The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Coin routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
After seeing Gary Kurtz perform a card roitine where he apparently goes back and forth through time I thought of doing a similar thing with a coin, i.e. spellbound, to show the coin with no face on it (as it has not been stamped with a face yet) then the coin (possibly signed) appearing in a plastic coin case like the ones coin collectors use... i.e. in the future as the coin would be a collectible. I hope that makes some sense.

I like the idea of a spellbound routine of this nature. Any thoughts? I'm sure similar stuff has been done before. I've had a coin made up with no face on it and showed it to a few people and the response has been good. I just need to develop it.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Curtis Kam showed his inside-out Spellbound in '79 or so.

There was a trick out from about then that ended with a slug getting "printed" into a half dollar after being a sphere then a cube.

David Neighbors mentioned a time travel type Spellbound routine here at the Café.

For some reason your text suggested doing a trick where you put the coin in a coin collector's folder and then it changes. Just the way I read... sorry. Smile

Okay, back to the "normal art" process of cobbling together a routine that works for you from such well known themes as time travel and available techniques in print...

Nothing truly new there but if you can present it, folks will probably enjoy it.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
It's a fairly logical plot so I'm not suprised it's been around for years. You're right in what you say about how it reads... what I meant was, it'd be a nice idea if a marked coin appeared in a coin collector's plastic sleeve as a logical end to the spellbound routine... kind of a see-through coin-to-sugar packet. Just playing around with ideas... thanks again for your advice.

Paul
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The coin holder thing is not so much trouble if you recall the old bit using staples and rubber cement for index cards.

Might be worth carrying around a stapler. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
Yeah, I remember, but I've found a gadget that fits in the pocket allows me to give their coin sealed in a plastic sleeve as a cheap, impossible souvenir. Maybe I'm being a little adventurous.... or perhaps all those over-priced coin-through-bottle routines and advertisements have finally gotten to me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Coin routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL