The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » More like Revolutionary Coin Magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Hey guys,
I'm looking for a DVD along the same lines as Revolutionary Coin Magic (Sankey) This is one of my favorite DVDs that I own! Not for the ridiculous humor, but for the highly creative thinking. If Jay came out with Revolutionary Coin Magic II, I would buy it, but unfortunately, it has not happened. Does anyone know if there is another coin DVD out there that uses this same kind of "unconventional" approach to coin magic? I've got Bobo's, and Roth... the classics. I enjoy that, but I'm looking for something that is different from the classics and preferably clever stuff that can be done impromptu. My favorites from Rev. Coin Magic are No Jacket Required, Push Button, Mass Consumption, Mr. Clean Coins across, Capricorn Change/Pancake Toss, and I love the variations of the Han Ping Chien and the many applications of it... heck, I like it all... where can I get more stuff like this? Thanks
Dann
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
Have you seen any of Jay Sankey's other stuff, he has a huge catologue of dvds.... not all great in my opinion but some good stuff. Though it pains me to say,Penguin magic carries a vast supply of his tricks and dvds.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Jay just announced that he is releasing a follow up to Revolutionary Coin Magic. You should look into Cultural Exchange if you like creative thinking.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
Is that follow up the one being discussed in another thread here a complete introduction to coin magic by him or whatever? Or is it not so much beginner stuff bt more a Rev. Coin Magic 2?
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Wow! Really? Where did Jay Announce this? I get his newsletter... As far as his other stuff... yeah, I have a good deal of it. He's got some great coin stuff scattered throughout, but I was looking for a DVD dedicated to coins. Yeah, cultural exchange is a possibility. Thanks for the help. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Would Extreme Coin Magic be along the same lines?
Dann
Jim Salabim
View Profile
Loyal user
Skien, Norway
240 Posts

Profile of Jim Salabim
I asked this question in a thread a long time ago and still miss the answer. But off the top of my head:

- Paul Cummins, Up In Smoke
- Dan Watkins, Coin Man Walking

Take a look at Dan's site (www.coinvanish.com) and look at the reviews.... Lot's of good stuff there....

Jim
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Check out the material of David Stone and Shoot Ogawa.
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of John Born
Cutting edge cards and coins has some good stuff. If you like crazy, visual, original sleight of hand with coins, you definately will dig the upcoming "J Team 2" set.

John B. Born
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3950 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Knockout Coin Magic 3 DVD in one special edition set still contains unpublished material that can be found no where else. The New York Magic Seminar DVD Vol 1 - COiNS ACROSS contains many new and original sleights and ideas, and both are available from http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net . Hope that helped.
ONLY A FEW BOOKS LEFT AVAILABLE FOR SIGNING!!! First edition and reprint of Rubinstein Coin Magic sold out in RECORD TIME! The good news, though, is that I have reprinted the book once again (they are selling like hotcakes!), so there are enough for everyone!! As such, and for the last time, I again have a VERY limited supply of books left that I can sign. All come with a special FREE GIFT (worth over $25!) until supplies are gone, so first come, first serve! To order, be sure to send me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com . The books usually ship the day after the order is received (excluding weekends)!
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
Thommy Razor
View Profile
Regular user
Colorado
137 Posts

Profile of Thommy Razor
I'll second Johnny B. Cutting Edge has some great stuff. Translocation Reborn, Trans-knee-cation, and all technique with the balance palm are gold.
Cheers, all!

Thommy Razor
"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you." Dr. Konklin, Konklin Mattresses
www.myspace.com/RazorInc
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » More like Revolutionary Coin Magic? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL