The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Big Show With Animals Need Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Ok I have been asked to do a big show with some animals and I don't have any. What should I do. Just kidding there. Can anyone suggest a type of animal that is not to hard to work with,tigers and lions are not included. I used a rabbit a long time ago but I have not used one in a very long time. I am serious when I ask for suggestions. Would you suggest working with a live animal at all? I would like to start using the animal for my new kids show. Please, any of you that are going to answer,"If you have to ask then you should not do it",please keep your replys to yourself. This is a legitimate question here. There is not a big rush on it because the show is still in the planning stage.

Thanks
Steven
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Steven, kids love animals. It's easy to use a rabbit and there are a lot of possibilities for both production and vanish. Using doves works but there's a little more work involved. If you're doing shows in someones home, there are drawbacks to birds and many people aren't comfortable with birds in there homes. Rabbits are a different story. There's also guinea pigs.

I'd definitely say to go for it. The kids will love it and you can usually charge a little more to use animals.
Where the magic begins
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
I agree with Dave completely.

It would be different if you had the show this friday and didn't have an act.

Go with a rabbit and some doves. If you have a yard and some room go for a duck! They are practical and look great. You can get some real comedy going with one, also. They are great pets in my opinion.
Newly renovated and ready to be explored:

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
IF you are willing to care, feed, clean and spend time with any animal, then whatever you choose to love will make you happy and it will show in your shows.

I gave up on animals and went with spring slinky's, they get the kids guessing, but they can be funny as well.
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Thank you to all of you. I was wondering about the rabbit compaired to doves for the ease in working. I can understand about the birds in a home and with the rabbit you have less mess to cleans up. When I did use a rabbit long ago the rabbit I got grew way to fast and got way to big. Can't rememeber the breed it was but it got real big and had to drop him from the act. I was also considering the guinea but not sure. Ok to tell you the truth,I am a little...whats the word...oh yeah, afraid of the guinea. I know it is strange but I must have been frightend by a guines pig when I was little. Honest about that too. I know it sounds goofy. Anyway thanks for your replys guys.

Happy Magic

Steven
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Steven, I don't think you are alone with your feelings toward guinea pigs. I have birds, cats, rabbits, and dogs but like you, there is something about those little creatures that puts me off. If you decide to use a rabbit, look for a dwarf or mini dwarf. They don't grow big and are just as impressive as the larger rabbits.
Where the magic begins
boppies2
View Profile
Elite user
Arizona
422 Posts

Profile of boppies2
Steven,
I use two bunnies and a dove. The bunnies are Nederlander Dwarfs-two sisters. Got them in Oregon last year. They are pets first and entertainers second.
Max
mws7020
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of mws7020
I use a rabbit and 2 doves.
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
I was wonder about the dwarfs. It has been so long since I worked with a rabbit I will need to learn all over again. I was almost going to use my cats but they are just to crazy to use. How are the attitudes of the dwarfs?

Steven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Big Show With Animals Need Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL