The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hiding history on web? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Xenafor
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Xenafor
Hi Tony Eng,

A couple of days ago you said to type in Danny Doyle on gpoogle and you would be amazed at what poped up, I tried that but was that a joke?

I'm not sure what my question is other than I did not find hardly anything for Danny Doyle? For even my own mother I can find page after page of stuff relating to her social activities buit for Danny I found like a total of 4 links and no photographs. So my question is two or three questions I guess. 1) Were you joking about Danny Doyle? 2. If you were not joking how come so few links about Danny? I understand he is a professional entertainer for twenty years and yet he has no history on the web? You would think that he would have photographs, reviews, etc? He has been doing this longer than David Blaine and Chris Angel and you cannot even find him ever appearing anywhere? 3. If that is intential how does Danny hide himself so well? HOw do you get reviews and notes photographs etc taken off of sites?

Thanks,

Mike
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Here is a link scroll down to see the mush of the man himself.....scary, very
scary indeed
http://www.bullshoalstheater.com/schedule.htm

Howard
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
"Hypnotist Danny Doyle ....inevitably becoming the talk of the Caribbean"

That's odd. I have a guest house just outside of San Juan and have never heard Danny's name mentioned. I guess I'll have to keep waiting for the ineveitable. Smile
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
HypnotizeAmerica
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of HypnotizeAmerica
With friends like you guys, who needs enemies. Too bad we just can't try to keep this positive and actually support each other instead of tearing each other down.

I don't have a dog in this fight, just making an observation.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
HypnotizeAmerica

Thank you. Your's is the best post in this forum made over the past week.

Tony
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
The Caribbean is a big place, in case the geographically challenged in the group haven't noticed. I've worked several islands down there, multiple times - Puerto Rico, St. Lucia, Turks & Caicos, for example, yet a web search won't turn up much about those appearances as they were part of a resort chains scheduled entertainments for promotional parties and were NOT public events - hence, no published publicity.

Corporate events rarely web-promote their talent. In the past two years, the Sheraton chicago has had Cedric the Entertainer, Chubby Checker, the Fifth Dimension, Lou Rawls, Bill Engvald, Mark Lindsey (of Paul Revere & the Raiders) and a number of other bigger name performers who appeared unnanounced.

One generally does not get ink or pixels for corporate gigs, my friends. Colleges, yes, corporate gigs, no.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Quote:
On 2006-05-06 13:21, HypnotizeAmerica wrote:
With friends like you guys, who needs enemies. Too bad we just can't try to keep this positive and actually support each other instead of tearing each other down.

Sorry, not a big fan of puffery. Please, group hug amongst yourselves.

Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Not a fan of puffery, this from a journalist? Smile

Thank you, I needed the laugh today.

Tony
Trying to get along with people since 1961. Smile
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
How dare you call me a journalist! I'm an opinonated (word I can put on this board)! Smile

Tony, I keep trying to catch your act downstairs at the Studio, but haven't had any luck. What's the next Tuesday you'll be there?

Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Although I have not received the schedule yet, I should be there tomorrow doing readings from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM.

If you want to see, I'll be breaking in some new mentalism material at the Holiday Inn Newton (Riverside) Friday night. It will be at the SAM meeting, this month's topic is "Share the Love" or come share what you love about magic (this opens it up to the non-performers). I use these events to break in new material. Plus we have really good snacks.

Tony
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Cool. Maybe I can make it Friday. Thanks.

hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
Quote:
On 2006-05-06 13:21, HypnotizeAmerica wrote:

Yes I agree why is it that people feel the need to tear other performers apart in a public forum?
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
An excellent question, hypnoman! Perhaps some of it is an outgrowth of the flawed logic that some hackers have - the concept that the only person who truly owns something is the person who can destroy it.

Which is patent nonsense, but they believe that, by being able to estroy something, they somehow have power, not realizing that the legacy that they will leave behind them is nothing but a wasteland, littered with the debris of far greater works that they could possibly conveive of.

In other instances, it may well be that someone is being critical of someone whose background simply cannot be checked out in any way, shape or form - and that DOES raise some questions about their credibility.

Take your pick after taking a look at who is doing what - and to whom.

Just my thoughts on the idea.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well Lee gets it right again. Yep. Corporate events don't promote their talent. No need to as they have the people already showing up.

As for not knowing I am in Jamaica, ok 2 things.

First off I don't write the things the theaters put up about me. THEY do. Not my fault.

Second they do make it seem flowery. Wouldn't you? Well if your a professional entertainer you would. Jamaica is in the Caribbian. Tell ya what I have been to San Juan and never heard of you. So what? Yea you need a geography lecture to be true.

As for not on the net it is a badge of honer. Let me tell you every and I mean every person with an invisible deck and a business card is on the net. SO WHAT? What does it prove? NOTHING. Maybe less.

I have clients and agents and people I have worked for and with for 15 years. NOT world famous, just grass roots gorilla marketing. Another term you may not be familiar with. I have not found the "net" as usefull as others. Does this make me worthy of attack? Guess so. Ok guilty as can be.

Tell ya what though. Why start a thread only to attack? Seems as if such a poinient thinker as yourself should have little time for such endevours. Funny though with 8 posts to your credit you start by attacking. What is your other name which I obviously offended? Come on ProfJW. is that you?

Posted: Jul 3, 2006 11:02pm
I'm sorry I guess I have to add this too.

Did you obviously miss the review of the Gene Williams Country Television show? The appearance and subsequent review at Branson Critic? It is archived in Aug. 2005 I believe.

The point is you really did some incomplete research, or you don't read very well.
The Branson Daily Independent has run stories and I am not sure if they are online or not.

Guess you missed quite a bit now didn't ya?

Now tell us who you are so we can look you up. Should be pretty easy!

Yea and Howard, look in a mirror some time prior to calling others scary.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hiding history on web? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL