

I own an old Gem, bought when I was a kid. Fine needle but you must repair the bulb occasionally. So we bought an "Anderson" named needle and it is shorter and has the same problem with leakage. It even tells you what type of glue to buy to fix it with. It works, for a while. Between the two of them we haven't missed a show. Back ups are great.

Now the prices have changed. Viking "Bruce Spangler" approved version is going for $120.00. This is the one I want but will still carry my Gem as a back up in case. I know they give you a lifetime warranty but that makes me think they trust it and yet will repair it if it breaks. If it does I will have my back up on hand.

Wish I could get my hands on an old, original Spangler. What I didn't know when I was younger and they were around.

Harry Anderson vrs. sells for $40.00 so that is a big difference in price these days.

Then there is also the Mak version for $32.00. Never owned one of those but have had some Mak stuff in the past, when I was a teen doing b-day parties.

Fun inc says "Royal" beside the name. Not Royal magic? I also don't like the white bulb and the fact it comes with two. You should only need one.

So if you hear of an Original Spangler for sale let me know. It would be an honor to own one.

As for you young fellas with tight skin. Enjoy it while it lasts. You will have plenty of time to perform this routine when you get older and your skin no longer snaps back in place like rubber. It will happen.

Will
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
How can we bust this guy for putting up this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwarxzLzBXI
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Best needle through arm (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL