The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Ghost Gaff Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
crdshark86
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
238 Posts

Profile of crdshark86
Hi, this post is about the ghost gaff deck. any reviews, comments, etc. will help. which is better, ghost or tiger gaff? thanks.
Ask me about Dan Harlan's Jam Sessions!
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
I don't own either deck, but I have to say that the money would be well spent somewhere else.

Just one man's opinion.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I have the ghost gaff deck and I have to say that it is well worth the money (despite what others, who don't even own the deck, would say).

There are a ton of possible routines and many of the cards are extremely original in design and thought.

If the Ghost deck fits your style then I stongly suggest taking it to higher levels by adding a few of these cards to your deck and really knocking out some killer (and often downright spooky) card effects.

I haven't gotten the Black Tiger Gaff deck yet, but it's definately on my list! I have also heard great things about it.

-Reis
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
reaper
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of reaper
I have both the ghost and black tiger gaff decks. Both gaff decks have some great possibilities for story magic tricks if that suits your style. They both have the practical gaffs; I prefer the black tiger because I can use more of the cards for my style of magic. That being said, I am glad I have both, because a couple of the ghost cards are pretty cool too. I have Robert Neal’s Life, Death, and other card tricks, and the cards from the black tiger deck have been very useful in illustrating some of the tricks from that book. It really brings the storie to life.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
On 2006-05-05 01:18, Chris SD wrote:
I don't own either deck, but I have to say that the money would be well spent somewhere else.

Perhaps you could explain to us exactly what basis you used to formulate this post?

As somebody who doesn't own the deck, how does one reach the conclusion you have reached?

......most gaff decks based on actual decks are capable of a multitude of effects, making them EXTREMELY useful if this is the direction any of your effects go in.
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I have both gaff decks (ghost and tiger) , I think they are both GREAT, so many options.
I am looking forward to the Gaff Deck DVD!

Later
PW
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2181 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
They are also putting out a regular red gaff deck. Some cards from the Tiger and Ghost Gaffs, and some new ones. Recently, they said that the new "regular" gaff and the gaff DVD will be out in about 2 months.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1355 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
That sounds good . I own the ghost gaff deck and I love it!
I would really be interested in a regular red gaff deck.
can't wait !:D

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I have the Ghost and Black Tiger decks, but I haven't invested in the gaffe decks yet. However, I DO have the Bicycle assorted gaffes deck, as well as the CAJ deck, and I've got to say, in my personal opinion, you just can't have too many gaffe cards. While I try to be conservative as to how many gaffed tricks I do, and how many gaffed cards I use in any one trick (and the fewer the better), studying a few gaffed cards can really get the creative juices flowing. Heck, you may even come up with a new trick that doesn't even use a gaffe, just by thinking 'outside the box'. Just too much fun!
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
magicbar
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of magicbar
Anything that can inspire creativity and invention is a good thing
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1436 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
I love the ellusionist gaffed decks. extremely beautiful. very nice ideas. skull kings look awsome. the raven idea and voodoo doll are awsome. d. garcias idea where the card appears on the card box as well as the joker who is holding their selection and so on. just great! I love it. and everyone who likes gaffed cards should get them.

btw: the 4 of diamonds where you can "pull" one dioamond after the other to the right down corner is great too.
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1355 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
When it came out on the market , there was a pic on ellusionist of a card (i think it was supposed to be a joker) with a horse skeleton. that looked so awesome.
I remember feeling so disappointed when I got the deck and that card wasn't in it.
*** !

-Matt

p.s. I am talking about the regular ghost
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1436 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
That is a wallpaper matt. it was never said it is supposed to be in the ghost decks. but I agree, it looks very kool. maybe when ellusionsit is dropping a thris creatiion it is in there Smile
a tip: get the wallpaper (if you can't find it anymore, send me a pm with your emailadress and I will send it to you) and go to bernd mauksch. let the card be rpint on any bike you want. I highly reccommend him.

Jah
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1355 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Hey memory-jah , I know that it wasn't mentioned that it will pe included in the deck. anyway , doesn't make much of a difference now , lol .

-Matt
Mysterioii
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Mysterioii
Quote:
On 2006-05-24 09:37, Memory-Jah wrote:
That is a wallpaper matt. it was never said it is supposed to be in the ghost decks. but I agree, it looks very kool. maybe when ellusionsit is dropping a thris creatiion it is in there Smile
a tip: get the wallpaper (if you can't find it anymore, send me a pm with your emailadress and I will send it to you) and go to bernd mauksch. let the card be rpint on any bike you want. I highly reccommend him.

Jah

The link is called "Original Joker Wallpaper" or something like that, so yeah I think this was a preliminary joker design, and I think I saw something to that effect elsewhere. I made another post directed to Brad at ellusionist earlier today about the Ghost jokers so maybe he will reply and confirm.
bradchristian
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of bradchristian
In the new red gaff deck coming in the first week of July, we included that skeleton horse and there's a trick with it also.

I'm thrilled with the way the red gaff has turned out... so many unique cards that you can use in performance. We'll try to have a teaser video up soon for you.

Army of 52 Gaff DVD will be coming out at that time also, starring Justin Miller and myself. That, KICKS. If you ever wondered about the impact of gaff cards out on the street - just wait.
zing82
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
218 Posts

Profile of zing82
Thanks Brad.

Looking forward to the many products that are going to be churning out.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.
durgy
View Profile
Elite user
Toronto
402 Posts

Profile of durgy
Is there a reason the new deck will only be in red? I would surely like a blue one... (perhaps brad can answer this?)
thanks

durgy
http://www.durgyspade.com
facebook.com/durgyspade
twitter.com/durgyspade
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On 2006-05-29 04:00, bradchristian wrote:
In the new red gaff deck coming in the first week of July, we included that skeleton horse and there's a trick with it also.

I'm thrilled with the way the red gaff has turned out... so many unique cards that you can use in performance. We'll try to have a teaser video up soon for you.

Army of 52 Gaff DVD will be coming out at that time also, starring Justin Miller and myself. That, KICKS. If you ever wondered about the impact of gaff cards out on the street - just wait.

So this 52 will be about the Ghost Gaff? I was looking at the Out of Focus Five and was thinking about having someone select that card and then talk about how Magicians can alter briefly a persons vision and that is why they tend to see thing s happen that don't really occur. Then tell him to think about that five stare at it like one of those 3d pictures let it get unfocused and when he does Snap change and tell him that he cant control it. everything else is fine but that card will remain unfocused until you snap him out of it. Snap fingers and give the deck that Jump move I forget what it is called but Greg Wilson tends to do it a lot to do a one handed color change with the deck in hand.
Midwest_Magicians
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Midwest_Magicians
I do not own the Ghost Gaff Deck but my partner and I have the Black Gaff Deck and it has worked wonders for us. You can come up with you own original tricks and even improve on some older ones. If you are going to get the Gaff Deck I would recommend buying the book as well it will give you insight and help you work out what Gaff cards are right for you. The money is well worth spending and you will get tremendous reactions if you perfom it right.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Ghost Gaff Deck (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL