We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » When Should You Wear A Cape? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
What setting would you or should you wear a cape?
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
Mostly you shouldn't. Speaking of formal ocasions, you would wear one for the most formal of occasions, but for the purpose of keeping your nicest of eveningwear from getting damaged by the environment. Other than that, whenever your costuming calls for you to wear one. Be warned, you're going to look like Liberaci or Dracula. If those looks are what the script calls for, then you're good.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2929 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
ALWAYS.

"Wear the cape. Never let the cape wear you." Roy Horn. Smile
escherwolf
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of escherwolf
Halloween events are ideal for the full formal cape thing. If you ever work a comic convention, a different kind of cape might work well for thematic purposes. I've known a couple of magicians that used a superhero motif for their magic (not me though, I don't have the legs for it)....
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I think when the phone in the Bat cave rings, it's time for you and Robin to put on your capes, utility belts, and go fight crime.
HAVE FUN
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Rob Pond
View Profile
Regular user
Scott, OH
156 Posts

Profile of Rob Pond
Lance Burton wears a cape in one point of his act. He opens it quickly and has a couple of doves fly out. I thought this was a very nice effect. The cape didn't even seem out of place when he walked in.
Rob Pond
Jonta
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Jonta
Kids shows maybe? If there are a couple of stars or something on it they will know you are a magician at once.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
You should wear it if and when it fits your character and show.
Daniel Faith
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
I would hazzard a guess and say that one should NEVER wear a cape...
xxx
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Icy Rabbit,

I agree. It's almost like wearing a top hat or nickers.

Boy, am I going to get hate mail over this.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2929 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I've got a copy of a very cool pic of Mr. Kreskin in a cape. Smile Smile
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
My top hat is my trade mark, and an important prop in my show. I have had fellow performers who did not recognize me with out it. My tie, suspenders, and top hat tells everybody that either the entertainment, or a very tacky dresser has arrived.
HAVE FUN
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
Icy-rabbit, and Darkwing, you guys need to get out of your paradigm. There is a much larger world than you guys think there is, and depending on where you are in it, anything can be, and often is cool, appropriot, or the right choice. I understand where you guys are coming from, but you realy should broaden your horizons. In the act of my duty I have worn tails, garters, a sportscoat, a tux, and a mumu. In each case they were exactly what I needed to be wearing to do my job.
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
Quote:
On 2006-06-15 13:18, JackScratch wrote:
Icy-rabbit, and Darkwing, you guys need to get out of your paradigm. There is a much larger world than you guys think there is, and depending on where you are in it, anything can be, and often is cool, appropriot, or the right choice. I understand where you guys are coming from, but you realy should broaden your horizons. In the act of fullfilling my job, I have worn tails, garters, a sportscoat, a tux, and a mumu. In each case they were exactly what I needed to be wearing to do my job.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
You wear a cape as you exit your carriage in front of the opera house. When you enter the theate you should give both you cape and top hat to the coat check girl (after checking your dates outer wrap which you of course have helped her to remove). This way you can enjoy the evenings entertainments without the hinderance and unsightly appearnace of having your capes and cloaks hanging over the front edge of your box.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
Don't forget flattening your opera hat for easy storage between the theatre seats.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Guys, I started this post tongue and cheek. Wow what a can of worms!!!!!
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Quote:
On 2006-06-15 23:01, Darkwing wrote:
Guys, I started this post tongue and cheek. Wow what a can of worms!!!!!

I didn't think I would be accused of being closed minded. Can't anybody take a joke.
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
I identify joke by the presence of humor. Besides, you knew.

Quote:
On 2006-06-13 23:22, Darkwing wrote:
Boy, am I going to get hate mail over this.

I was just making certain that no one took you two seriously. God forbid some young imporessionable mind think it uncool to do character work.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
By the way Al, I like the hat you are wearing in your profile. It's looks great on you.

David Williams
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » When Should You Wear A Cape? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL