The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Body Morphin' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MAGISHAUN
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MAGISHAUN
I heard of this manuscrpit of Andrew Mayne's called Body Morphin. Is anyone performing any of these and is it worth it? What kind of reactions have you been getting if so?
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
I have a lot of Maynes stuff...This one I would have to say is not worth it. A lot of the tricks are stuff most kids were doing in elementary school. The trick on the front cover of the book is one he did only once, because it hurt...Not actually performable, and it was the reason I bought the book.
A lot of his stuff is cool, easy, inexpensive and reasonably effective for the price...
But not this one.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
It is still a cool book to have for referencing and some of the stuff is performable (Footloose can freak people out if performed correctly). Also there is an explaination of the wrist rotation effect used by David Copperfield. So that is performable with whole audience interaction.

I also find that these are great bits to show and teach people (not just children).

I have done the rubber fingers for multitudes of people and they all thought it was cool. Even though they know it is an illusion, visually it is interesting. And that I believe is how we want our audiences to view our shows.
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Fair enough Mr Bill... I guess that I was just immensely disappointed with the "featured" illusion on the front. I was looking for something more like that, and felt that what I got was no where near that level.
Would still reccommend Andrews Other Stuff.
Gwyd
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
For sure, Andrew's other stuff is "more bang for the buck"
MAGISHAUN
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MAGISHAUN
Thanx for the replies. I too was interested in it because of the cover but if its not getting that great of reactions than ill probably think twice. Which of his stuff is worth getting?
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
I like his individual illusion plans- Head Twister and Voodoo Box are both ones that I use frequently. Still, very simple, both in concept and construction, but can be very effective.
Gwyd
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Voodoo box is great. I use Pocket Sawing in Half a lot. I also use Passage in his book The Secret Illusion Show. Bowling from Shock FX and Buckethead from Mayhem are both used by me at almost every show.
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
I do want to pick up Shock FX and Mayhem very soon. Heard some good things about them!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Body Morphin' (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL