The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Worlds Greatest Magic illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MAGISHAUN
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MAGISHAUN
I saw a couple perform on one of the Worlds Greatest Magic episodes and have been trying to find this episode or who the performers are. It was a couple who sung during their illusion and the guy bent a steel rod with his throat then pushed a spear through his neck and out the back which was visible from every angle. then pulled it out visibly and went back to singing. Does any one know what I'm talking about or who they are? It was amazing.
magicreza
View Profile
Regular user
USA
126 Posts

Profile of magicreza
I believe that was "Dexion."
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Ok now that sounds like a strange one. I have never heard of that act. I did know someone that use to sing in his act back in the late 70's. It just sounds kind og add to me.

Steven
MAGISHAUN
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MAGISHAUN
You know what Magicreza I think your right, that sounds familiar. Do you know if they have a website or know any more information about them. I looked them up on the web and cant find them. All I get is their name on magictelevision.org but that's all that comes up on them.
Chase
View Profile
New user
Arkansas
98 Posts

Profile of Chase
The rumor I heard is that Dexion, after several years performing in Carribean resorts, dissolved the act and relationship. Hope that's not true. Dexion had a great act with really original magic and music.
MAGISHAUN
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MAGISHAUN
Yea that one explained up top was amazing. Any clues on where I can find a method or suggestions?
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
857 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
MagicShaun,

When someone does something totally original, it is perfectly fine to just enjoy it and not go hunting for the method.

Why not come up with something equally original?

Just my opinion.

Lou
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Method 1.
Find a sharp spear and a dummy who will let you drive it through his throat. No need for stage blood. To paraphrase Mac King, "You can only do it that way once."

I remember seeing the act on WGM. I didn't care for it. I don't like illusions that take self mutilation and just make you wonder, "Hhmmm, how'd he do that?"
MAGISHAUN
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MAGISHAUN
I agree Lou, its not that I want to steal his trick or anything but ive come up with an illusion that's not done through the throat by anymeans but similiar. I saw the video of him performing it a few weeks ago and never saw anyone perform it before so I want to make sure our methods aren't the same. I like to have original ideas, I just want to make sure 2 people don't think alike.
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
857 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
Thanks for the clarification Shaun. I appreciate your integrity.

Lou
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1586 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Lou,

I think that MAGISHAUN got the point. Or soon will in his show. Good luck and be careful MAGICSHAUN. I wonder if this trick would be a good one for children's shows. Smile

Patrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Worlds Greatest Magic illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL