The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Keith Lack's Creature (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I like the first presentation with the dirt. It actually solves the problems mentioned earlier in this thread regarding a reveal of the gimmick. Really creepy looking.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
TonyPorter
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of TonyPorter
Found this on youtube. Is this the one you guys are all talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yl4GkG7ouU
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
That's is the effect.
If you look at the link that Joe Mauro posted, you'll see the version I prefer with the dirt/wood chips. I think this added step instills more doubt as to what is actually happening.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I have one of the original ones I got years ago when the quality was good. It's a great effect, I do sincerely hope the quality of the new ones is good.

Mike
DLF
View Profile
Regular user
LA via NYC
145 Posts

Profile of DLF
I agree about how easy it is to spot. Also, I unfortunately agree about the customer service. I bought a creature and as I'm a pretty big guy with meaty hands, it was too small. I called and spoke with Keith who seemed like a great guy. He said he knew what I meant as he had to do one for Penn as well. He said to send him an additional $35 to cover the cost of the additional, large creature.

Well, I've never seen the new large creature, nor by $35 again. He no longer takes/answers my calls or emails. I literally did throw my money away, or should I say mailed it away.

David
Ok, I'll meet you at the place near the thing where we went that time.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Unfortunately mine is real easy to spot, also. There should have been a variety of "shades" of colors to choose from or something like that. Mine also said that it came with some kind of "foam" to adjust the gimmick. I did not recieve this. Did anybody recieve this "foam" piece in theirs? I don't like showing the hands empty the way I am seeing on the video. One hand "blocks" the other hand, and I have seen this in other effects, too, and I want to show the hands empty with a little distance between the two. And the "Creature" is not the same one that's in the actual demo video ad. I like the one in the ad better.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Turk, when I click on your link to Keith's shop, I'm getting a sports jersey website. Am I doing something wrong? I can't find his site anywhere. Someone mentioned earlier that he has some good effects, aside from the bad customer service. What are some of his effects like?
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Here is the original Creature ad. I've been fortunate, I've had overall great reactions to the effect. I usually do this in a dim lit atmosphere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yGe3RTFGf0&NR=1
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
I like the idea, but the prop is less than impressive comparing to the ad photo.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2010-04-29 08:48, nattefrost wrote:
Turk, when I click on your link to Keith's shop, I'm getting a sports jersey website. Am I doing something wrong? I can't find his site anywhere. Someone mentioned earlier that he has some good effects, aside from the bad customer service. What are some of his effects like?

No, you are not doing anything wrong. When I posted that link,that was Keith's URL link four years ago. But, if he failed to renew his domain name registration (either by forgetfulness or when they go out of business), there are guys that make a practice of immediately registering the name the moment it expires and becomes an "open" available name.

BTW, if you are interested in the recent history of this name and/or for additional information on the current owners of this URL name and link, see:
http://whois.domaintools.com/arlenstudio.com
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
westo
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of westo
I Agree with a lot of you about it being easy to spot, I think I will put it on a pull, to get rid of it sharpish.
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
I'm having mine repainted by an artist because it looks nothing like my finger. Also it is too small & only fits on my pinky which makes the handling more difficult. Really disappointed with this design. The face is good but the rest blows. Would it have been that difficult to make the finger side like a soft TT & the face as it is? Size wouldn't be such an issue then either.
MagicD48
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of MagicD48
I managed to get my hands on creature 2: Parasite over the weekend. Really enjoyable little effect. Wish I could have spent a bit more time with it though to try it to its full potential. Still it was different Smile Will have to get myself one of these.
Sadly the camo part of it looks nothing like my skin colour so I felt the need to rush the di*ch. I don't think rushing was necessary.
anubisgrimn
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of anubisgrimn
Does anyone have a creature (plus dvd would be nice) they want to sell to me? Pvt message me if you do, I'm interested. Thanks!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
8 years later and never heard back... I too am looking for a new one.
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Hey there,

and my apologies for making an old thread surface again.

The last few months I've been trying to find a 'Creature' but to no avail. Is there anyone here who has one they're willing to sell? Even instructions without the gimmick might do so I could draw some inspiration to make an own one (although I suppose it's a lot like L!ttle H@nd..?).
Please PM me if you do.

All the best,

T.
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
Isn't this the same concept as "What Tha"?

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5417

If so, is there a place to get these creatures, or something similar, separately and cheap? Maybe a novelty store website?
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
HUH! Never knew about "What Tha" Salby, thanks for sharing. I have been looking for Keith Lack's Creature and have not been successful. Might have to try this out...
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I've had this for years. Mine is a mouse.

Doug
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Id rather use the little hand by michael Ammar.... it blows all these other routines out of the water...
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Keith Lack's Creature (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL